🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

RPG Oscars, how often do you want them?

How Many times should we do the RPG Oscars?

• Once a year

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Twice a year

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Three times a year

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Four times a year

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Every month

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Every other week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please post what you think it should be :) )

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goofoofighter

Reaction score
Okay, I like this RPG Oscars idea, and even though I'm not a moderator thought that I could post this poll in hopes that it be seen and considered. :)

¤-Elessar-¤

Telcontar II
Reaction score
You seriously need to get a panel together, insted of just random nominations. Take people who like all different kinds of RPs, and then let them nominate and let the people vote. This was just brought up because I only saw one or two references to RP20 in the threads and it was one of the best ones in terms of plot, storyline, and post quality.

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea. I just had a spur of the moment idea and decided to go for it... it would be better to be less random next time! I volunteer to be on the panel, but only if I can also have a job on the door keeping the paparazzi and autograph-hunters in order... with my scimitar! :D

chrysophalax

Dragon of Note
Reaction score
Snaga, Just A few suggestions to make the RPG Oscars more
interesting and/or competitive next time.
Categories:BEST MALE CHARACTER
BEST FEMALE CHARACTER
BEST SUPPORTING MALE CHARACTER
BEST SUPPORTING FEMALE CHARACTER
BEST SERIOUS RPG
BEST NON-SERIOUS RPG
BEST OVER-ALL RPG
BEST PLOT TWIST
BEST COMIC RELIEF
BEST SONG/POEM/BALLAD
Also,whenever the time comes for nominations,every
4,6, whatever months, could nominations be open
for 1 week and then voting for 1 week prior to when
they are awarded?
The reason I specify "character" above is that
there may be some like myself who play a character
of a different gender,therefore I think judging
in those categories should go to the character as
opposed to who manipulates it. e.g. you might win
for Lark!

Just food for thought! :D

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Hey... but Lark might be the same gender as the 'real me', and I might just be playing Snaga! ;)

Those are all good points, and good categories. I thought it made sense to just have a few categories first time round, but if everyone's into it I don't see why we can have more.

We might need a whole RPG Oscars Forum to be set up though!!!;)

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Let's not be so hasty, here. I consider this a trial run for the whole 'Oscar' idea. Next time, I think it should be left up to the experts instead of letting bias getting in the way of how people vote (i.e.: I'm voting for X because he/she is cool; I won't vote for Y because he/she stinks like goat liver; etc.).

M

Mormegil

I think RPG Oscars 3 times a year would be best, in March, July and November. This would give the RPG's a chance to develop, some of them can be a little bit slow, so having Oscars every week would be unfair.

¤-Elessar-¤

Telcontar II
Reaction score
We need a whole set of rules...I was thinking about these few

1. EVERY RP should be considered, at least a little bit, for every award
  2. Only officially ended RPs can be awarded
  3. While considering RPs, a list of all elligible RPs should be made, each RP should then list it's main and main contributing Characters
  4. No changes to lists of nominees can be changed after the nomination deadline, this adds far too much confusion
  5. Any person thinking they deserve consideration for an award can appeal their case before the panel, only serious considerations, though.
    [/list=1]
    those are the few I came up with...hope I dont sound to strict, but they sound like they will work :D

UngattTrunn475

O Fierce Wildcat
Reaction score
Instead of having threads with polls to decide the awards, we could have one webpage with the polls on them. I could do that if you wanted me to.

EDIT: I have a sample of what it might look like done, but my FTP isn't working, so I can't upload it.

Last edited:

Thread suggestions