🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Sauron and the Ring

Alcuin

Reaction score
Haven't we been through this before?
Repetitive discussion is an art form. Galin, who now calls himself “Ando”, is good at it: he and I have engaged in it repetitively over the years. I beg we cut him some slack; besides, I too may want to reëngage a discussion in this way myself in some later thread: so might you, my friend whom I greatly respect. :D

And what's "Galin" anyway? Some sort of Elvish invention? Dwarvish? How's it pronounced? Questions that don't need answering, in my opinion.
Galin: is that an Sindarization of Galen the Physician? Or is it (as seems more likely) a Sindar word I have failed to interpret properly?

Galin

Reaction score
Galin: is that an Sindarization of Galen the Physician?

No, but I found a very loose connection between us: "In order to unite his theories about the soul and how it operated within the body, he [Galen] adapted the theory of the pneuma." And I highly recommend this:

Or is it (as seems more likely) a Sindar word I have failed to interpret properly?
I think I liked it 'cause it seemed like it could be both Sindarin (Neo-Quenya Nalindo maybe), or a name from Dvergatal.

Thread suggestions