🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

RP 19: Voyage to the Uttermost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morwen

Daughter of the Dark
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Location
In the spirit of the Canyonlands
Voyage to the Uttermost RP# 19

In the clear, crisp air of the morning, Morwen steps out from her shadow and steadily gazes at the scene in front of her. The tall, strong, masts of many far going vessels reach out and great her. The white, billowing, clouds of the sails swaying gently in the mid-morning breeze. She darts from shadow to shadow as she makes her way to the specified meeting place. She makes her way to an old, shabby, cabin at the end of the small town. Once inside she lights a candle and unfurls a map. She silently speaks the words of her assignment: "You are commanded to sail to the uttermost west and explore all dimensons of its place. If you fail to reach it, then continue your voyage and explore all surrounding waters and possible lands. You know what it is we search of, and you will not fail, but if any should get in the way or learn of your purpose, then what is to be done is up to you. Fare you well." She sits and silently stares at the map. "Now all I need is a crew."
 

Talierin

Still here... sometimes
Joined
Aug 18, 2001
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
2
Location
Denver, Colorado
*A short figure swaggers up to Morwen. The woman is dressed in a red and white striped shirt, blue pants with ragged edges, and wears a patch on one eye. "Aye mate, I hear ye need some crew. Well aye, here me be!"*
 

Eomer Dinmention

The Asian Lord
Joined
Oct 25, 2001
Messages
862
Reaction score
0
*A man of strong build follows Tal to Morwen

"Ya i hear you need yourself a crew ya well here i am Eomer s my name sailing the seven seas is my game, I'm a friends of Tal"
 

Morwen

Daughter of the Dark
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Location
In the spirit of the Canyonlands
"Very well, but a crew so small cannot guide a single ship, much less three. It was planned, by who I will not mention, that three ships are to undertake this journey. All those who are willing, and have some understanding of the vessals we will travel in, are welcome to join. This journey will be filled with perils unimaginable, terrors the dark ones would cringe at, and the wrath of the angry sea. It will not be easy. But enough of that." says Morwen bringing out a large keg of Balrog. "There is still time before the ships set sail." ;)
 

Aredhel

Governor of Imladris
Joined
Dec 11, 2001
Messages
531
Reaction score
0
Location
Rivendell
An elvish woman dressed in silver appraoches," Ahhhh....the Sea. Beware the Sea, or so Galadriel said so long ago to Legolas. I was there at the moment." Turns her attention to Morwen,"If you need a crew, you can let me come. I know how to cook a good meal
 

Wizdom

Ranger of the Brotherhood
Joined
Dec 17, 2001
Messages
267
Reaction score
0
Location
NORTH CAROLINA
A tall dark ranger walks in. "Well, i'm the best navigater you'll find..." he said smiling.
 

Morwen

Daughter of the Dark
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Location
In the spirit of the Canyonlands
Morwen bows low to her new guests. "I am glad to have more join, but alas, tis not enough. I am truly happy to have you all aboard *looks sharply at Tal* even with all your oddities." Morwen walks over to a window and looks out over the land. "tis not enough" she silently speaks.
 

Morwen

Daughter of the Dark
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Location
In the spirit of the Canyonlands
" We must wait till we have a crew capable of handling a vessel so large. I fear we will not be able to take three ships, as planned. If I must I will set a date," she replies to Aredhel.
 

Galan`Black

Registered User
Joined
Jan 7, 2002
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
The Land of Rohan
"Alas, Let a Wizard of the Blue of whom can control the water of what we shall sail. I can control all form which is liquid. I shall guide your crew through the sea without any trouble."
 

Morwen

Daughter of the Dark
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Location
In the spirit of the Canyonlands
"Alright everybody," says Morwen in a clear voice. "It's time we set out, we can't wait for much longer. If others wish to come they must board their own vessels and give chase. But for us, we have an adventure to see to its end." With that she bursts through the door and heads for the docks.
 

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Joined
Sep 27, 2001
Messages
691
Reaction score
1
Location
Littleton, Colorado
*A tall figure, clothed in loose, flowing garments, walks up. Glaring at Galan for saying what a powerful wizard he was, she addresses Morwen.*

"Good lady Morwen, might I join you on your quest? I am the head Blue Wizard *once again glaring at Galan* and I wish to aid you on this adventure you shall set out upon. Please let me join this band of seafarers."

*Aerin's horse walks up and waits patiently beside her.*

"Will our journeys take us over land? I must know, so I will be able to stable Tsornin if the need arise."
 

Galan`Black

Registered User
Joined
Jan 7, 2002
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
The Land of Rohan
"In what intent are you staring at me for Aerin? I haven't made you angry have I? Did my words disturb you? Because I didn't mean to say I was much more powerful than you."
*Grabs his staff and walks out to the docks.*
 

Morwen

Daughter of the Dark
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Location
In the spirit of the Canyonlands
"My greetings to you Aerin, it is wonderful to have you aboard!" And yes, we are planning on stoping at land, that is if we can find some. :D Our travels will take us many places, on land and sea, and there will be new cultures to find and new creatures to discover. It's all very exciting, so let's go!" calls Morwen steping onto the landing platform.
 

Morwen

Daughter of the Dark
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Location
In the spirit of the Canyonlands
The sea was calm in thoughtful slumber, and the waves laped lazily against the side of the ship. *Morwen steps out of her cabin and saunters to the bow of the ship.* "Where to are you taking us, mighty sea of Ulmo? Is it not fair that we should know, even if our purpose seems weak. But it is not, I am sure" says Morwen sighing. "What lands have you cast your trembling waves upon. What new people have you seen, or creatures gleemed?" Oh my, Morwen, your reverting to your poetic self again, shutup." The ship contiunues to moan and send its protest to the sky. In the distance, unbeknowest to Morwen, a sleek shadow of great might aproaches the ship. Slicing through the water it reaches the starboard side. *thump* Morwen turns from her thoughts. *thump* *crack* The jolt nocks Morwen from her feet and sends her flying to the other side of the ship. The hurredly gets up and calls for the others while readying her bow.
 

Beorn

In the shadows
Staff member
Joined
Aug 18, 2001
Messages
1,655
Reaction score
3
Location
Houston, TX
When the crewmates get a look overboard, they see a giant monster in the sea. Morwen shoots an arrow at it, and hits its eye.

They realize this is a Great, GIANT, MIKE!!!!!

Now, Mike, the one eyed monster continues to attack their boat...
 

Morwen

Daughter of the Dark
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Location
In the spirit of the Canyonlands
Morwen swings her legs over the rail and lands roughly on the Giant Mike. With her bow in hand, she makes her way unsteadily towards the monsters head. When she reaches its hideous head, she bursts out laughing. "Oh hideous Mike, get you gone, your face is too ugly to show it above the surface!" With that Morwen climbes back over the side and shoots a farewell shot at Mike.
 

Talierin

Still here... sometimes
Joined
Aug 18, 2001
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
2
Location
Denver, Colorado
*Before he does, fearless and brave Tal swings over the side of the boat and konks him out with one of the great boat oars. He sinks to the depths of the ocean.*
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread suggestions

Top