🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Pass ye by 'The BridgeKeeper'......

Ancalagon

Quality, not Quantity!
Reaction score
......on past 'Tim The Enchanter' and finally ... "sweet knights if you may doubt your strength or courage come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty pointy teeth!"

Your First Riddle:

I am the beginning of sorrow, and the end of sickness. You cannot express happiness without me, yet I am in the midst of crosses. I am always in risk, yet never in danger. You may find me in the sun, but I am never out of darkness?

Each member has one chance which will allow him to pass by to the next stage of the game. A list of names will be displayed of those who have failed and those who have suceeded. The riddles will become gradually harder as the game progresses and only one person remains. That person will be named the winner.

DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWER IN THE THREAD - SEND ME A PM AND AWAIT MY RESPONSE!!!!!

Last edited:

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
Just have to ask, where did you find those riddles, because I am doing a project and need some good riddles.

R

ReadWryt

What a WAY COOL IDEA for a Thread! *Claps wildly* Woo Hoo!!

Ancalagon

Quality, not Quantity!
Reaction score
Keep those answers coming, remember, 'answer on a PM only'. I will allow 24 more hours before printing the list of those who will be progressing to the next round.

I have my next riddle ready and waiting.....it's an absolute killer!

Last edited:

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Reaction score
Ah, so it's a twenty four hour time limit...Hm, I had better put my thinking cap on! :)

Anc- await my PM!

Ancalagon

Quality, not Quantity!
Reaction score
You now have 12 hours to send me a PM with your answer. I have already received 6 PMs which, with the number of members we have in the forum is a poor response. So get your thinking caps on try yo get me an answer.

Tulidian

Reaction score
This is a good idea. I wish I was smarter though....:) Oh yeah, banging your head on your moniter doesn't help to get the answer, trust me :D

Ancalagon

Quality, not Quantity!
Reaction score
So, here goes. If your name is on the list you can progress to the next round. If not, you can assume you were wrong and have exploded off the bridge and into the chasm;

Greymantle
Readwryt
Talierin
Gothmog
Mike B

If you wish to progress you must still answer the first riddle before progressing. I will not give the answer, that is for you still to work out.

Ancalagon

Quality, not Quantity!
Reaction score
So here goes, round 2 for the clever people;

"There was a green house.
Inside the green house there was a white house
Inside the white house there was a red house.
Inside the red house there were lots of babies."

Good luck

Ancalagon

Quality, not Quantity!
Reaction score
Remember, NO answers on the thread.

Answers in a PM only

Ancalagon

Quality, not Quantity!
Reaction score
Methinks some of those attempting passage across the bridge are still unsure of the next riddle. Come come now my friends, surely you are smarter than this!

Beorn

In the shadows
Staff member
Reaction score
Ahem...what about the next riddle? I've set time aside for it....I'm waiting....

Greymantle

Reaction score
Yes, sorry to rush you, Anc. Forgive us, but we are American teenagers, after all! :)
I know that Mike, Tal, and myself have answered... have ReadWryt and Gothmog not answered yet? I'm dying for the next one.

R

ReadWryt

ReadWryt answered, though he is not holding out for any chance of moving on to the next round. I think I got stumped by this one, and if my answer were to have been correct I will be ultimately suprised...

Ancalagon

Quality, not Quantity!
Reaction score
As have I, I have forgotten who I had sent replies to for the second riddle so I will answer everyone in my tray. Once I have completed this task I will post the next riddle. It will be harder, much harder!

Ancalagon

Quality, not Quantity!
Reaction score
Here goes;

He that holds me, I become;
He who sees me, sees in error;
All the world doth pass through me,
Yet but through me the world doth live.

Still a long way to go to get over this bridge!

Thread suggestions