🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Request for my Bio

ScottE

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Scott Halford (aka Scott H). I am a 61 year old Tolkien enthusiast; however, I am a late bloomer. The 1st exposure I got concerning Tolkien’s works was in 2000 when I was at a theatre and during the previews of upcoming movies, they showed a trailer of this about to be released movie called “The Lord of the Rings” / “The Fellowship of the Ring”. Even though I had heard of “The Hobbit”, I had never read it nor was I required to in 9th grade. (I went to a STEM School before they were called STEM Schools - they were called Catholic High Schools and it was never part of their curriculum or reading assignments). With that said, I certainly had never heard of or read The Lord of the Rings. I also, did not like to read.
However, all that changed in 2001, when I saw The Fellowship of the Ring. I not only went out immediately, and bought and have read, The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. I also have, Unfinished Tales, The Silmarillion and every Tolkien related “companion compositions” I could get my hands on.
I have purchased and watch all of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings movies (all Extended Editions) multiple times a month (my Wife thinks I am a LOTR Nut Case, which I probably am).
However, my real joy and enthusiasm comes from the written pages. I read The Hobbit annually and the The Lord of the Rings, multiple times a year. I discover something new and interesting with each read, which brings me now to your Podcast.
I discovered your Podcast (U-P) about a week ago and I am so intrigued how you guys dissect each chapter (I follow along with my soft cover book with pencil and highlighter) (my Hardback copy is a masterpiece and the centerpiece of my library). I closing, my Wife is right, I am a Hobbit and LOTR Nut Case!

Erestor Arcamen

Archivist
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, it's never too late to call in love with Tolkien's works! We actually don't have a podcast so that may be something that's created by another Tolkien fan site but TTF is one of the more active (and I hear well moderated 😉) sites out there. We have a ton of posts that are active, inactive and archived regarding the life. If you find something in the archives feel free to PM me and I'll resurrect it to continue the discussion. Thanks again for joining us!

ScottE

Reaction score
I now understand. I joined your forum and the “Unexpected Podcast (U . P) at the same time this week, thinking they were related; however, I am still pleased to know, that I now have two venues (this forum and the U.P podcast I also joined to absorb and discuss more Tolkien, LOTR and Hobbit valuable information). Thank you for accepting me into your forum. As you can tell from my Bio post, I seek as much Tolkien, LOTR and Hobbit information as I can get. I have been living in the books and films only for over 20 years and I am now just starting to see that there are many other Tolkien & LOTR Fans and venues available to me out there with like people wanting to learn more and further discuss the magnificent World that Tolkien created. Many Thanks!

Squint-eyed Southerner

Pawing through the trash behind the Pony
Reaction score
Welcome, ScottE! If you have questions about anything Tolkien-related, we have some knowledgeable members here -- sooner or later, they'll be answered. And feel free to share your own thoughts.

Oh, yes -- this forum is very well moderated! :D

Thread suggestions