🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Orcs have problems

Celeborn

Reaction score
Orcs are so stupid. they hate us yet they are "copies" of us. We have the magical advantage and we are better archers. they cant even get a tan. We whipped there asses in the battles of the ring and the five armies. so who should be hated?

Lillyaundra

the watcher of all things
Reaction score
a deep dark place where no one can find me!
Welcome Celeborn!! Not all orcs are bad, though I can't for the life of me come up with an example, just like not all evles are perfect. You have to try to look at their leaders they follow. Most people are followers or leaders. So if they have a leader that is evil EX Saroman, they do what they are told. That is that. They are simply misunderstood I think, But I don't think that they are even 25% good. I mean do you ever see an orc covered in flowers???????? I think not. They are simply an ary race that do what they are told.

Aroghel

Elven Lord of Light
Reaction score
I personally dislike Orcs and Goblins because they hate almost every one. (well, not really) but they hate Elves just because of one or two Elves. Its kinda like me not liking Pizza because once there was a hair in it :p. So thats all I have to say for now. . .

Chymaera

Doorwarden
Reaction score
If you read the conversations that the Orcs have with each other in TTT and ROTK they don't sound all that different from some people.

All the want to do is gossip and a little raid and pillage to get them thuoght the day.:D

Gnashar_the_orc

Reaction score
HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT THE HORDES LIKE THAT! I'VE SAID IT BEFORE AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, ELVES ARE NOTHING BUT CREATURES WHO ARE ONLY CONCERNED WITH THEMSELVES. EGOISTIC, SELF-CENTERED, ARROGANT, IGNORANT... DO I NEED TO GO ON?

R

ReadWryt

Oh great, it's a sociological Nurture/Nature discussion about the condition of the Orcs in Middle-earth....:rolleyes: Bahahaha!

Celeborn

Reaction score
OK gnashar. try and say we are egotistical. at least we dont murder trees and leave them there to die. The ents did not like you to do that and neither do we. look what they did to you and Isengard. The horde are a bunch of weaklings needing a stone troll and a balrog to defeat one of us, a dwarf, a maia, two men, and four hobbits. Thats pretty pathetic. And the downside is no one was killed by the so called "horde". We aren't egotists or high on ourselves. Me, Beleg, and Legolas are just damn good archers.

Attachments

Ordain

Reaction score
***It's the "Find What's Wrong With That Legolas Picture!" Game!***

A little silly, though important for someone who likes to see realism in films:
The string of the bow is underneath his sleeve... How the heck will he shoot that arrow? ;)

Gnashar_the_orc

Reaction score
Silly people... I cant believe you actually said Celeborn that no one gets killed by the hordes? What are you on about? Throughout the Silmarillion there is constant death because of the orc invasions! I am not even mentioning the War of the Ring!

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
That's right, Ordain! How perceptive :rolleyes:. The arrow would still fly, though, but not as far as it would. And how the hell is he holding that arrow?! You're supposed to use your index- and middle fingers (and usually your nameless finger too), one above and 2 (or 3) above the nock of the arrow! What a dumbass. :D

chrysophalax

Dragon of Note
Reaction score
In my experience, while not very tasty (being a bit tough)they are
much more interesting, they will at least try to put up a fight before
they get eaten. whereas Elves go all noble and end up giving me the
inevitable case of heart-burn.:(

Ordain

Reaction score
Heh, good point Ponti! He's holding it like some pencil :rolleyes:

They should of taught that pretty boy some real skills except for putting on eyeliner ;)

Anarchist

The Eternal Champion
Reaction score
Personally I don't like orcs. But you can't say all orcs are stupid and pathetic. Yes they are evil but they also are very strong and can take a lot without even feeling fear. Think about it. How many elves would have the guts to roam in the place where Shelob roamed? Maybe they aren't as clever as other races but they are not stupid. They can follow battle plans very well and handle war machines. They are indeed merciless and barbaric but some people like those characteristics. And finally you can't talk about elves saying that all of them are kind and brave. Think of Feanor and his sons. They where rather evil and backstabbing and very selfish. I believe most elves are self centered and believe that they are the best that there is but they aren't the best at all. They are just very good in archering, very beautiful and kind and very good in arts. They are brave but not as brave and fearless as orcs. And think that I don't like orcs ;)

Lillyaundra

the watcher of all things
Reaction score
a deep dark place where no one can find me!
That is not saying much for the elven race now is it????? I think that you bring up some good points though. They are about what you say they are. But they are also the oldest race on Middle-Earth. Orcs and Elves are in a way brothers. So I think that if you can get over looks, which I hope you can, They are the same. they have the same ambition in their hearts, same will to be perfect. Same things in feelings, although they do differ their emotions, EX vengense is a big thing in orcs lives.

Thread suggestions