🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Pippin Awards!

And the winner of the Pippin Award is...

• Istar

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Dûndorer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shadowfax

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Aerin

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Miriel Tavari

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Tarien

• Mrs. Baggins

• amerxtremist

• Total voters

Shadowfax

Wandering Artisianette
Reaction score
the Willamette Valley in Oregon, USA- the mudskipp
Hey, has anyone heard of the Darwin Awards? Well these are the Pippin awards, where you can nominate yourself or others who have done really stupid things, yet somehow manage to survive them!

I nominate myself, because last night I accidentally superglued myself to my cat! (It is a long, sad story);)

Dûndorer

Reaction score
OK, stand back my friends this is my most embaracing moment...

one day i came home from school and called up my friends to see if they wantted to skate but none of them could. so i decided to go downtown and sk8 myself. i was skating for about an hour when i saw this hot chik from a different school sitting on a park bench. i never seen her before. i was skating around her, and finaly i had curage to say "hi" and talk to her. she said that she loved skater guys and wantted to see me skate more. just then 3 more of her friends came (all were girls). so i had to do some real good tricks to impress them. i did some nice nose slides and 50-50 grinds when i though hmmmm im gonna jump over the bench (this was the dumbest mistake of my life!). well, i moved back to get speed then began to go. i was at a perfct speed then i began to jump. in mid air my pants (or shorts i forget what they were) came down luckly not my boxers. but my feet were tangled so i landed on the ground feet first then tripped and slid. while i was sliding my boxers came partly off (yes the front part). i remember quickly pulling up my pants and boxers. after that i noticed my chest was bleeding bad so i picked up my board startted to walking back to my house but i turnned back and asked 'was it big' and they laughed and said 'sure'. i said 'thanks' kept walking. I only saw her one more time at a small grocery store but i hid my face.

and the award goes to me!

Shadowfax

Wandering Artisianette
Reaction score
Cat Story

OK here goes:
I have two cats. I donot belive in de-clawing, so I bought "Soft Paws" , which are plastic claw caps that you glue on. Now, whenever you see something that says "sets instantly" IT IS TRUE! i did not belive this at the time. I grabbed one of my cats, and decided not to ask Mom to help me, as I thought she was asleep. (mistake #1) I then read the directions, but did not heed the aforementioned warning. (mistake#2) As I was filling the nail cap and trying to hold on to my now VERY suspicious cat, I failed to notice that I had gotten some of the glue on my fingers (mistake #3) So, when I grabbed my cat's paw, I soon found that I could not UN-grab it. I then tried to use my other hand to get loose (mis.#4). I now had both hands and one cat stuck together. Then my other cat decided to see what was going on, and jumped into my lap, thereby getting HIS back paw and tail caught in the mess (I really wish I were joking) my mother, as it turned out was not asleep, but taking a bath. So, I sat for a half hour like this, waiting for her to come out. Eventually, both my cats sacrificed some hair (and a good deal of my skin) for freedom. When my mom finally came out, it took another 5 minutes for her to stop laughing and help me get my hands unstuck. btw, the softclaw became attatched to my hand, so I didn't even get to get the @#$%#^ thing on the cat.
And that's why I think I should get the Pippin Award!

Glory

Fearless Lady
Reaction score
*lol* you guys made me laught And I couldn't stop myself for hours. I don't remeber have done something like that but who knows I maybe blocked the memory.

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
Shadowfax...you won the award...I can't stop laughing. That is like the "American Pie II" superglue incident. Too funny!!!! :D

Dundorer...your story was funny...but not as funny as Shadowfax's...I give you runner up though...;)

Turgon

Ghost-King of Gondolin
Reaction score
Heh...heh! That is funny Shadowfax... Superglue is the mischief. If I were to tell you my superglue secrets, I could a tale unfold, whose lightest word would harrow up you're soul...

Shadowfax

Wandering Artisianette
Reaction score
*bows* thankyou all, I have never seen AP2, (I don't really wish to either) but when I told one of my friends, that's what she said too.
(I'd like to thank all the little people...)
Come on, tell us some of yours, there are only friends here, this is a place of healing...
"Hi, my name is Shadowfax."
-"Welcome, Shadowfax!"
"I-I-IM APIPPIN!" *breaks down sobbing"
-(claps and cheers)
:D

Isilme

Princess of Himling
Reaction score
Well I must say that I'm glad Elbereth made the decision and not me!!
But I have to ask, Shadowfax are you going to try the softpaw things onto your cats again?

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Reaction score
The other day, I was chasing my sister through the house, and she dashed into the kitchen. (We just recently moved, so we still have boxes all over the place.) I went right after her, tripped on two boxes stacked on top of each other, and flew into the kitchen. After a moment, I got up from my nose dive and was immediately teased about not seeing the boxes in front of me - even though they were about three feet tall....:rolleyes:

Shadowfax

Wandering Artisianette
Reaction score
Yeah, I know how it is with moving, my step dad just moved in, and I had a book I had to read over spring break, so I had spent the whole day in my room. Well, about midnight I got a little hungry, but I didn't turn on the light so I wouldn't wake them up. Now, normally I could have run through the house with my eyes shut and not have hit a thing. Well, they had moved a bunch of his furniture in, and well... you figure out what happened. (It involved a loveseat, the vacuum hose, treadmill, and a stuffed Dalles Sheep head)

EverEve

Back from a long hiatus
Reaction score
LMAO!!! *grabs her side, gasping for breath* You guys are worse than me!!! I randomly fall after I say stuff about people being clumsy, but thats nothing compared to you guys! *round of applause!*

Istar

Out like a light
Reaction score
Wow, you all are pretty clumsy!
Once, when I was at my friend's house, I wanted to close a door really fast so his dog wouldn't jump on me. So, as soon as I saw the dog run around the corner, I closed the door and forgot to pull my head inside! I slammed the door closed on my own head!

Thread suggestions