🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Senate of Atannórë

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Ciryaher shook his head slightly to Mithrandir, "Nay, Cardolan stands behind the bastions of Arthedain and Rhudaur. Your land remains...in fact, you will soon be having a great many guests in Tharbad. Keep those who are unarmed safe, and the armed forces will assist in defending Arnor's southern border."

He then turned to Spencer, "Very good. You and the forces of Forolosse will be under the command of Aerin, even after I return."
Himling.

Last edited:

Arathin

Sic Lucreat Lux
Reaction score
Arathin was silent as everyone around her spoke, when Lord Cir left she followed. ~I might as well go home. Nothing yet.~ she thought. She reached her home just as Cir and Kem set sail to Himling. She wondered why everyone passed through her lands without even asking her consent or at least giving her the courtesy of a message stating that they had passed through. She hated learning about it through her Dunedain spy network, that kept the peace.

SpencerC18

Reaction score
While in Rhudar Spencer sat in his makeshift compound. The Forolochians in exile are a hardy people and already they have adapted to their surroundings well. Looking about him he marveled at how quickly they had buit an adaquate village. A wooden wall was set about them and a constant watch was set upon the towers with his best archers detecting the slightest movements in the distance. He and his people greatly relish the day when they can cast their enemies down and bring justice to the land of Forolosse.

*occ- you guys can call me Gandlin from now on. Thats just a name I came up with rather than Spencer.

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Reaction score
"The East has seemed to have halted their attack upon us; the time to fortify our defenses is now. Wherever we choose to send troops, we need to do it soon, lest the enemy re-group and renew their fight.

Arnor is a friend of Gondor's, and I think we need to aid them. I say we help Gondor to help itself; send a small number of troops to aid them in building their defenses, so they will be able to help fight when the time comes.

What think you, Senators?"

Eol

Reaction score
Say I, who has journeyed far from the woods of Lorien : Give the men of Gondor aid, for they are the future of Middle Earth and all its creatures. As all know the elves time has passed and the time of men is nigh in coming. The Grey Havens await for the Fair Folk but I choose not the way of my people I choose to stay and aid those in Middle Earth that need aid. For I am of a higher being than Men but look not on them with disdain. Long have I studied their ways and found many faults yet found in all cases they have overcome. Such is not true with even the Elves. Send many soldiers if you can spare them for it is now that we must aid Men the most.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Ciryaher looked at the newcomer with a displeased air. "In this hall of Edain, it is not permitted that any person speak until they are given permission, whether they be Man, Hobbit, Dwarf...or Elf."

Turning to the Senate, "I do not know how we can send ai....wait," he looked at the message King Eomer had sent him. "I think that the Rohirric forces at my command might be able to do the job."

Arathin

Sic Lucreat Lux
Reaction score
A good idea, m'lord. Please forgive my lateness, but I have had sometime getting here. These Orcs are prisstant. *a deadly grin passes over her face. She then resumes her seat in the senate*

Last edited:

Eol

Reaction score
Celebrien acknowledges Ciryaher's rebuke and takes an empty seat.

¤-Elessar-¤

Telcontar II
Reaction score
That night and early the next morning

A man rode along the deserted highway. He had traveled long, and had two goals in his mind's eye, which was stronger, many say, than most other men in his days. He came at last to the Arnorian Military. The road was blocked, and he was told to head back to where he had come from. He chuckled. The rather martial looking man below him asked him what seemed to be so funny about an impending Mornclaurian invasion. The man on the horse reached into his robes, and let a small, silver medal dangle in the pouring rain. The man held a lantern aloft to look at it. It was a medalion of a grey circle, surrounded by seven different colours. The man stiffened, and gave a quick appolegy, that was muffled by the rain, and the hooves of a returning patrol. The man on the horse nodded his head, and noticed, for the first time in months, that he had aquired a rather long beard. He laughed to himself, deciding that he would have to rid himself of it before making his first public appearance. He rode on...

The next day the old-looking man awoke in the strange bed of the Inn. He moaned. He had not slept on anything except stone floor and dirt in the past few months, and the soft, old, mattress seemed to have wreaked havoc on his back. He went and dressed himself in his plain grey robes, a symbol of his now abysmal power. He picked a sword off of the table, and fastened it to his waist. He left the Inn and headed for the main buildings of Annuminas, the capitol of the Arnorian Empire.

He, sighingly, flashed his medal at a few more guard posts. He had wanted to come completely unaware of anyone, although he knew that the men would not report the roamings of an old man with the medal of the white council, for any man with such a badge was given nearly unrestricted access, especially in times of war. The man walked down the hallways, until he came to the guests sleeping chambers. He closed his eyes, and found that quiet peace within.... 'second on the right from the third hallway.' It echoed in the room, for an echo it was- spoken many days ago by one of the servants of the Emporer. He went down to the room, and noticed with distaste that the door was locked. he pulled a piece of iron out of his pocket, and slipped it into the lock. The Iron grew red, and even melted on the opposite end. He twisted it, and the lock clicked, nealry silent, but still echoing down the deserted stone hallway. The figure of the man slipped into the room. He walked over to the bed, where a lady slept...

Arathin awoke with a jolt, when the hands of the man touched her shoulders. Quick as a fox, she grabbed a knife off of the bedside table and held it to the mans throat. His smile did not fade though. He reached his hands up to his dirty, hairy, tired face, and when he brought them down, she knew the face that looked into hers. Her husband embraced her.

Arathin

Sic Lucreat Lux
Reaction score
Arathin threw her arms around Elessar's neck and weeped. "You've done and returned from the dead to me." Elessar nodded and she held him long. Finally, she turned her face to his and gazed into his eyes. "What is it, my dear husband, that you have been doing up in that tower for so many months? Do you know of what is going on in the world? I now govern Mithlond and Himling for Lord Ciryaher."

¤-Elessar-¤

Telcontar II
Reaction score
Elessar sat on the edge of her bed, and rubbed one of her hands in his own. "My silence has been my shelter. My mind has been my prison. For months I have emmersed myself in complete and utter thought. I feel as though I have been reborn, with a new sense of purpose. My fire is renewed, and, by Eru, I hope I am not too late. I must be off, to find the other Lords of the West. I will see you soon, again... and I am sorry that we have not had more time together." Elessar stood, and rubbed his hands over his face. The beard had re-appeared, and his face was dirty again. He wrapped his grey cloak about his plain robes, and strode to the door. He opened it, and silently left.

He made his way down the corridor, but hid behind a beam of stone against the wall. He had not wished to be hassled by any more guards, and they would only be the more stern the further he worked his way back... He thought for a second, before he walked down to an open window, at the end of the hallway. He closed his grey-green eyes, concentrating on the burning fire of life within. And when he opened them again they were smaller, and sharper. He cocked his head up, and beat his wings, and a grey dove flew about the walls of the great fortress of Annuminas...

He landed on the windowsill of the throneroom of the Emporer, who sat, lost in thought, upon his high throne- the Throne of Elendil and the throne of Aragorn, and the throne of many a great men before him. The dove flew silently into the chambers, and landed in a shadow. Slowly the shadow of the dove overtook that of the throne, and a tall, grey, man whispered in a tone like a serphant of death, breaking the thought of the aging lord of Arnor, "Lord Pengriston, I see you have kept that-which-is-rightly-mine from falling too far under the shadow of the Dark Lord." He stood quiet for a second. "But come, it is not the time for such words. I have come, disturbing the peace of your thought, so that you may know that I have arrived at last. And I wish to know how we fare..."

Last edited:

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Penngristion looked up from his thought and cast a glance at the man and stood. "Come," he said flatly and exited the ancient throne-room of the Northern Kingdom.

As he casually walked towards what was obviously the Capitol, he mused, "I do not use that throne, except as a place of solitary contemplation." He looked at his companion, "I govern with a Senate, and you should be wise enough to see that."

His gaze returned to the Capitol and he continued. After a brief silence, he spoke again, "If I knew what the enemy was doing, I could tell you how we fare. The advance from the north has apparently ceased, and my men have engaged the enemy only once. Once!...where is the enemy, Elessar? Will your wisdom reveal that to me?"

With a smile and a slight bow, he acknowledged the guards at the Capitol doors and they stepped aside with salutes. Ciryaher stepped into a small room near the entrance and pulled on a rope, which sounded a large bell that was the signal for the Senate to convene for the day.

Last edited:

Mithrandir

Mithers the Grand Wizard
Reaction score
Mithrandir looked at the new comer and smiled. Silently and only heard in the voice of Elessar was the voice of the wizard"Welcome my dear friend. I have long awaited your arrival, and am glad you have finally found your path."

He waited to see what the bell would do....

Mormegil

Exceptionally Superfluous
Reaction score
Mormegil had ridden fast, from Ered Nimrais, and now had arrived at the capitol. The guards waved the Red wizard through, and he entered the Senate.
Bowing towards the Emporer and Mithrandir he made appologies for his lateness. He then took a seat and waited for the senate to convene.

Arathin

Sic Lucreat Lux
Reaction score
Arathin hearing the bell, hurried to the senate meeting. Knowing almost for certain why it had been called. Entering she seated herself in her chair, and her gaze roved over the room. Becoming fixed on her dear husband standing beside her lord ciryaher, Arathing knew she had been correct in why the meeting was called.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
A messenger whispered in Ciryaher's ear as the senate congregated. He nodded and rose from his small chair and went to his podium. "My Senators, and my companions in the White Council, the Dark Lord has restarted his movements in the North, and we are moving to deflect this. I now open the Floor to all speakers."

Eol

Reaction score
I have told my people of my coming and they wish to help, what is left of those not yet departed from the Grey Havens anyway. Might we form a second alliance of Men and Elves? And might the dwarves give aid as well, if only in great times for the remnant of the Fair Folk in Lorien do not trust the dwarves, but trust in men. I will bring aid if and when it is needed, unlooked for but sent in the darkest hour.

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Reaction score
Aerin looked impassively at the newcomer, "And what position in the Senate of Arnor do you hold? I have not heard your name before; why do you suddenly come before us?"

Turning to the Senate, she spoke, "If the Dark Lord has indeed renewed his attack, then I say we should strike back. If we dally as we have, then we stand a very slim chance of winning. We cannot delay.
We cannot let the enemy's legions approach our cities, our towns, our people. We need to defend our country; and the best defence is a good offence.

I propose that we not only attack, but prepare for the attacks. I have spoken to Ciryaher of some devices we might employ to aid our fighting," as she spoke, a wry smile crossed her face.

¤-Elessar-¤

Telcontar II
Reaction score
"Well, I cannot say that I did not suspect that the Lord of Mornclaur would not himself take up the command of the northern troops, in the absense of his slave-general," Elessar said in a mild monotone; his mind was lost in thought, and his eyes were not focused. Suddenly, though, the light sprang back into them, and he looked to the Lord Ciryaher. "Emporer, I am more than sure that you all here can handle the army to the north. But, as I am sure some of you know, there is a greater army to the south. I offer to go to Rohan, for there I am still held authoritive, and I shall marshal their forces in Eomer's absense. And, from there I shall await your war-plans. I could also gather the folk of Arandor, for I do not beleive they have been summoned, yet, into the army of Gondor. Their numbers would prove very helpful, milord... however, if you do not wish to send me south, I will be of what help I may here... but I must confess that I fear for Valar and Elebreth, and all of our brethren in the south. Minas Tirith hath withstood many a great flood, but those were puddles of rainwater when held against that which now pounds at their floodgates." He stood there, as a moment of silence enveloped the room. A small, white fire smoldered in his eyes, ready to be reborn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread suggestions