🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Ohtacárë i nwalmë úquétima: War OOC

Dáin Ironfoot I

Vive la revolution!
Reaction score
Very well put Kementari. I think the people that are getting most upset here are in actuality the ones that take it so literally and personally.;)

I wish Dengen would reply to my PM I sent him, it would be very nice to hear his opinion before we redo this thing.

Dáin Ironfoot I

Vive la revolution!
Reaction score
Humph. Well, if Dengen doesnt want to restart, then he has A LOT of posting to catch up on.

*Waits for Dengen to post in the war*

Hmm... if he wants to do this thing, then why doesnt he DO it? You too Nenya, you know you are my favorite lass of the mountain, but you keep saying how much you want to do this, and then nothing is done! The West has done more than its fair share of posting.

Anyways, dont say that we need to post, because this war is in your two hands, the ONLY remaining Mornclaur posters in the war. This is not going to work, we have been cat fighting for a month now... If you guys want to do this thing so bad, then don't just sit there, DO IT! Im tired of hearing you all complain about not restarting the war, so why dont you prove to us this can be finished by posting in the threads? I know D-G has done this already, but we need more understandable and complete posts that can finish this thing ASAP. This war has been slow from the beginning, and this quarrel just proves its ineffectiveness.

Restart this damned thing already. This war really is the War of Unspeakable Torment, because I can't bear to put up with this stuff any more! ARRRRGHHHHH :D

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
Everything in Gondor is waiting on people in the West. I do not believe that Dengen is even involved in Arnor, and I most certainly am not. We are waiting on the West . . . I think.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
I have been waiting for something to happen in the North for I think 5 months, at least. I've also been waiting for something to happen in Lhun for 2 months. Telchar is AWOL, and Dengen doesn't post enough to make continuing this war worthwhile. Either Mornclaur gets its act together or we're restarting thing, with Dengen or without him. I'm not going to waste my time waiting for him to post.

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
Dengen just posted a long post in Dol-Amroth concerning the battle between the Rohirrim and the Mornclaur forces. The next move is yours . . . unless you'd like us to annihilate your Rohirrim?

Something to happen in the North? I think you're own words speak volumes. Perhaps the one we should be leaving out is you.

Thanks for posting Anamatar! If you want, go ahead and continue your posting in Gondor with Anamatar. :)

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Reaction score
The remnants of the war that are struggling to keep going are only going to cause ill-will between members. I think it would be a wise idea to restart the whole thing; unless strife is a good thing. :rolleyes:
It would probably be less work to restart than it would be to try to keep this one alive.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
The War Debate

It seems as though not only does the concept of a Forum In-Character war need to be edited in the way it works, but also whether or not the current conflict should be restarted or continued.

It is my argument that the war should be restarted. There is no point in continuing due to the following points:

1) Lack of participation. Hardly any Mornclaurian Dark Legion members have done anything in the War, and this is unacceptable.

2) Lack of organization. Battles that aren't finished, arguments over outcomes, technology, etc. etc. etc. These are unacceptable, seeing as they prevent anything from being done and anyone from having fun.

3) Incompleteness. Many battles are never finished because either there is an argument that is never resolved or, more commonly, the opposing force never responds for one reason or another. This is unacceptable.

4) "Plans" that put the game into chaos and are never followed through, thereby killing the game. I don't have to say anything more on that subject; it speaks for itself.

I see no reason whatsoever for continuing this war, which has gone far too out of hand far too many times. Your thoughts.

Last edited:

Dáin Ironfoot I

Vive la revolution!
Reaction score
First of all, I want to say that under NO CIRCUMSTANCES will this thread turn into a petty argument one! This is a brainstorming thread, and after we address these issues, we shall move on to ideas for the new war. We need full and complete cooperation, and if you have a statement that will certainly provoke an outright argument of attrition, for godsakes do not post it!

Anamatar IV

Anabadger
Reaction score
I would like a restart or a new war but for few of the reasons Cir mentioned above.

I would like a better central rp. This one is horrible. It's rubbish. No story. Good vs bad. Oh yeah that's a thriller isn't it?:rolleyes:

I'd like to be in a war from the beginning. Many people were thrown into the middle of the war. At least give us time to get known before we have to fight and make crucial decisions. Face it: if Heren Istarion just showed up infront of the Hunter's barbaric soldiers the Hunter would have NO CLUE who we are, why we are there, or if they should fight us.

What in the world happened with this rp? There is a reason why people now refer to it as the wars and no longer as the war rpgs. In ANY other rpg you read there are no disagreements, arguments, undoings, or ANY of this. If someone does something bad that was against a previous post you see this:

"ooc: Lol, Actually, [insert nickname here], if you'd have read my post you'd see that only THREE orcs were after us, now a few dozen.:p"

This rpg needs to be restarted and it needs to get back to the role playing.

And as for role playing, I want to get my plan out so all that thinking doesn't go to waste.:p So yeah I'll still post.

Last edited:

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
I agree, Anamatar. We need more RPing and less arguing over petty things. The War (typing RPG takes too much effort :p) became too serious. Doubtless I was guilty of letting it get too personal, but that's no excuse for everyone to do it.

Let's restart this on a good foot.

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Columbia, South Carolina, the United States of Nor
Huh. Whatever you say. I haven't seen any posts over there for a while. Also, noone paying attention to that little question in the F.A.Q. thing didn't make me think that the government RPG section was very useful. Anyways, why don't those other two things you were talking about have little threads of their own in the government RPG section? Sure, the people talking in those threads might not own land, but if they're in charge of some big force in war thingys, I would think that it would be nice for them to have their own little threads in that government RPg section. No? :confused:

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Yay, they *do* have their own threads. Set the post view to at least 2 months back and a ton of threads will appear. Now please keep this limited to PM's, because you're off topic.

Anyways...what about the rest of you? Anamatar and Dain have said their piece, but we need more input.

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
I am de facto in charge of the Misty Mountains, and the Blue Mountains as Telchar gave me permission to post for him.

I am also ruler of the orcs of the Grey Mountains, and sometime general of Mornclaur. Basically the northern campaign was meant to be my responsibility.

Firstly apologies for not posting for long periods. The fact that I had to explain who I was probably shows how little I've posted.

The lack of posts has mostly been because of lack of time. I just have hardly been at the forum. But even when I was here I didnt much enjoy the war.

I think it would be better to write our way out of the impasse in some way, just because those posts that have been written involved effort on the part of those involved. It seems a shame...

Telchar

Someone out there?
Reaction score
Sorry, a bit late, but have been busy..

I hereby abdicate from the throne of Zirak Khazad and announce that my successor is Snaga.

In other words, it's up to snaga to decide whether he want's it or who's going to take over Zirak Khazad.

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
I think the premise of these wars is wrong. They inevitably get personal, and then people nitpick over each others posts. Where's the fun in that? Every post I wrote seemed end up with at least one person yelling at me!:(

I don't mind too much if it stops, restarts or whatever because I doubt I'll be inclined to be involved too much. I'm more interested in trying to find an elegant exit from all this palaver.

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Columbia, South Carolina, the United States of Nor
Ah. Okay. sorry about that. When you mentioned the Heren Istarion and Ranger things, I thought you were talking about threads in those guilds. oh well. Anyways, how is that off topic? By talking about the uselsessness of the government RPG section while a war was going on even after the two months you're talking about, I'm suggesting that we should toss better communication into this thing. sorry if I didn't toss that bit of constructive criticism in there before. :rolleyes:

Also, yes, Yay for the superly evil snaga1 person! I'm not a fan of these scary war RPGs. The only way I can think of that would actually make them work would be to write a schedule down and have everyone agree. The whole thing would be planned out in advance because if it wasn't, you'd run into all kinds of arguements about every little thing along the way. :eek:

Dáin Ironfoot I

Vive la revolution!
Reaction score
I have talked to many members refusing to post any longer. To them I say, grow up! If it takes one or two more posts to end this thing, then lets just DO IT. This war can end fast with concise and clear posts, specifiying retreats, or decisive attacks. If a member of the other party does not post in response, then post their defeat by your forces. I know I do not have the final say in this matter, but I am calling for a finish to EVERY war thread in the war of unspeakable torment. It must be completed to set up the scene for the next one. If you are refusing to post, then prepare to be annihalated. mwhahahahahaha!!!

Thread suggestions