🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Post Size Limit?

Halasían

Dunedain Ranger
Reaction score
I'm curious if the 10,000 word/character limit has been lifted? At times I and Elora want to post some large stories there but are required to break them up into posts not exceeding either 10,000 characters or 10,000 words. Not sure which. Is this still a necessary limitation? Could it be lifted in the Glittering Caves forum at the very least?

Halasían

Dunedain Ranger
Reaction score
Good idea.
Yeah, it has been a bit inconvenient in the past. Being this is the only one of the many old forums we frequented that has any sort of life to it, it would be nice to be able to share our stories and fanfics without having to work through finding good story breaks just to fit a post limit.

Erestor Arcamen

Archivist
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree that if the post limit could be increased for at least story threads, fhard be great. @mazzly would be the one who could possibly look for us.

mazzly

Forum Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Increased the character limit to 50k now 😊 if we need longer we could increase it more, or maybe consider adding it into the wiki under some special "story"-tag

Halasían

Dunedain Ranger
Reaction score
Increased the character limit to 50k now 😊 if we need longer we could increase it more, or maybe consider adding it into the wiki under some special "story"-tag
Thanks mate! I t will make it a lot easier to share out tales. Usually they ran in the 15k-25k range. Hopefully i'll get busy with moving our stories along soon.

Olorgando

Reaction score
Fhard has entered into the TTF lexicon. Erestor Arcamen, you are archivist, and you are responsible.
My acronym detectors (think Geiger counter for radioactivity - pretty close, if you think about it) are giving off signals.
But I have so far failed to come up with a plausible longhand.
Anybody? 🤔

Thread suggestions