🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Ohtacárë i nwalmë úquétima: War OOC

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
Ohtacárë i nwalmë úquétima

Here is the central Thread for the War of Unspeakable Torment. Post initial troop locations and movements here. However, if a battle is to be fought a new thread will be made specifically for that purpose, making the Rp experience of this war simpler to enjoy, allow for this thread to be less cluttered and confusing, and to broaden the story thricefold, hopefully:) If there are any questions upon this "idea" please PM me. May the drums of war at last ring forth over the plains, dells, vales, mountains, and earth of Arda and may it not cease till victory is come.

¤-Elessar-¤

Telcontar II
Reaction score
yes, and this is as good a time as any to point something out... This is an rp made for a story. Sure, competetiveness will come, there is no doubt about that, but lets try to keep it at a minimum. We are just looking for a war where everyone can get along ooc. If anyone is being unreasonable, I am sure that the other members of the RP will be more than happy to dismiss them. Lets all have fun, ok?

Kementari

Lady Writer
Reaction score
I think you got that quote backwards GQ, lol!

Ooh a war, well its really about time. Lets all not take this to seriously though..

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
All of Arnor's troops are inside the Inner Ring, which is the collective borders of Arthedain, Cardolan, Breeland, and The Shire. All of the militias have been assimilated into distinct groups which guard the major (abandoned) cities outside the Ring. The Navy is still moored at the havens of Forlond and Harlond, though several ships are at Himling.

The Praetorian Guard is currently in Tharbad, and is awaiting the arrival of 500 of Arathin's Dunedain which are being guided by Eariel Penngristion.

When I figure out how many troops I actually have, I'll let you know :D (I'm guessing aroudn 80,000, including the infantry, militia, and Praetorian)

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Current disposition of active forces

Herewith follows the active forces of Mornclaur that are deemed active - i.e. not on defensive duty.

72,000 aboard 9 naval fleets, that are at sea. Numbers, nature and formations can be posted as required (i.e. should any put to sea against them).
34,000 dwarves, 20,000 orcs, 1000 trolls and 29,000 men in the Far North.
50,000 are at the Fords of Poros, South Gondor.
50,000 currently stationed at Dagorlad
40,000 at Imlad Morgul supported by 70,000 orcs and 10,000 olog-hai.
80,000 in the Brown Lands.

Those in defense I will post as needed.

The nature of these troops (cavalry / infantry) etc I will be posted as soon as they are moved.

Talierin

Still here... sometimes
Reaction score
*AHEM* ALL of Ithilien is under control by myself, and that includes Minas Morgul, Imlad Morgul, Cirith Ungol, and all around there (dengen gave me C.U. the other day, even though I fight on Gondor's side). So please, please, remember that! And when you write about Minas Morgul, please don't take the book's description, cause it don't look like that anymore! *takes deep breath*

Ithilien has about 1,500 troops.

Eomer Dinmention

The Asian Lord
Reaction score
* A third of Rohans army is up in the north, in Helms Deep
Another third is in the outer walls of Edoras
And the last third is in the south in the middle of East Emnet.

I do not know how many there are, including City Gaurds, Militia, Knights and Calaviers. But i think my army is around 64 000 - 66 000

**Also i think that Valar won't be back until this sunday or monday, so i suggest no one makes a move on him. Because that is just unfair

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Have no fears Lady Talierin, the memory of the Mornclaur Federation is long indeed!

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
The March from the North has begun. I have started the thread here.http://www.thetolkienforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5435

Depending on how events turn out, perhaps it will fan out further. Who knows... Lets have a good clear posts eh?:)

On a technical point, I have checked carefully the defences in that part of the world.

(1) All Spencers posts are very clear that the Wall was 50 miles long, so it can only stretch to the Hills of Angmar, not to the Misty Mountains
(2) Ciryahers post about his obelisks states the Hithaeglir - ie the Misty Mountains, not the Hills of Angmar. (Whatever it is those things are supposed achieve!)

So the Hills are passable, and I'm comin' through! Hope noone disagrees with that.:)

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
Yes, I am here. Thank you Elessar for your kind words of support.

Gondor is indeed aware of the rising storm that is brewing above it's proverbial horizon. We are currently mustering our troops at Minas Tirith and plan to march northward toward the Brownlands. Our militia will be divided into seven companies. Five companies will be sent immediately Northward, led by Valar's chief general Maedhros. The other two companies shall be sent soon after led by either Valar or myself. The following is Gondor's current military census.

Military Strength:

Provincial Militia - 16,000 Infantry
750 Cavalry

Professional- Infanty 54,100
**Sword 24,100
**Foot archers 10,500
**Heavy Infntry 11,020
**Spear 8,480
Cavalry 14,345
**Knights 75
**Paladins 45
**Heavy Cavalry 10,200
**Light Cavalry 4005
Total - 85,195

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Troop numbers for Zirak Khazad

Here are the forces at the disposal of Zirak Khazad.

Province of Ostmor: 4,600 - 3,000 orc infantry, 1,500 wolf-riders, 100 trolls
Province of Gundabad: 9,200 - 6,000 orc infantry, 2,500 wolf-riders, 700 trolls.
Province of Inghaburzush: 5,200 - 3,100 orc infantry, 1,500 wolf-riders, 600 trolls
Province of Mount Gram: 5,000 - 3,400 orc infantry, 1,500 wolf-riders, 100 trolls
Province of Khazad-dum: 14,400 dwarves
Province of Methedras: 16,700 dwarves
Province of Nogrod: 4,600 dwarves
Province of Belegost: 5,500 dwarves.

Their first involvement is here: The Capture of Isengard

Last edited:

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
BTW... Just so you understand why I havent posted again in the March from the North, Lorien has told me he can't post his reply 'til Monday and asked me to wait.:)

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Since when do you control Zirak Kazhad? Telchar should control his own forces if he's going to be in this war.

Arnorian Military:

20,000 Swordsmen
25,000 Short/Longspearmen
15,000 Axemen
15,000 Hammer/Mace
5,000 Archers
80,000 Infantry

plus
1000 Praetorian Guardsmen
500 Dunedain (Arathin's followers)

And the Navy...if it is needed...will be posted later.

Arathin

Sic Lucreat Lux
Reaction score
Due to my lord Ciryaher's good graces, I am now the Governor and Arnorian Senetor of the Mithlond/Himling Province.

I have 5,000 milita through out Mithlond ready at a moments notice, and I have my 500 Dunedain warriors of Numenor.

Thread suggestions