🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Round 10 The Guild of Scholars vs. The Guild of Outcasts

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
It is a great honour for me to open the thread for the debate between the Guild of Scholars and the Guild of Outcasts.
I hope that we all will be part of an interesting debate.
I would like to ask both teams to post their teams.I will post the topic when Round 9 is finished and I have the names of the debators from both Guilds.
GOOD LUCK!!

Confusticated

Reaction score
Well no Outcasts have signed up for this debate. If it's okay with everyone I'll debate alone... I truly don't mind doing so.

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
I know you don't mind debating alone,but I would like to say that you are among the greatest members of TTF ever!!!I mean it is something unique to debate alone every time!Good luck.
Please let me know if somebody from your Guild wants to participate.
I would like also to have the list of debators of GoS.

I am eager to tell you the topic,because it is something very interesting,trust me!!!;)

Inderjit S

Bootylicious
Reaction score
hehe..to spare you from the wrath of that might Vala, I really want to go up against Nom, and baragund wants to debate, so can it be 2-1 or can someone join Nom or does it have to be 1-1?

Confusticated

Reaction score
It doesn't have to be 1 vs 1...

You and Baragund... looking forward to it. :)

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Nom is agree to debate against you guys,so I suppose I can post the topic now.
This is going to be a very small debate 2vs.1,but these three debators are probably the best ones!!!!
Here is the topic:

Nogrod and Belegost: two of the greatest Mansions of the Naugrim in the History of Middle-Earth. However, which of these great citadels left the greatest legacy through the ages following their destruction after the reshaping of Beleriand?

The topic is unusual and I would say that it's very interesting!!
Good Luck!!!
You will have exactly 7 days after the first post.
Once again Good Luck!!

Confusticated

Reaction score
Dwarves?! BLAST!

;)

Thank you Gil-Galad, but I have a question right up front. Is the word greatest up for debate here, or do you have a specific definition in mind... for example great = good... rather than great = big?

Ancalagon

Quality, not Quantity!
Reaction score
If I might be so bold as to interject, notwithstanding the fact this is of course your thread and ultimately your call Gil-galad, but as you will note in my PM to you I had suggessted re-wording the question. For the benefit of the participants, I actually sent the updated version before realising Gil-galad had posted the original!

The question I would have preferred to set is; Nogrod and Belegost were two of the most renowned Mansions of the Naugrim throughout the History of Middle-Earth. Which of these long-departed citadels rendered the most enduring legacy through the ages following their destruction, after the reshaping of Beleriand?
My apologies once again for interjecting in this thread, but I thought it important to make this point before the start of the debate.

Aulë

The Larrikin
Reaction score
Ummm...Inder- perhaps you might want to look in your Guild's debating thread. Quite a few other Scholars have volunteered...

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
I believe that Anc's new version of the topic is better than the previous one,so if the Guilds do not have anything in mind(if they have I will not change the topic ;) :p )they can start the long-expecting debate.

baragund

Brother in Arms
Reaction score
Yes, Elfarmari indicated she would like to get in on the last hurrah of the tournament. Nom, are you OK going against three, especially when the subject deals with the uncouth race of the stunted people?:) Would you like to take some time to recruit a couple of teammates?

Confusticated

Reaction score
I'm okay with it... and there is no telling how long it would be until another could join.

Thread suggestions