🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

'NSYNC and The Hobbit

R

Rohansangel

I heard Chris from 'NSYNC's favorite book was The Hobbit. I find this extremely funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~The Angel of Rohan

Gamil Zirak

The Ladies' Dwarve
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that he has even read The Hobbit let alone it’s his favorite book. I could be surprised by the member of Backstreet Boys, I mean 98 degrees, I mean NSYNC. I always get those bands confused. I think it has something to do with my conspiracy theory that they are all the same band. It's just a marketing ploy to make more money by selling three times as many CDs.

R

Rohansangel

Yah, I found it really scary at first ... I mean, pop singers and Tolkien DO NOT MIX. It's just a bit scary. But I don't even know if it's true ... Someone verify? Maybe? Please?

~The Angel of Rohan

Lindir

Reaction score
Originally posted by Dûndorer
he probably just wants to sound smart or something.
And what is so smart about reading The Hobbit?

EverEve

Back from a long hiatus
Reaction score
er......ummmmm....*pauses a moment to think up an answer*....maybe it could be cuz like, if he understood it, like, that would make him smart cuz, like, it can be a hard book to understand.....maybe...possibly?

Gamil Zirak

The Ladies' Dwarve
Reaction score
Isn't he the "boy" that dated Britney Spears? Maybe we was trying to distract us away from his break up with her. It was a diversion for the ringers.

EverEve

Back from a long hiatus
Reaction score
lmao!!!!!! thats was great! but i think that was justin.......

Gamil Zirak

The Ladies' Dwarve
Reaction score
Then it must be a boy band conspiracy to reach out to more people than just 12 year old girls. They figure that the ringers is a large group and that they should go for it.

This is sort of off subject, but I heard that N'SYNC was supposed to be in the new Star Wars movie. They were supposedly some "clones" in a battle and were killed.

Bucky

Reaction score
I just saw this thread's Title & said 'UGH!"

Back when I was your age, somebody would've posted up 'The Bee-Gees & The Lord of the Rings"

Who? you say.......

They were to music in the '70's what In Stink is today:
Commercially produced for the masses bubble gum.....

elvish-queen

Isilwen Elenrohir
Reaction score
Wandering Middle Earth with my horse, Linta
Um... I read the hobbit when I ws 8, sorry but if anyone out there thought he had a high IQ or something... Sorry, did I burst your bubble? But popstars do not have high IQ's, otherwise they would have had a 'higher calling in life'!:D
Ok, my mom says that Bob Dylan had a High IQ, but that's not what we're talking about!;)

Dûndorer

Reaction score
if he read the hobbit, then he would have found this forum and started to post here. he is probably looking at what we are talking about right now. LOL. hey look i can sing too, pop pop dirty pop clean pop. pop your bubles then pop 'em good. pop corn, then pop 'em in your mouth.

R

Rohansangel

I just found it a little disconcerting that a member of 'nSTINK would find a great piece of literature great ... But, I guess Tolkien reaches out to a lot of different people, no matter how low.

EverEve

Back from a long hiatus
Reaction score
*gasps for breath* Oh, that was great!

tookish-girl

Pippin's stranger sister
Reaction score
It's entirely possible that he read it when a little boy. He must be able to read, how else would they give him the songs other people write for NSYNC?
You probably wouldn't think any of Led Zepplin were great literature fans but they knew Lord of the Rings enough to put lyrics about it in their songs. Rock!
And yes, Bob Dylan does have an IQ. He is in fact a god. His royal Bob-ness, hurrah!

R

ReadWryt

I could be surprised by the member of Backstreet Boys, I mean 98 degrees, I mean NSYNC. I always get those bands confused.
Hehehe, "The Monkeys" were a band...they actually played their instruments. NSYNC is not a band at all, and I don't know, aside from the aliterative quality of the term "boy band", why they and the others get called bands. They are in fact "Vocal Groups", like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir or the King Family...hehe. :)

Thread suggestions