🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Question concerning Arwen & Eowyn - Warning, Major Sidetrack Inside!

Luna

A New Moon
Reaction score
Question concerning Arwen & Eowyn

Perhaps it is too soon for me to be asking, as I am not yet to the middle of The Two Towers...but being new to the tale I couldn't resist asking the question--is Arwen in the story at all? I know she is supposed to be in the movie but she wasn't at all in "Fellowship" (a purely Jackson-related addition) and I have heard it is Eowyn who does some fighting? I know I'm jumping ahead of myself here, but I had to ask. Hope my questions aren't too silly! And who is it really that Aragorn cares for? Quoting:"Thus Aragorn for the first time in the full light of day beheld Eowyn, lady of Rohan, and thought her fair, fair and cold, like a morning of pale spring that is not yet come to womanhood." Hmmm? I know, I know, just read the dang book! But I had to ask.

Talierin

Still here... sometimes
Reaction score
Trust me, reading the book will be the best answer you can have to this question.
So if anyone spoils this for Luna, I will kill them myself!

Actually, Arwen is in FOTR, in Rivendell. Tolkien describes her sitting next to her father, Elrond, without any cuts, bruises, or swords.....:rolleyes:

Luna

A New Moon
Reaction score
Ok yes, I do remember a brief bit of Arwen in Fellowship. And you are right Talierin (hope I spelled that right) Luna needs to read for herself! hehe..thanks for not letting me spoil it for myself...

R

ReadWryt

BAH! No need to spoil it for yourself, let me do it for you....they all DIE in the end! (That should ruin just about ANY story, if used properly...):D

Walter

Flamekeeper
Reaction score
Originally posted by ReadWryt
BAH! No need to spoil it for yourself, let me do it for you....they all DIE in the end!
ummm RW - now did they? ;)

Tyaronumen

Agent of the West
Reaction score
Re: Actually

Originally posted by JanitorofAngmar
The truth of the matter is that at the end of the book you find out that Sauron is really Frodo's father!

"Help me Gandalf the Grey...you're my only hope!"

:D :D :D ;) :D :D :D
Yeah, but you left out the best scene in the movie -- where Frodo melts down the ring at Mt. Doom and uses it in creating a metal prothesis for himself which he uses to join his father and rule the galaxy! :D

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
And Aragorn is a hired ranger who fights bad guys, and ends up cuddling Frodo's sister! :D
And Gollum is really the ever-comical old dingbat who lives in the middle of a swamp and speaks in riddles.
"The preciouss I want, and the White Face I curse." :)

Merry

Has chubby cheeks
Reaction score
The tower Orthanc is destroyed by Frodo and Sam sitting on a X_wing Nazgul bird and by spitting into a weak point of the building.

Merry

Has chubby cheeks
Reaction score
I never thought that my 100th post would have been such a dumb one, what a way to achieve seniorship!

:(

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
Heehee

That's all right, I think my 100th post consisted of the letters 'lol' and a smiley! :D
But seriously, these threads wouldn't be that much fun if we stuck to the subject all the time! There has to be some chaos to lighten the mood.

"Out of chaos comes order"
Nietzche, that old windbag.

:D

tookish-girl

Pippin's stranger sister
Reaction score
I can't even remember what I am I've put so many sturid titles for myself on and I barely look at my post count.

You know, Ponti, it's weird, I always thought Nietzche was an old windbag too, just because his name sounds like somone sneezing.

"Nietzche!"
"Bless you!"

Talierin

Still here... sometimes
Reaction score
Ah yes, then there's the infamous scene where the great Oliphant AT-AT goes "Tarontogosh!" and rampages through Ithilien, only to be stopped by the lone Knight Faramir with a single exploding arrow!

Thread suggestions