🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

RP 20: Romen Anargond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Joined
Aug 18, 2001
Messages
2,207
Reaction score
2
Location
Baltimore, MD, United States
RP#20: Romen Anargond

The dazed people found themselves lying on a beach, some of them with water lapping against their feet. Ciryaher was standing, looking quite dazed. "I have overexerted myself. Let us rest here for a while, for the weakness you feel is a result of having your...pieces...rearranged," he said smiling.

Ciryaher helped Kementari to her feet, and walked over to a cluster of trees and vegetation to rest.
 

Mithrandir

Mithers the Grand Wizard
Joined
Oct 29, 2001
Messages
471
Reaction score
1
Location
The White Council;Rohan
Mithrandir picks up his staff and goes over to Talerin, "get up Tal. we are here", he then goes over w/ tal to where Ciryaher and Kementari are,"Let us rest. Dope i forgot my bow and quiver from Mike B.", Mithrandir closes his eyes there is a flash and poof the bow and quiver appear in front of him,"There we go now I am ready to go"He then pulls out his sword and starts polishing it.
 

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Joined
Aug 19, 2001
Messages
580
Reaction score
0
Location
NJ
Even as the travelers traversed ME Dengen is deep in the dungeons of Barad-Gostannen.
"You foul swin! Whois your master, who commited this action!"
"Nay my lord, you are my master."
"Do not bring cursesto my name! rabble, fool, you should be burned where you stand! I tell you anew, who is he, where does this one abide!"
"In the Eastern Sea, In the Northern reaches of it!"

Within the rise and set of a moon Dengen is deepwithin his holdings in the east, and finally reaches the arrea he ahd desired to locate.

Mithrandr sheilds his eyes against the blazing sun. Suddenly tal cries out.
"A ship, with the emblem of the lord of the East!"
Indeed it was, great from prow to stern it seemed, mighty and glorious. it approache with haste. A messenger with blue eyes and tanned skin hoped into the water and approached them, the waves lapping against him armour clad legs.
"Hail travelers! My lord sent us to bring you supplies, as well as transport if you so will, to our nearest port."
Ciryaher stood and spoke, "Why is it that your Lord did not great us himself, and sent by an envoy? And though you display his banner under light, is it what you still hold under moon?"
"You suspect me of much Lord Ciryaher of Arnor, yet I am not an evil come to plague you all, nor to bring ruin to your quest in peril. I come to aid."
"I hope so, for your own safety, for we are a group of very powerful individuals, great in strengh and greater in knowledge. We shall hold council as to what we shall do. Yet who is your lord, for I am familiar with this banner and it is that of Dengen-Goroth."
"Yes, indeed you are correct. My lord is the governor of the eastern holdings and reports to Goroth. He has been told of your plight, yet we know not of where the Great Lord lies. Some say he was seen not long ago in the northeast of here. Yet a very strange occurance was to be seen by many and heard by more. ot more then two to one night ago there was a great storm to the north. It was racked with great explosions, or so we heard, and even more by horrible waves. We fear Ulmo has brought fort despair upon our heads for the light." he looked with fear at the sky.
 

Mithrandir

Mithers the Grand Wizard
Joined
Oct 29, 2001
Messages
471
Reaction score
1
Location
The White Council;Rohan
***Note***
What I am about to post happened to me before the boat came.......


Mithrandir sat w/ his friends regaining his strength, faster than most thanks to his exceptional power. Something struck him, this journey, it's importance, and the power of those that stood around him. "None have them have ever seen my true form, no one on earth has. If I am to convert to this form I will never be able to go back to my old man form. But ths form is holding so much of my power back, and other things as well. I have come to a decision."
Mithrandir stands up and addresses all those present.
"I have been thinking my friends, and have made a decision. All the time you have known me I have taken the guise of a weak old man clad in white. Little did you know that this form actually held back much of my power. I have taken into consideration this journey and it's importance. I will now go to my true form, once I have none will ever see me in the form I have taken for so long. Goodbye my friends, I come back as the true Mithers.(Don't worry my personality wil not change @ all :D)

Mithrandir vanishes and reappears about a hundred feet away from the group, he starts shining a bright light, and eventually all that can be seen is a giant plasma ball. In a second the ball explodes and there is Mithrnadir standing in a giant crevace.

The other members of the fellowship look at him in amazement he is completely changed. before them stands a new and mysterious figure. He is a tall elven like being. He has sharp elven ears,grey hair, and the height of a man. He is clad in white, even the breastplate aromor he wears is white, w/ a white cloak that has a red interior. On the back is the emblem of the white council in silver. Attached to his mithril belt is his majical sword given to him by none other than King Eomer of Rohan,and his Mithril bow. Slung across his back is his Mithril quiver given to him by Mike B. for his Birhtday.
His eyes seem to have a glow to them as he approaches the company, he takes a deep breath,"Now I am @ my fullest, in this form I am able to realease my full power if I choose, and I will never be clad as an old man again. I am ready for anything now. My archery skills, and sword skills have now been perfected, but there are no words to express the power my majic now has, I hope this will aid the company a lot." Once he is finished saying this the ship arrives.
 
Last edited:

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Joined
Sep 27, 2001
Messages
691
Reaction score
1
Location
Littleton, Colorado
*Slaps herself for posting in the wrong thread.*

*Aerin walks over to her horse, and an instant later, she is in the saddle. Riding Tsornin over to the edge of the sea, she calls out*

"Hail Lord of the East. Have you news of our common foe?"

*Tsornin prances uneasily at the sight of the large ship. After living in the desert for all his life, the sight of a ship is likely to unnerve the horse! :D
Aerin looks curiously at Mithers*

"You've changed a bit. I don't know wheter I liked the old or the new you." :D

*Aerin grins impishly.*
 

Valar

King of Gondor
Joined
Jan 1, 2002
Messages
350
Reaction score
0
Location
Gondor
*Valar gets up, head spinning*

"So here we are"

*Goes to sit with the rest, and takes out his dagger to clean":D
 

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Joined
Aug 19, 2001
Messages
580
Reaction score
0
Location
NJ
The messenger stood beholding the travelers as they began to converse, council over what way to travel, and what to do with the great boat before them. The messenger, hearing ill of his ame, walks towards them, even as Mithrandir stands.
"We have been long in thought, and time is indeed ebbing into oblivion. So tell us your pligh, your tale. How did you learn of this news, and why did you arrive to us?" The others nodded in solemn agreement.
"As I spoke earlier, the governor of the East learned quickly to be on watch for traverlers from the west, by command of Goroth, a you call him in the west. So indeed we did, and so a very peculiar sight with the storm. Some dark powers were at work, and we knew that full well." He stopped to point to the North.
"There indeed was great tumult, and the waves roared in fury. my brother was, by theory, to have just been leavng the area to go southwards when this occured. Also a streak of light was seen over the skies. Some said the Final Battle was upon us, and the Great Star had fallen. Quickly my lord sent me southward, on this great ship. yet an unearthly silence prevails now, over the seas, as if upon the brink of doom. I feel as but a grain of salt beneath the mighty boots of Behemoths."
"So that is all. Tell us now, do you posses any form of knowledge of the occurence to the north?" Spoke Tal.
"Nay, naught save great dread was born on the crests of the waves. Many are said to have been lost there."
"Indeed sorrowful news, very well nw we must reach our verdict, as to go by foot, or by wave. Our plight is dire, and the fate of the World lays upon this, so tell one more parcel of truth. Where shall we go if we venture onboard your galley?"
"You shall quickly be brought to my Lord's City, beautiful beyond compare. I shall reveal this of it. Goroth spoke with the ithryn Luin when they passed through here, and with their aid we embarked upon the construction of a great city. They, as well as Goroth, knew well that the west could not hold peace for long, and such a jem could only be built on the coast of the East. it is said to be man's replica of Gondolin, beautiful, glorious, and shimmering. it runs around a great mountain, and it's glorius center is within the center of the Mountain, which was hollowed out. Your eyes shall tear at this site, beautful as the rising sun. There the Pillars of the West and East glimmer with gold and jems from all of this Middle Earth. And on the summit of the great mountain lies the Hall of Peace. There rules of the Governor. beautiful being compare-"
"Yet shall fall to ruin if our quest fails." Interrupted Mithrandir, What is the name of thiscity, for I have heard somewhat of it in tales."
"Dunwain it is called. At least in my land it is, I do not know the true name, for the true name of the City is known by very few and far between. I await your decision my friends."
 

Talierin

Still here... sometimes
Joined
Aug 18, 2001
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
2
Location
Denver, Colorado
*Tal drags her very wet self out of the ocean, and stands before Cir, who is laughing at her. "You just had to practically fling us in the ocean, didn't you! I'll get you later!" She sighs and sits down to wring out her clothes and stuff as best as possible.*
 

Mithrandir

Mithers the Grand Wizard
Joined
Oct 29, 2001
Messages
471
Reaction score
1
Location
The White Council;Rohan
"Indeed, this traveloer seems to make much sense. I cast my vote to go by boat, I long to see this city, and I feel no danger from the messenger. If he is a fake surely he and his crew would never mach up tot the powers present in this company. I dougbt they could even take one of us. I suggest we take the ride offered to us."
Mithrandir waits for the rest of the group to cast their vote.
 

Arathin

Sic Lucreat Lux
Joined
Jan 3, 2002
Messages
1,603
Reaction score
0
Location
Practicing Wicca Honorably
All this time Arathin had been under a tree sharpening her sword. "Well," she finally speaks up. "If Mithrandir has revealed his true strength, then so shall I. For behold," she throws off her stained cloak, "I am the half-sister of King Aragorn and the half-sister of Glorfindel, High Elven Born." All are amazed as they stare at her, for she seems to have grown in majesty and now seems like an Elven-queen from one of the Ages past and long forgot. Her sword flares in her hand, and her mithril armor gleams hard and cold in the dying light of the Sun.
 

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Joined
Aug 18, 2001
Messages
2,207
Reaction score
2
Location
Baltimore, MD, United States
Ciryaher chuckled softly at the soaked Talierin, and said, "My apologies. It is difficult to travel thus with great precision."

Turning to Mithrandir and the herald he spoke, "I suppose the Sea is the fastest way of traveling, but I shall not enjoy it. How far is this great city of which you speak from here? We must not stray to far from the Belt of the Earth, lest my power to keep the Sun afloat wane."
 

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Joined
Sep 27, 2001
Messages
691
Reaction score
1
Location
Littleton, Colorado
*Aerin has convulsions of laughter at seeing the dripping Talierin making her ungraceful exit from the cold clutches of the sea. When Tal turns to look at her, she quickly subsides.*

"I care not by which way we travel, as long as we arrive in time to defeat this enemy. Whichever way is the quickest, I am prepared to take."

*Turning to the captain of the large vessel, Aerin asks:*

"Is there room aboard for my horse? He needs only a stall, food, and water. If I may be so allowed, I can exercise him on deck."

*Once again looking at Talierin, Aerin snickers softly.*
 

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Joined
Aug 19, 2001
Messages
580
Reaction score
0
Location
NJ
The messenger stands attent as the members deliver ther verdict. He addresses them anew:
"Dunwain is some ten leagues from here. On this ship it shall be a quick journey, for I set out late in the night yestereve. There perhaps aid may be given with holding the sun till you reach the gates. It is a center of Lore as well. I know many of you believe us of the East to be simple and barbaric, from the wars with the Dark Enemy many years ago. Though some have caused you chaos, us who remain far in the east have not. There we have ammased great scrolls, some from Numenor herself. Though how they were attained I do not know myself."
Turning to Arathin he speaks, "I am humbel to be in the midst of such a lady, and yet it seems now that the value of mithril has fallen, for all wear, and it is to be seen everywhere in the West." Then to Aerin, "Indeed there is, we have some horses of our own berthed below, but one stall with spacious room and the finest of food and water may be arranged with due ease. Now come, there are wild and dangerous creatures afoot here, you have chosen a very dark area to find yourselves. Unto the boat my friends!"
At this a great ramp was thrown down by two broad-shouldered men gleaming in their armour. The masts, which had been rolled as soon as the ship had dropped anchor, was now being raised again.
 

Valar

King of Gondor
Joined
Jan 1, 2002
Messages
350
Reaction score
0
Location
Gondor
*Valar stands up with a gleam in his eyes*

"I am indeed humbled, and in awe of the revealed majesty of my companions, being but a mere ranger (and a silver wizard:D )
Still if all is well shall we not depart, for time is short."
 

Kementari

Lady Writer
Joined
Aug 20, 2001
Messages
592
Reaction score
3
Location
Nova Scotia
**
*Lol at Tal and Mithers :D
Kementari was overjoyed to see the sea agian. She rushed onboard and ran to the prow of the ship, leaning far over and letting her hair blow loose in the wind. She was a bit suspicious of these messengers and (with some difficulty) kept herself quit but watchful.
"I sure hope Cir doesn't get sea sick--
Ship king...indeed :)"
**
 

Mithrandir

Mithers the Grand Wizard
Joined
Oct 29, 2001
Messages
471
Reaction score
1
Location
The White Council;Rohan
Mithrandir slowly walks aboard the ship. He waits for Tal. and Aerin to come aboard so he can talk to them(just as long as Tal. doesn't hit him w/ a stick:p) "Shall we not begin Ciryaher?"
 

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Joined
Sep 27, 2001
Messages
691
Reaction score
1
Location
Littleton, Colorado
*Aerin lays her hand on the nose of Tsornin, and he willingly follows behind her up the gangplank onto the deck of the ship. After stabling belowdecks, she returns to the main deck and starts up a conversation with Mithers on subject of trumpet playing. :D *

"If anyone is to become seasick, I do not know if my powers over the water and weather will be of any avail. I just hope nobody feels queasy!"
 

Valar

King of Gondor
Joined
Jan 1, 2002
Messages
350
Reaction score
0
Location
Gondor
Valar walks on last, seeing as no-one wants to waits for HIM!:(

"I wonder if i do get sea sick?":p
 

Valar

King of Gondor
Joined
Jan 1, 2002
Messages
350
Reaction score
0
Location
Gondor
" The sky is darkening and a sense a quite before the storm, let us make haste, for time is short"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread suggestions

Top