🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

new Wormtongue, Eowyn, Uruk-Hai pics

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Hmmm interesting.

I'm thinking that we will get another round of XXXXX wasn't pretty enough (with Eowyn instead of Arwen or Galadriel).

PRH

Reaction score
That comment reveals which side of that argument your on. I don't know, I just find her plenty attractive. There certainly can be no reasonable complaints with that hair!

I also really like the range of expressions we've seen out of Eowyn in her few pics so far. I have a feeling Otto is going to be just great in the part.

Ged

Retired
Reaction score
PRH
I agree, I think the picture of Miranda Otto is stunning. It just goes to show that peoples' earlier presumption that she might be too old to play the part were totally without foundation.

PRH

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ged
peoples' earlier presumption that she might be too old to play the part were totally without foundation.
To be fair, she does look a good deal younger in this pic than the rest we've seen (as Eowyn). I always thought she looked great in the others anyway (but this one absolutely takes the cake). I was a little cornfused until now because I remember her seeming quite young in "What Lies Beneath."

Kelkorian

Reaction score
But you gotta admit she looks a little too young, no? Like, 12ish...

Ged

Retired
Reaction score
At the end of the day it is only the final cut of the film that really matters. Many pictures posted here and elsewhere are misleading because:

a) they were simply camera shots from the edge of the set, (to read criticism of scaffolding showing is simply amazing!) or:

b) sometimes actors take up ridiculous real-life appearances whilst doing the acting, because it will look RIGHT on the final rushes.

We can't judge yet whether PJ has got it right in TTT, though the majesty of the first film encourages me. But aside from all that, I could discuss that picture of MO all night.

Hawkblaze

the Blue of the Istari
Reaction score
That shows you how much might Alan Lee has in this production. That looks almost exactly like his painting of Eowyn when Aragorn refuses to take her with him (in the HarperCollins edition of LOTR in one volume). I think that pic fits Eowyn exactly as I imagined her.

R

ReadWryt

Actually, those look like professional photos, yet they are labeled as having been aquired by a "spy". And isn't it interesting that theonering.net, supposedly a fan run site, held off from producing these images for so long even though all the movies have supposedly been "Shot". It just goes to show you the lengths that New Line will go to in the promotion of this movie. theonering.net is really a mouthpiece for New Line...even New Line makes a big deal about how this kid that supposedly runs this is the "mastermind" behind the site, but quite obviously if some kid is running the site, and it's not a Comercial site, how in the hell could they afford to be co sponsors of the Oscar Night party in Los Angeles tonight along with WETA?

Anyways, Eowen looks fine. She is not supposed to be a ravishingly fetching women like Arwen so they are not at all screwing up in the casting of her, although she certainly is a cutie with that `lil grin of hers. Grima looks creepy as all hell...

PRH

Reaction score
Originally posted by ReadWryt
Actually, those look like professional photos, yet they are labeled as having been aquired by a "spy".
Acquired by a spy, not taken by a spy. And not a spy so much as an insider I'm sure. Still, I'm sure NLC encourages some of this. Whoever said TORN wasn't a commercial site btw?

Strider97

Reaction score
She is just what I imagined Eowyn looking like- What a babe- She looks twenty-five rather then 35.

These aren't spy photos but NLC building suspense prior to Oscar and feeding off of the publicity. They came from a group photos published on spanish website. The link is in the thread about TTT and spoilers.

Last edited:

son of bilbo

Reaction score
I'm disgusted at you guys...................she is way too old.

The only thing they did right in that movie was arwen.

Strider97

Reaction score
That totally depends upon what side of 35 you are. Learn to appreciate your eldars. Strider97

Goldberry

River Daughter
Reaction score
I just saw the trailer at the theater 2 days ago, and when I first saw Grima Wormtongue, I thought he was a woman - an old ugly hag witch. I couldn't imagine who he was supposed to be until he popped up in the trailer again and I realized he was a man. Wow, he is scary looking. I bet PJ is going to play up on Wormtongue being promised Eowyn in return for helping Saruman. Chilling thought for Eowyn and her family.

Taran

Reaction score
hmm...um, I sorta always pictured Eowyn younger-looking. not that Otto looks old, by any means, but theres just something missing that I can't quite put my finger on...

Thread suggestions