🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Our little Titles

WarriorMay

Tárakaliel of Mirkwood
Reaction score
I was just wondering about what happened to them, I had mine to Warrior of Mirkwood, and I noticed everyone's changed too. So what happned?

R

ReadWryt

Wild Bill....Billereeno...The Billmeister...Changing the Link Names...:p

bunnywhippit

Reaction score
LOL RW! Well done Bill!

So ummm.. with the post counts being back, can we expect the little titles to make a reappearance anytime soon? *puts on her little puppy face* :p

DGoeij

Pan Narran
Reaction score
Yeah, I had a nice celebration coming up with the newly appointed Thain of the Shire. He allowed me to walk around and things, and secured at least two barrels of 1420 for the festivities. And now what?;)

Khamul

Anti-Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Is there a number of posts you have to get to have a title?

Beorn

In the shadows
Staff member
Reaction score
No!

WM disabled the titles, for whatever reason, and left the post count entact.

However, I directly disagree with this because it seems that more people are concerned with posts than people are with titles. The titles were changeable after 30 or 40 posts, and it doesn't take that much time to accumulate that...

The statuses are merely names we give ourselves, while the post count is in some people's minds a direct measure of quality.

DGoeij

Pan Narran
Reaction score
I would like to see the post count gone, at least in single posts, not particulary in profiles. Also the titles like, junior and senior member do not have any value IMHO. The date a member joined is enough I think.
I gues after some time or a number of posts, one would be able to set his or her own title. maybe I missed some nasty conversations concering titles, but I do not see why they would be a problem.

Thread suggestions