🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

RP 33: The Mithril Stone

UngattTrunn475

O Fierce Wildcat
Reaction score
RPG #33: The Mithril Stone

Verëdanor was a very young elf. He had just turned 134, and had a very jolly life. He was born in Rivendell, and had never been 5 miles away from his birthplace. Places like Lóthlórien were just legends in his mind.

It all happened very quickly. He was sharpening his arrows on the balcony when Serdon, his freind, came running with a look of horror on his face. "Verëdanor! Come quick!"

"What is it, Serdon?" he replied, but he had skitted away. Verëdanor followed him, and Serdon led him to his fathers room. His father was in his bed, very stiff. He wasn't moving

"What has happened to him?" asked Verëdanor. His father had been in perfect health just a few hours ago.

"He appears to be paralyzed" said one of the elfs looking at him. "We found this dart in his back that was probably filled with poison."

"Will he be all right? Please tell me, will he be alright?" Verëdanor said, very scared for him.

"We will try to find an antidote for him, but untill then..." his voice trailed off. "I'll go get help. Everyone better get out of this room. Verëdanor, you can stay". And he left with everyone else.

Verëdanor stared at him. His fathers eyes were open, but weren't alive. He started pacing around the room, when his eyes spotted a letter on the desk in the room.

He went over to it, and began to read it. It was written in Common Language, yet it was in his fathers handwriting. He must've been in a hurry to write this. It said:

Verëdanor

I shouldn't have waited. They are coming for it. Go to Heridór. They are in the windo--

And there were strange markings after 'windo'. He was flabberghasted, and wondering what to do next. He wondered why his father would suggest he go see Heridór. He was a very solitary being, and hardly would talk to anyone. And that last sentence, he couldn't get. Who was in the windo? What was a windo?

He thought for a second, and wondered. After awhile, he got it. He must've been shot with the dart by someone in the window. He sat in a chair, and wondered...

HLGStrider

All Knowing Magic Cat
Reaction score
meanwhile in a small village some miles from there, a lone healer by the name of Elgee i Nanar was quietly working on various medicines. Several of her people had been killed by a mysterious paralyzing poison while hunting near the borders of Rivendale.
"Such things don't often come from elves," she frowned, as she tried to find an antidote. "Why are they suddenly turning on my friends?" Elgee saddled up her cats, took her medicines, and started towards Lorien, hoping to discover the truth.

Glory

Fearless Lady
Reaction score
*far away from there Glory has been hited by one poisoned dart* ouch what the..! *she takes the dart out and smells it* well the only thing that I can tell is that this poison has been made to kill elves *laughts* silly person who throw this at me I am a human.

HLGStrider

All Knowing Magic Cat
Reaction score
Elgee was traveling near by and happened to over hear this.
"It must be a different poison than that used on my people then because my people are human," she sighed. "Come, let us journey together."

UngattTrunn475

O Fierce Wildcat
Reaction score
Suddenly, out of the bushes, comes a dark figure. Glory, too surprised to attack, is robbed from the road. Glory takes out her gleaming sword Erandoil, and is prepared to strike..

Verëdanor went down the hallways of Rivendell. He knocked on the bedroom of Heridór's Room. Almost instantly, a loud growling voice boomed from the closed door, "Go away!".

"Please, Heridór, let me in!" Verëdanor pleaded.

"No!"

"Heridór, this is a matter of great importance. My father..."

"Your father is a nitwit."

Despite the rude remark, Verëdanor continued. "My father has been shot with a poison arrow, and his note talks about a thing, he doesn't mention what though."

There was a silence. Then the door slowly opened. "Come in" Heridór said in a quieter voice. Verëdanor entered the room.

Aredhel

Governor of Imladris
Reaction score
She walks down the hallway, and just sees an elf walk into Rivendell.

"That's strange,"she murmurs sadly,"Lady of Rivendell, and don't even know who my own people are." Passes silently by the door.

UngattTrunn475

O Fierce Wildcat
Reaction score
Heridór closed the door behind them. "It all started long ago. Me and your father were friends, and often were together. We went on a journey to the misty mountains. My father found the something of great value. It was Mithril, one of the rarest substances in middle-earth. Well, when he had found it, he imm..." He paused for a second. "I hear footsteps. Be very quiet."

HLGStrider

All Knowing Magic Cat
Reaction score
The two elves barely dared to breathe. The foot steps were heavy, and getting closer, not the quiet feet of elves, but the loud tred of something ominous.

Outside, Elgee and Glory dismounted from their steeds, and looked around Rivendale. They had arrived quite unmolested, but now had no idea what they were looking for.
"We need to speak to whoever's in charge," Elgee decided. Glory nodded.

Aroghel

Elven Lord of Light
Reaction score
Not too far off in Rivendell an Elderly Elf name Aroghel was sleeping in his bed in his house. A dart zipped right past him - missing him by an inch.

"What was that?"

He took the dart out of the wall and looked at it strangely. Just then someone opened the door, startling Aroghel.

"Who is it! What do you want?!"

"It is your me, your loyal gardener. I have just gotten news that darts are flying all over in Rivendell. Are you ok?"

"It seems those darts have made their way into my home. Come, fetch me my cape. I am to see my dear young friend Verëdanor at once!"

Glory

Fearless Lady
Reaction score
*while they were looking for the person in charge Elgee noticed that Glory were really happy to be in Rivendell like she were getting back on her home suddenly she looked at Elgee seriously* I think those darts were poisoned diferently just to kill their targets they probalbly thought I was an elf but they probalbly has realized that I am not so the next one It'll be poisoned to kill me anmd I am not sure why they are killing people but I think that you should be prepared to expect anything, ok?

Aroghel

Elven Lord of Light
Reaction score
*ZZZIIIIPPPPP!!! An arrow makes its way to Elgee and Glory, but luckily they are ready.

"Aha!"

*Glory barely catches the dart in mid-air before it hits Elgee.

"That was a close one!"

Glory

Fearless Lady
Reaction score
*Elgee gasped as she looked at the dart with fear*
Glory- what did I told you? *Glory smells the dart* well, I was quite right it is poisoned differently. This poison is for humans not for elves.

UngattTrunn475

O Fierce Wildcat
Reaction score
Elgee looks in horror of what almost could have happened. Glory sighs with relief. "Come on, lets run into Rivendell." The pair went into Rivendell, and walked down the hallway. Glory sniffs the air. "I smell the elf poison. It's already been used here."

"I hope no one has been injected." said Elgee, with a look of worry on her face. They continued walking, and walked past the door of Heridór. Very suddenly, two elves emerged and started to attack. Elgee and Glory was taken abacken, but just before Heridór was about to hurt them, Verëdanor stopped him.

"Heridór, stop it, they mean us no harm." he pleaded.

"Oh yeah? then why did they show up when the footsteps were still there? Don't you think they are in league with whoever was walking."

"Honestly, we had just come in." Elgee exclaimed.

"I believe them." said Verëdanor "The footsteps stopped when they came in. Don't jump to conclusions." Heridór looked at him with that all-to-familiar face, but gave it a rest. There was a pause, then two screams echoed through the hallway, one higher than the other.

Aroghel

Elven Lord of Light
Reaction score
*Aroghel comes running through the hall and sees the everyone standing there

"Is everyone alright? I heard screams from outside. . . Oh Verëdanor my friend how are you? I came on behalf of all of the mischief going on. Darts, everywhere! Do you have any clue whats going on??"

*He looks at Verëdanor in a worried face

HLGStrider

All Knowing Magic Cat
Reaction score
"Everyone seems all right," Elgee sighed. "If any body isn't I can do my best with what medicines I brought... Foot steps? What foot steps? You almost killed me because of foot steps??? I'll never understand elves... Does anybody have any idea what's going on here?"
Everyone turned accusingly on Heridor.

UngattTrunn475

O Fierce Wildcat
Reaction score
"What?" said Heridór. Everyone kept staring. "I didn't do anything. Stop looking at me."

Aroghel broke the trance. "Come on, lets go see what happened." They hurried down the hallway, and turned the corner. The Lady of Rivendell sat there, looking ghasted, with an elf who looked paralyzed. In his shoulder was one of the darts. "Oh, thank goodness you came. He saved me." and she pointed toward the elf.

UngattTrunn475

O Fierce Wildcat
Reaction score
"Hmmm... It was probably the footsteps we heard." Heridór said.

"Well, do you know anything about whats going on?" asked Glory.

"Yes, I believe I do. Come into my room." he said. The party went into his room, and Heridór began to recall his story. "Me and Verëdanor's father were friends in our youth. We went exploring all the time, going to places far away. Once, when we were going to Mirkwood, Isindur, Verëdanor's father, found some of the rarest substances in middle-earth. Mithril. He found a stones worth as we were crossing the misty mountains. We were too careless with talking about this. To make a long story short, it aroused the dwarves. Some of the dwarves weren't greedy, and didn't want anything to do with it. Most, however, found this piece of news interesting, and went out to search for it. Isindur kept it with him, and when he knew that his item was being searched for, he..." Heridor came closer and lowered his voice so that it was barely audible. "...He hid it. Somewhere, in the mines of Moria."

The party was silent. Then Elgee said, "So they are coming for it." She paused for a second. "Why would they use poison darts? It's not of their nature."

"That I do not know. I believe they have aroused an army of different creatures."

Verëdanor piped in. "So what do we do? The stone is already hid."

"I believe the only way to stop the attacks is to give in. To give them the stone."

Verëdanor seemed annoyed at this. "But thats giving in! Without a fight!"

The Lady of Rivendell said, "You think what Cherash did wasn't a fight? He sacrificed himself, and that is, in my mind, far beyond a fight."

Verëdanor sighed. "I guess your right."

Everyone was silent.

OCC: Ghasted is a synonym for horrified.

Aroghel

Elven Lord of Light
Reaction score
"So what now? I'm guessing we are going to have to find the Mithril Stone in the Mines of Moria, but what about the Dwarves henchmen, following us?"

*Aroghel walked to the door

"We might as well get ready for our long journey. Is there anything of great importance that we might need?"

Thread suggestions