🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Ohtacárë i nwalmë úquétima: War OOC

Dáin Ironfoot I

Vive la revolution!
Reaction score
Read my post in the war thread. I fear this is the only way to end this matter, and I take off my hat to Anamatar, Elessar, and Snaga for doing so. Lets get this thing over with.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
I agree with Dain's proposal to end the war as quickly as possible.

I suggest that afterwards, we have an interim of peace before starting a new conflict.

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Reaction score
Why even bother to end it? I see no reason to continue on; it's a rather pathetic excuse for a 'war'. Let's just be done with it! Is it really necessary to drag this painful exercise out until we all drop from exhaustion and boredom? :p

Dáin Ironfoot I

Vive la revolution!
Reaction score
I see your point Aerin, but one must realize that in order for this next war to be a success we need full cooperation on both sides.

Right now, we know of two people of the Mornclaur whom are adamantly opposed to a restart. With the entire west gearing up for a restart, we cannot set the scene for another disaster like this war. The only happy medium is to end this thing quickly and concisely, this war is filled with holes and open ended, the least we can do is end it. There is no way we can simply forget what has passed, and a quick stalemate is the only way out. If Mornclaur opposes to this, then their holdings in debate will be taken by the West and used against them in this upcoming war.

Just a few posts, and this thing can be over. I got Cir to agree with me, which in itself was harder than mithril itself! ;)

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Reaction score
Why not just pretend this war didn't happen? Go back to the place we started from when this war started....
But, if it's been decided without me, that's fine, too.

Mormegil

Exceptionally Superfluous
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the forum war which preceeded the current one (which involved the west uniting and trying to invade Mornclaur), started and then went wrong for some reason.
What we did then was to stop the war, forget all the events which had happened during it, and retreat back to pre-war positions.
This caused no problems then, and people were not unsatisfied with the abrupt ending of the war.

I say let's get this thing finished now and reorganise a new war with better planning. We need more people for Mornclaur, everyone is agreed on that, but no one wants to become evil.

Well I'll start, If and when this shambles is concluded and we actually get round to starting a new war, I will turn evil and ally the White Mountains with Mornclaur, for the good of the war.

Now people, lets get this thing sorted out.

Dáin Ironfoot I

Vive la revolution!
Reaction score
Well in this upcoming war, there will be many parties in conflict, so you may not have to turn evil, just allied differently. For instance, you could be at peace with Arnor, war towards HI, war towards OV, and peace towards Mornclaur. This will make for a very interesting setup, me thinks. But this war must be finished abruptly before we can do another one; history has a habit of repeating itself.

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
OK if this agreed I will try to pull to the following position...

(1) Angmar returned to a realm of evil as of old... (before the Necromancer Lorien left the Dark Legion)
(2) The Vale of Imladris is captured, and becomes a place of evil.

I propose the latter as there was no elf-lord/lady in charge of it anyway, and anyway its a good storyline... or cause for war in the future.:D

If that's acceptable I'll write something in the 'March from the North' thread.

I don't know how easy it would be to do this elsewhere... I'm not so up with current events in the other threads.:confused:

Before we start on any other wars I suggest its time for a little diplomacy and talking. New powers are arising... all of this needs to shake down a little. This will help people to get acquainted with the rp world.

Ciryaher: can I make a suggestion? I think it would be helpful to all if the war threads (including old war threads) were moved into the Govt Councils forum. That way newcomers can see that its all part of the same thing. Would that be possible? just a thought:)

Dáin Ironfoot I

Vive la revolution!
Reaction score
That is a very good idea snaga, that way the councils and war would be in the same place.

As to a black Imaldris, I would personally like to see it in the hands of the West, preferably HI. HI is another power, increasing in numbers and influence, and I feel that Rivendell would suit them nicely.

The OV are another important factor in the new war. We will each have to meet somewhere and Rohan will be ours, split up into a section for each of the five members. The Valar have not totally abandoned their children.

I will post in the March from the North, and it is there that Dain will be called into his power, where he will first recognize the fire of Aule that arises within him. There will be no powers used as of yet, but they will start to show in Dain's persona.

Either way: I wont let you get Rivendell so easly snaga ;)

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Of course you would, but I have it presently!:)

Still, I suggest this only as an interim measure, so we can step back and take stock for a little while.

A quest to re-take Rivendell would make a very good RP storyline. It doesnt have to take place straightaway. There seems to be a lot of desire to draw a line under what has happened, so this is just my suggestion as to how we might achieve that...

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
ack ... we just posted at the same time! I'll move mine to after yours... it would make more sense that way!:D

Dáin Ironfoot I

Vive la revolution!
Reaction score
Hmm it seems there is no escape for the forces of Heren Istarion, I should have posted that we killed those damned trolls when I had the chance!:p

Dain cannot possibly turn the tide of this battle, and I will council Anamatar so. But dont you worry, snaga, we'll be back next war! :mad: ;)

EDIT: Anamatar, read my PMs before you post!

Last edited:

¤-Elessar-¤

Telcontar II
Reaction score
why is it that all of the major posting happens on nights when I have homework??? Alright, I didn't read all of this thread, but I read the first and the last posts, so I should be alright.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Firstly, I want to apologize for any rudeness that I conveyed to you all. It was inexcusable, and I shall do my best to redress it for the good of all.

Secondly, I have a...few concerns.

Mornclaur is *really* getting too big...can we please please please make Zirak Khazad a neutral group as before, Angmar deserted completely, and Imladris left raped and abandoned. I don't mean to whine, but even I know that if Mornclaur controlled the Blue and Misty Mountains, Angmar, AND Rivendell...the regions of Arnor, Arandor, and Rohan would be completely hopeless.

Come...you have millions of troops to draw upon, give the West a *little* break and allow these measures...there is no way that a war would be fair with the scales that much in Mornclaur's favor. I implore you to consider my requests, Snaga (and Dengen).

Also...I think that if we ended the war and withdrew our forces, it would be much easier to start a new cycle of politics and eventually a war. I have a plan in mind that I have talked over with Mormegil, but unfortunately not Turgon, who I needed to talk to the most (and apparently thinks that I didn't like him and thus left his moderating position :(). Hopefully we can work things out to ensure that the next conflict is not so...quarrelsome? And much more fun!

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Thanks for moving things... I think that helps a lot.:)

It seems appropriate that as the thread starter I should write a concluding post to the March from the North.

I agree with your sentiments Cirayher, and I am working on some things to re-order the world somewhat.

But I am not part of Mornclaur at the moment, but I have control of Zirak Khazad, the Grey Mountains, Angmar and Rivendell.

I am going to take this opportunity to involve some new participants... especially some new dwarven chieftains.

My new realm is generally evil and aligned to Mornclaur but its not as disciplined, unitary or reliable. It could be dangerous and unpredictable... it might act as one ... or it might not. It might answer the Dark Lord's call... or it might not.

I hope this is acceptable in terms of balance of power, and more fun and interesting?

Nenya Evenstar

Reaction score
I think that will work great, snaga.

Now, we really need to get Dengen in here and posting. *Runs to call Dengen* ;) What will be a satisfactory resolution to the war in Gondor? As it looks now, Gondor may end in the hands of the Mornclaur . . . . I'm thinking that since The March to the North is ended that The Girdle of Goroth needs to end too. However, the trick is just doing that and making everyone happy. Regardless of how this war ends, the Mornclaur and the West can always make treaties later. Discuss. :p

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Hmm...true, Nenya. Rather than worry about where things settle (as long as they're not terribly unfair) we could just as easily and effectively make treaties after the war to perhaps make some side-balancing compromises.

Anamatar IV

Anabadger
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows my lastest post in the Girdle of Goroth thread is insignificant to everything. Pretend it didn't happen if you must. I am simply doing it for simplicity (yeah yeah I know:p)

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
I think most know my thoughts on this issue. I am completely against a restart, in all too many ways. The issues I have seen brought up can very easily resurface in any other war we may attempt. New parties may enter the fray midway, should we instantly restart the war because of that? Errors in 'organization' may occur, does this instantly merit a restart. I also have to say that I have not seen any true organization errors so far within the war. Disputed conclusions to battles may occur, and undoubtedly will continue to occur, but can be resolved. I will agree that Mornclaur does not have enough members, but that is an issue which I am certain can be rectified immediatly. The northern front, admittedly, is lacking in posts from the Mornclaur Side, and has not spawned as numerous battles as has Girdle. However the West has not responded in Girdle whatsoever (not counting Anamatar's post:)).

I realize that it is very unlikely that the war will continue with such opposition, so here is my idea for a compromise. We end things as they are now, exactly. The nations can declare some kind of armistice, and that's the end of that war. But I then call for a moritorium on any other war for an extended period of time (I would prefer three months). The reasoning behind this being that within three months most students will be in that wonderful period of the year known as summer vacation, and can thus devote much more to the war then otherwise possible. Thoughts?

Thread suggestions