Ohtar Valaina

Discussion in 'The White Council' started by ¤-Elessar-¤, Mar 4, 2003.

1. ¤-Elessar-¤

¤-Elessar-¤ Telcontar II

anrgy 4.0 student
    Home Page:
    http://www.geocities.com/elessar1086
    From the ashes of what was the White Council there is a new order. This new order is founded upon the principles of it’s forefathers, and is dedicated to the same moral values. The new order is the Ohtar Valaina, they are aligned to none, save to their brotherhood. And their powers serve none, save the Valar from which they were given. They are given powers by the Valar, and champion are they to their Vala. But when the battle is fought and done, they are their race of origin.

The Valar chose the Ohtar Valaina, and those powers were bestowed upon them on the basis of which of the Valar most had their favor. However, the Valar were never again to return to the lands of Middle Earth, and they knew that they could not meddle there overlong. Thus, they chose that the council should serve it’s own upkeep, inducting new members when the older have grown old or grown afar, for many of them were men, and men are mortal. They harbour themselves in the Temple of the Valar in Arnor, for it was the place of their forefathers. They also laid claim to the halls of Ruin in Thalionost, the Capitol City of Arandor, and in any other hall of any other friend.

Five of them exist, and five Valar were there to sponsor them. And they and their powers are as follows

Aerin
    Blue- This wizard has power over ice and water. Can talk w/ sea life, control oceans, rivers, etc., cause blizzards and anything else to do w/ the aforementioned. - Ulmo, lord of Waters

Dain Ironfoot IV
    Red- This wizard has power over the earth- fire, and also in stone, dirt, etc. - Aule Mahal

Arathin
    Green- Wizard w/ the power of the forest, can talk w/ all the beasts of the earth and all that grows, etc. - Yavanna Kementari

Galdor
    Silver- Wizard w/ the power over steel, armory, weapons, etc. Also has powers over light- Tulkas Astaldo/Varda

Elessar Telcontar II
    Grey- This wizard have powers in seeing the future, shape shifting, mesmerizing, etc. These are some of the rarest wizards and therefore will be one of the smallest sub-Guilds, yet 1 of the most powerful. - Namo Mandos

And thus the members of the order come out from their secrecy, speak here, all of you above, and let all know that you live and breath the power that you are given!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2003
  2. Dáin Ironfoot I

Dáin Ironfoot I Vive la revolution!

Skilled Craftsman and Miner
    Home Page:
    http://
    From the deep places of the earth I have come. I have been imbued with the essence of fire and earth by Mahal and my forefathers, and I readily accepted the responsibilities that came with them...

Mahal's forging hammer shall be my axe, his iron forges my armor, his wisdom and skill I shall call my own. Though my power is naught but a candle in his pyre of limitless might, it is more potent than the fires of Mornclaur, and mightier than the rolling hills of Arnor. By Durin the Deathless, of which line I call my own, I shall take up the power of Mahal and smite my foes before me. For the earth shall quake beneath their feet, and the flame shall consume them like a thread of gold is consumed in the furnace!

I am Dain Ironfoot the Fourth, the Red Wizard of Ohtar Valaina.

3. Galdor

Galdor Afraid of waking

Behold I come from the Grey Havens, from the shores of the sea where dwells my heart. I have been chosen by Tulkas and Varda to be their hand upon this earth, it is their power I wield, the power of light and steel. I accept the responsibilities that come with this gift, and will serve without question until my death......

The laughter of Tulkas shall be my strength, and the light of Varda will guide me. I am a vessel of their power, mighty upon this earth, but in light of their majisty I am naught but a speck of light in the distance. Of the Teleri I am come, and in honor of my linage I shall take up the power given to me, and with it I will break the might of my foes, and heal the land of their filth. The darkness will fall back before me, and with steel I will cleave it.

I am Galdor Elvëa, the Sandaórë, Silver Wizard of the Ohtar Valaina.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2003
  4. Arathin

Arathin Sic Lucreat Lux

Student
    From the Wilderness I was born and within it I will forever remain. Gifted was I by Yavanna Kementari, in her eternal wisdom and splender with life and earth. I heal the scorched and blooded ground after battle, and call new life from the old and dead. Greatest grow the green trees when left to their own devices. I accepted these powers in the glory of the green earth and the responsiblities that came with them...

From deep in the shadowed valley to high on the mountain tops, from amide the far stretching plains to the tall forests dark, the powers of Yavanna Kementari travel. Her wisdom is embedded within the earth itself and all things that grow out from it. Her mercy is shown in every leaf, and her vengeance in every prowling creature. I am her hand upon this world now, and though shorten is my reach, may my vengeance and mercy be as swift and justly given as hers.

I am the Lady Arathin, immortal half-sister of Aragorn and Glorfindel of Rivendell, Green Wizardess of the Ohtar Valaina. May the green guide your path.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2003
  5. Aerin

Aerin Halfway out the door

Music Department Slave
    The depths of the ocean writhe like a thing living, boiling in the darkness that smothers and strangles any and all light daring to delve so deep. Granted me is control over water, weather, and the elements; the ability to communicate marine life and power over their actions. With such power comes duty; I am sworn to Ulmo to uphold his laws and justices until my death...

The eyes that are filled with watery mysteries gaze out from a sea of immeasurable depth; his control extends over the rivers, streams, and lakes; his will bends the weather; the skies do his bidding. T'was from such mysterious and unfathomable expanses of the waves that Ulmo, Lord of the Waters, chose myself as the vassal to contain his powers in Middle-Earth.

I am Aerin Tantalë, daughter of Rasién and Firiel, Blue Wizard of the Othar Valaina, controller of the waves.

6. ¤-Elessar-¤

¤-Elessar-¤ Telcontar II

anrgy 4.0 student
    Home Page:
    In the furthest reaches of the conciousness I lie, in wait of precious thoughts and animal instincts. In the mind I am unmatched, and my powers there give me the ablility to see deepest fears, and shallowest affections. The mind is my world, and in it I am deity only under Mandos, who's order I keep on this earth, and who's guidence and trust weighs always in my thought.

By the penetrating thought of Mandos I stumbled upon this power, and to that thought I fully pledged myself unto my duty, and that duty is simple. It is that we look not only to the present, but also to the past and the future, and not to forget what we see. With this message and with this gift I come upon Middle Earth to remind those who chose to forget the lessons taught.

I am Elessar Telcontar II, Grey Wizard and self-proclaimed guide of the order.

7. ¤-Elessar-¤

¤-Elessar-¤ Telcontar II

anrgy 4.0 student
    Home Page:
    Excellent. We are now declaired and our powers will take to effect.

I suppose that the main topic of interest for the RP section of the forum, at the moment, is the Re-start of the war. If a restart does occur we will be in complete control of our powers. If we fail to restart, then our powers will be suspended until the end of that war, or until otherwise declaired.

8. Arathin

Arathin Sic Lucreat Lux

Student
    That is reasonable. I personally think it should restart anyway. I don't know what is going on really. Also Being a queen and governor is probably gonna be rather difficult if I don't know what is going on.

9. Dáin Ironfoot I

Home Page:
    Well off to another, equally important topic: the threads. We cannot possibly just use this one thread to discuss the matters of the Ohtar Valaina (OV). I feel we should make a thread in the Government Council forum of TTF, as well as decide if we are going to share this forum with the GC members of HI. I think we need to start gaining the upper hand of our order, so HI doesnt fully control us as was the WC. I think we should be allied, but not under HI.

10. Anamatar IV

Anamatar IV Anabadger

Home Page:
    Uhh I am not in this but I have a question....was the OV ever in or under HI? Yes, its members are from it but I never thought it was in or under it.

And HI didn't overtake the White Council, actually. It was far from that.

What happened was Heren Istarion and the White Council joined together to form the Grand Council: the WC would be the Wizards of Heren Istarion. But promptly two wizards felt they could no longer be wizards and soon after the leader left Middle-earth.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2003
  11. Nenya Evenstar

Nenya Evenstar Registered User

Home Page:
    .... And Elessar continued the WC on until it was made the OV.

I think that OV needs to either completely break ties with HI and become allied as suggested, or step up to the part that Mithrandir tried to keep alive: The White Council. Mithrandir wanted the wizards kept alive while preserving what was the White Council and so the WC and HI joined into one body. The WC was in no way to be under HI but instead to be a vital part in its leadership. Whoever was in the WC was in the GC... so either you guys need to completely redo the formation of the GC or something. :confused:

Sorry for the intrustion.

12. Galdor

Galdor Afraid of waking

As far as I know the OV is a new order, it is not the WC, it is only based on what was once the WC. We are also not under the HI, we are very close allies, and will listen to advice of the GC, but as stated in Elessar's first post "they (the OV) are aligned to none, save to their brotherhood. And their powers serve none, save the Valar from which they were given."

The ties between the OV and the HI are very close, and we will always work together as brothers. But neither does, nor ever will, serve the other.

13. Dáin Ironfoot I

Home Page:
    Well I was under the impression that the OV was a reincarnation of the WC, which became part of HI in its waning days. However I am looking at this now, and I realize that we are indeed allied to none except in times of war, and we serve none. So as to the matter of a thread in the GC council forum--- I think we oughta make it soon; an IC temple, see Ciryaher for a location, etc. I am not sure about this White Council forum, I think we should see if it can be renamed.

Through the passion of flame, endurance of steel, beauty of nature, essence of water, and foresight of wind we are called.

Sounds like a good description ^^^

14. Nenya Evenstar

Nenya Evenstar Registered User

Home Page:
    This all sounds like bad news to me with you guys breaking the ties of one organization. . . I forsee problems which could arise with you using the same characters for HI as you do here. That is why keeping into one body would be beneficial. If you don't, in times of war you will be torn two ways since a lot of you are members of HI.

I'd be very distraught at losing some of our trainers. Might you consider remaining a part of HI? Perhaps as our main counseling force? After all, we are all "good" here. I think we could all benefit from each other in incredibly wonderful ways. Could you take on the role of being an independent organization that still a part of HI in a counseling sense? Our most powerful body in terms of war? What is wrong with being what Mithrandir meant the WC to be? Could we incorporate the "brotherhood" without you breaking away? Just some ideas.

15. Anamatar IV

Anamatar IV Anabadger

Home Page:
    I am still confused....was the HI and OV ever more than a strong alliance?

And I don't think that the OV was meant (I probably am wrong...Elessar correct me if I am) to always stay together in a temple. Elessar, the leader himself, would be torn between Arandor and the OV (well not really since the OV is in Arandor...bad example:p). I thought it would be more like the White Council in the books: coming together in times of need of great counsel.

16. Arathin

Arathin Sic Lucreat Lux

Student
    I believe that you all should just cool it on the posts and let our leader, Elessar speak his piece. We are his conception and are under him, thus I believe it is up to him what shall be done or how to decide what shall be done.

17. Dáin Ironfoot I

Home Page:
    This is true, o flowered one. He has the final say in all this. I am only concerned with by being part of the HI we will be restricted of our full power. Of course, Dain is a HI character, but Nenya my dear, you forget Falim! He was created in order to be used in stead of Dain, I will continue to be involved in both orginizations. But we need Elessar's view...

18. Dáin Ironfoot I

Home Page:
    I will PM Webmaster requesting the name of this section to be changed to Ohtar Valaina from White Council.

Of course, we will still share the forum with the HI GC members, as having a guild space for 5 people is unfair methinks. But also realize, as our power grows, so will our distance from HI grow as is the case with any group closely related to another. As of right now we are not UNDER HI, we are ALLIED really closely, and we have no choice but to pretty much agree with you, as we have a total of five troops.

If any of this is wrong, please correct me. I dont know how or when we will acquire troops, whether it be from Arathin's Mithlond, or Elessar's men of the Hunter... I really do not know if these troops will be used for the OV.

19. Galdor

Galdor Afraid of waking

Ok, here is how I think things should work between the HI and the OV.

I think that for now, and hopfully in the future the HI and the OV should be very close allies. In other words we should constenly take counsel from each other, help each other in need, etc. we are of course two commpletely seperate organizaions(for lack of a better word....:rolleyes: ), but since almost all the people in the OV are also in the HI, I think we should keep ties between the two close. Also I think that those from the HI should make a new characters to play n the OV, or make up a new one for the HI. As it just doesn't work to have a person in the OV who serves none but the Vala they serve, to also serve in the HI. It just can't be.

BTW, I have spoken to Dain and he said that he hasn't sent that PM to WM, and will hold off until Elessar and Anamatar reach a discision on this matter. I personally think that we should both use this section, and maybe call it "The two Councils" or something.

20. Anamatar IV

Anamatar IV Anabadger

Home Page:
    What what WHAT? I need to make more desicions now?;)

Dain, you speak of getting solders. I am probably not the one to explain why but the White Council (from the rps) didn't have soldiers....and Elessar's Hunter's Barbarians are evil....I thought you knew that from fighting them;)

So uh yeah what do we need to decide? Close allies. That seems good. Seperate characters: good too. As far as I know, Galdor, you already have a seperate character.:p

Sure, rename the forum. We're not really the White Council anyways...I think "The Two Councils" sounds good.