🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Of the Re-ordering of the Mountain Kingdoms

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
I, Snaga, have come to hold a wide range of lands. These include the Grey Mountains, the land of Angmar, the Misty Mountains and the Blue Moutains.

Let it be known that Lord Telchar, dwarf lord of Zirak Khazad has abdicated, having no more desire for the exercise of power.

These realms comprise predominantly of the mountain halls of the dwarves and the orc holds.

I am currently intending to create a new realm, the land of Anghoth. This will comprise the Grey Mountains, the Withered Heath, the land of Angmar, Mount Gundabad, and the Misty Mountains as far south of the River Glanduin.

Should someone arise in the Dark Legion worthy of taking the reins of power I will hand this evil land to a new ruler.

In the meantime I am looking for dwarf-lords who might like to become chieftains of their people.

There are four dwarf-cities:
- Belegost
- Nogrod
- Khazad-Dum
- Methedras. Methedras also now includes Isengard.

These cities will be given independence if requested. I know that it will be difficult for the dwarves to accept being ruled by the orcs... Anyone who wants to be consider for these responsibilities should post their claim, their lineage, and their policies.

T

The_Swordmaster

Khazad-dum were is that at? If it is were I think it is I would like it. I will post my polices and such after I know were it is.

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Khazad-dum is Moria... in the Misty Mountains.

To clarify Methedras is the southern most mountain of the Misty Mountain.

Nogrod and Belegost are in the Blue Mountains, Belegost is too the north of the Gulf of Lhun, Nogrod to the south.

T

The_Swordmaster

Ok I will claim Methedras.

Ok I will like to say that I'm not sure yet if I will want to stay under the control of Mornclaur. But for now I will stay with them. If I ever do break free I will like to stay allies with Mornclaur oor atleast friends.

But lineage I'm not sure what you mean by that snaga1.

T

The_Swordmaster

Here is Thror II family line. Thror II son of, Fror II son of, Thorin IV son of, Horin II son of, Horin son of, Frerin son of Thrain II son of, Thror I son of, Dain I son of, Nain II son of, Oin son of, Gloin son of, Throrin I son of, Thrain I son of, Nain I son of, Durin VI son of, Dain the Deathless. I know it's long but there it is.

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
'Your claim is well noted, Thror II. As indeed is your avowed policy to remain on good terms with Mornclaur. Such words are well-spoken. In the final reckoning, when the possession of Lord Telchar the Heirless is arranged, I feel sure you will not be forgotten.'

T

The_Swordmaster

Cheif Urukgush if I ask for freedom will I be cut off completely or still considered apart of Mornclaur.

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
I should perhaps first clarify. Zirak Khazad was never part of the Mornclaur Federation, just a long time ally, and its ruler Lord Telchar was of the Dark Legion.

I am looking for rulers of the dwarven cities who are not avowed and sworn enemies of Mornclaur, for where would the sense be in this? The craft of the dwarves is highly esteemed, and all can profit from trade and friendship.

I will speak more of this to you in private (PM).

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Snaga sat back in his chair for a time and drank a tankard of orc-draught.

Then he yelled some orders to a couple of orcs who were near at hand: 'Here... you... bring me messengers who can go south and west. And I want a big squad of boys from Inga going down to Moria. Yeah I want at least a thousand of them. Cos the Moria boys have some work to do. I want all their crafty dwarven hands working on a rapid construction project I have in mind. Time is pressing... ' He glared at them. 'Get to it!'

Aulë

The Larrikin
Reaction score
My character Chokang II (Son of Bálang, Son of Brór , Son of Funúr, Son of Borin II, Son of Fiki, Son of Chokang, Son of Dwalin, Son of Fundin, Son of Farin, Son of Borin, Son of Náin II, Son of Óin, Son of Glóin, Son of Thorin I, Son of Thráin I, Son of Náin I, Son of Durin VI, Son of Durin V, Son of Durin IV, Son of Durin III, Son of Durin II, Son of Durin the Deathless) would like to take on the role as Lord of Belegost.

(I've even got a nice family tree drawn up, but it appears that it's too big to be attached.)

Note: Approx. 50 Kings missing from line between Durin VI and Durin I.

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
The Urukgush studied the document with an impatient air, as of one forced to pay attention to a subject of no real interest but necessary to understand.

He rubbed the back of his neck thoughtfully. 'So, one of Durin's folk, eh? Very well. I had heard the Great Fortress of Belegost was once belonged to the Firebeams, not the Longbeards but what do I care about such matters? Your claims is only as good as your loyalty anyhow!

He tossed the parchment back towards Chokang, with an air of finality. 'Now at the last census, Belegost has 5,500 dwarves under arms. I don't think that will have changed. So with youngsters, the old, and womenfolk, I would guess that perhaps the city holds some 15,000 all in all.

'So, Lord Chokang of Belegost, take up your stewardship! An account of your defences is needed, and the state of the crafts practised in your city.

'You should understand that this may appear to be a time of peace, but peace is only a time of preparation for war. At present I have the Serewing, the renegade of Umbar in my sights. He has made off with a fortune from Mount Gundabad. At present words are our weapons. But sharpen your axe! It may yet be needed!'

Dáin Ironfoot I

Vive la revolution!
Reaction score
I feel this position should be given to the more experienced role player, and I feel snaga could determine that.

If there was a seperate ruler for each Dwarven kingdom, I think there may be too many parties there, plus who will take on these four roles? We have Aule and Swordmaster, who else is a good RPGer that can take on these roles? Maybe these two people could split up the disputed kingdoms, taking two for his own. But do realize that some characters (namely myself ;)) have ambitions for this future war that may or may not involve certain Dwarvish kingdoms... so I trust this will be solved be our trusty Orc here.

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
OOC - I am only giving positions to those who will contribute properly to the RP Dain. A couple of people from the Guild of Dwarves also asked but I told them they needed to get involved first.

Mormegil

Exceptionally Superfluous
Reaction score
OOC: Also Dain, by giving inexperienced people lands to control, it may encourage them to get involved and gives them some kind of base to work from. Thus making better RP'ers from them.

IC: The White Mountains wishes to convey its best wishes upon the new rulers of the other Dwarven kingdoms of Middle Earth, and hopes that past friendships will remain under new leaderships.

T

The_Swordmaster

OOC: I don't think Goverment Councils should be the way to make better RPGers out of people. For me GC always seem like the major leauge(sp.) of RPing. Inexperience people might want to start a war for no reason or not follow the RPGing rules that well. It could cause problems. Serious RPing sectoin is the place for poeple to get ready for the GC if they chose tot get involved.

About not enough people claiming land. For now it seems like me and Aule wish to have land. I feel it would be easist to give Nogrod and Belegost to Aule and Methedras and Khaza-Dum to me. I think me and Aule wouldn't mind later if more want to own land then we could appoint them mayour or some other position.

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Do not over-reach yourselves! Power is granted by rulers according to their own considerations. You may well hunger for wider territories. But first prove yourselves with what you are given, and from that more may spring! Did I myself not once have but a small legion of orcs and the Tower of Khand?

Thread suggestions