🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Runes again =D

T

The Grey

I might have a problem I read the swedish version of the book. And i ques that they havnt been translating the "rune" letters. Do you think that is correct?

Greymantle

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure I follow you... but no, I don't believe there are any translations of the runes in the Hobbit. I've never seen a Swedish version of LotR, so I don't know about that.... Telchar, are they in the Norse version?

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Reaction score
From English to Swedish is hard enough to translate. From a language Tolkien created to English to Swedish would be extremely difficult! I've never seen a Swedish version of LOTR, but I'm willing to bet they did not translate the runes.

L

lohikäärme

They are translated in the Finnish version, and there are also runes for the letters ä and ö, if I remember correctly...

Thread suggestions