🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Senate of the Mornclaur Federation

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
The sun was setting nigh in the West, falling into the extended fingers of the Mountains of Ash. Now there were no clouds blocking their beauty, now they were capped with snow, glinting a dull orange from the departing waves of the sun. The city of Osclaur rung with hammers and chisels as it was being put to construction, for even now much was not done in it, and great craftsman from all of Middle Earth found themselves at work in the glorious streets. At that moment there rung a note on uncountable horns, the great tone and blast sounding through the mountains for many fathoms. At that very moment great banners were unfurled and the march of armed feet was prevalent. Their ranks were of the elite guard of Osclaur, men in suits of armor. They marched now to one local, all uniting on a great avenue. The posts on either side flared proudly the banner of the Mornclaur Federation. Now they moved towards a great citadel. It was perched on the highest ground, save the Imperial Palace, in Osclaur that was in the Mountains of Ash. There was a central citadel of great proportions, and about it in a great circle were ten towers, all now proudly flying one flag, one for each of the provinces of Mornclaur. The Central Citadel held but one flag, that of the Mornclaur Federation. This was known as the Beraid-Rhûn, Towers of the East. The Great Entrance was in a classic Eastern Style, and so held more columns of square, not circular, form. Now entered the great leaders of Middle Earth. It was indeed a great sight to behold, the guards from different nations all entering in awe of the glorious event and city. The great avenue before the structure broadened and formed a plaza, in the center a massive pillar known as Tarmabal, the Pillar of Power. This was the center of the Mornclaur state, and it was peaked with a statue that now shone in the last rays of day. Already many had dignitaries and leaders had entered and were proceeding towards two doors. These would open to the Laurëmard, the Golden Hall. It was the center of the Tellumarôm. At nightfall the doors were opened, and another blare of trumpets was heard, but they were soothing to the ear, and many sighed with enjoyment at hearing them. The hall was indeed great, with an arching roof and sloping walls. It was much in a “modern” formats, and not like the senates of nations to the west. Indeed this was quite unique within itself. The seats were of a mahogany color and had dark red leather padding. Soon the many captains of Mornclaur were filing in, and taking seats towards the back. Their black, red, and gray armors glinted in the light of the torches. Yet these were implemented within the roof itself, and were covered by glass, so the light was dulled a bit, and no torch or massive cauldron of flame could be seen nor heard, simply a continuous roof with glass plating now and then which shone. The room was as a semicircle, with one half being flat. This was the area in the hall where the wall was straight and reached highest upward. The roof sloped downwards from that point to the opening doors. That wall was joined by a great stage, which spanned from one corner to the other and was elevated above the chairs. The great crest of Mornclaur was also upon that wall. One either corner was a door. As the lower ranks settled another great blare was heard, last before the speech would be brought forth. In at last came the great heads of state, first of which was Telchar, Dark Lord and Leader of the Zirak Khazad Empire. He entered in great glory then, robed in garbs of sheer majesty flanked by his Dwarven Captains and Councils. Next arrived Lord Ciryaher and Empress Kementari side by side, leaders of the lands of Arnor. Ciryaher entered wearing Armor emblazoned with the crest of Arnor a cape behind. Empress Kementari wore as well a glorious dress with great a jewel. Then came Lord Beorn of Gondor and afterwards King Eomer of Rohan. Both were clad well, and bestowed an air of might unto all that beheld them. Lord Ellesar was there was well, in brilliant and glimmering mail. As was Nain of the Khazum Kingdom. As each entered they were met with applause from the assembly that was great as the roar of the seas. All wore marvelous attire, some wearing garbs resembling togas, to armor plates embellished with great scenes. Gems and hilts of swords shone neath the light from above. Indeed they came with their most prestigious captains and councils. When at last all were seated and most comfortable, for the seats were incredibly welcoming, a silence fell over the hall. The leaders of Middle Earth and their entourage were seated in the front rows. A deep drum role ensued and the two doors to either side of the front wall were opened by guards in the Armor of the Senate, blue with silver. Out came the Governors and Councils of the Mornclaur Federation. Amongst the many the Gonnilclaur and his aids. Then came the last two; from one door was the Governess Talieren, tailored in a great Green dress, all in awe of her beauty. From the other door strode the High Council of the Mornclaur Federation, and indeed did he seem to appear as of the greatest Lords of the First Age. A black cape fluttering behind him with great platinum armor he left the door, for each that would exit paused as they were announced. He was the last to exit and then the doors were shut. These all took seats as well, and the great hall was filled with guests of honor. A few coughs and the sound of leather creaking neath movement were heard, with some brief conversation betwixt councils. Then after an elapsed time of some five minutes the two doors from which all others had come opened again, now by ten guards in Gold a trumpet in each hand. They split five to each door and held up the trumpets in one hand and a salute they made with the right hand. They then blew some notes that resounded and then all went to their feet. In came at last the Dark Lord of the Mornclaur Federation, Dengen-Goroth. The applause was immense, and indeed was it ever said from then that the very foundations of the earth heard the uproar. He came greeting some with a nod of his head, and others with a shake. The guards went behind him. He wore a toga of white streaked with red and black to symbolize the colors of Mornclaur, Dagraharnol, his blade, was at his side sheathed. On his head was Crithabanga, his great crown. Finally he approached and then went upon the stage. Then he came to the podium neath the crest of Mornclaur and motioned for silence, which took some time to come. Yet soon all were seated and he began.
“Hail friends from abroad, and near at home!” Applause again was heard. “I come before you all to state the Current Statues and future initiatives of the Mornclaur Federation, as well as to institute the Discussion which will be the great part of the Senate.” Applause anew at this pause. “We find ourselves now in what appears to be the waning of the Fourth Age, and we ask ourselves what have we done. In the First Age there was the struggle betwixt the Powers of which less then a handful, as the term goes, saw. Then in Second Age was there the Epic of Numenor, and her fall, and the Third the plight of the Ringbearer and the Kingdoms in Exile. Yet what was in the Fourth age to be sung of? Well my friends I am not here to speak as in lecture of bygone eras, but to state the present and future. And the Present makes it well seen that the Fourth Age was not in vain! We have beheld before our eyes the beautification of much which was ruined, the great peace of which many has wished yet could not achieve, and also great bloodshed in many wars. Mordor has been taken from a land of Dread to a land of Glory. The People of the East, long adrift from their brethren in the West now speak with them in peace, and are educated and no longer barbaric or crude. The Plains of the Brown Lands, once broken jagged lands, now bloom with great dells and fens. As is the case in Ithilien, and the lost city of Minas Ithil is again made.” Applause rippled through the crowd and Talierin smiled as Dengen acknowledged her works. “The borders of Mornclaur are held by great towers of powerful workmanship, guarded by some of the best equipped and trained forces in Arda! Great Roads and Aqueducts dot the lands, and we have emerged upon a new zenith of strength. We may have lost for eternity the beauty of Numenor and Beleriand, but we have not lost the beauty of this Middle Earth, and she in herself may be better as the two of those!”

Last edited:

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
“Yet now even as we encroach upon this zenith we must also discover that not all is well. And so was the purpose of the great armies made for Mornclaur, for I come before you all now to declare another bit of word. Indeed, as many of you have espied, guessed, or believed I must and feel it of the utmost to declare war!” A deep gasp seemed to fill the hall, even from the high commanders of Mornclaur. “Indeed it may seem to you to be rash, if not in all the work of ludicrous proportions. Yet it has come to this, if no other path can be found, for it has not been and has been attempted to be bridged by many an attempt. Though now I say that any more of such attempts would have been at the most in vain. So I shall deliberate no longer, and assure all assembled here that it is of reason, and not of simple folly or lust.” More silence ensued as Dengen paused, and a look of starch terror, anger, or shock was displayed on most all faces within the hall at that very moment. Dengen spoke again. “Now I shall declare the enemy, roads! We here in Middle Earth find transportation, communication, and simple travel in itself poised on the brink of utter mayhem because the roads built by the men of Numenor are now in decay, some gone, covered by lush wildlife. Yet I ask now of the aid of all leaders here to construct one major avenues of trade, branching of into lesser roads, so as to make these lands in our hands glorious to behold. Indeed in the passing of my reign Ostoalcarin, known to others as Dunwain was damaged by the rise of the Blue Wizards. It was a centerpiece of the progress of the East in building a new utopia in the grasp of all and not bent away from us by the seas. We must all unite, and as seen already, construct and plant, harvest to least effect, so as to create a Numenor, a Gondolin, a Valinor!” More applause now of a relieved sort after many felt great disbelief at the prior wording. “We of Middle Earth possess our future in our hands, and I urge us to act as one body, as one land, to rebuild and nurture this new zenith to full fruition. Benighted we shall no longer stand in the pits of the Dark Years. And now I say thus as well, the seas are great and not at all have any successfully mapped them. Many a land remains unknown, islands of size great. Hence why the fleets of Mornclaur have been outfitted and prepared, to sail and explore the last unknowns. And yet as we move to the seas, and over tracks laden through toil we must also not forget our neighbors, of whom much of our lives are aided or abated. The Mornclaur Federation recognizes this, and thus has been forged, neath the great Smithies of Rhûn a line of great blades wrought of the same glorious gems as seen now only in memory, the gems of Ered Lithiu which adorn my crown. These give the sword an Inner Light ever to shine through grim moments and indeed blaze as the unity and kinship between the two lands of which it is a token to stand.” A guard at the feet of the Podium, which was circular, stood and brought before all a great sheath embroidered in on one side Dwarven Runes and on the Other the script of the Tengwar. The hilt was of fine metal, silver to the eye yet when light hit it was gold. Then the blade was drawn and it was glorious. It shone a gold white color, and if it were put in light of day it would glint dark blue or red. Flawless were the edges, and when drawn it made a most interesting noise as of a clear waterfall in Valinor. Many smiled and looked on in awe. “I present this now to Lord Telchar of the Zirak Khazad Empire, and pledge the undying oath of union of my people to him as long as we should stand, for a unity of great might and valor!” Telchar stood and accepted, saying akin words yet directed towards Mornclaur from his won lands. “Now let us look to the future, for accomplishments of the present and the past have been seen. We must in the least stay the felling in the Forests of Rhûn, and also we must make the lands of the South a sight beckoning much respect. And Southern Mirkwood must be ever known as a land with might indeed. Trade routes must be established with some of the remote clans of the east, and lastly must be the construction of a regional capitol for each of the provinces of Mornclaur. Plans which, my friends, we may accomplish with a flicker of an arm, for we are of the children of Eru! Naught is held back before us least something we bring as a barrier. Now let us go forth, calm of mind and resolute, so as to build a great future for all that live in the future, as their lives are in our own hands!” Dengen smiled as he was met with another great row of applause and so he stepped from the podium and exited through the right door amidst great tumult of cheer. Yet this was all but an introduction to the great discussion, as he had said, which would take place in the chamber on the opposite side of the hall. There would be the great talk of what would occur in the Federation and in Middle Earth.

¤-Elessar-¤

Telcontar II
Reaction score
Elessar Comes in with a general crowd, having not been recognized, and instead of sitting down in a chair he goes and stands silently in a corner... When the speech is over with Elessar sighs, he laughes a small laugh. He pulls the weight of his golden Arandorian armour from the walls and picks up his staff. He begins to make his way to the exit of the hall.

Last edited:

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Ciryaher rises from his seat and clears his throat.

"Indeed, I praise the Lord Dengen--my friend and Ally--for his concise words..." Ciryaher paused and glanced around the room slowly, "But there are more problems in Middle-Earth than simply transportation. Arnor's road system was completed and rebuilt some months ago, but there is another thought that taxes my mind."

The Emperor of Arnor slowly paced, his hands behind his back. "Many lands which once stood leaderless hath now been claimed, but these states (with their relatively inexperienced governments) I deem unstable. Sure, they pledge alliegances to those they wish, but can they be trusted with the rulership of vast lands? Is there no bar to deem them worthy of power?"

Ciryaher glances at a figure exiting. "And who is this that enters the mighty Dengen-Goroth's halls uninvited?"

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Snaga with a slight movement of his hand signals the guards to detain the departing figure discreetly, until he can be questioned.

Elessar finds himself being ushered away, firmly but politely, to a secure antechamber where his identity and intentions can be determined.

The deliberations of the Senate continue undisturbed.

¤-Elessar-¤

Telcontar II
Reaction score
Elessar turns to see the guards. He raises his voice.
"I am sorry to come late, my lord Dengen, but I came as a counsul to the lord Eomer, I arrived late and will have to leave early, but these things cannot be helped. And if you dont mind, these guards should let me go, or I shall unleash hell reborn upon this room.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Ciryaher heard the familiar voice and shouted back, "You won't dare do any such thing you insolent sack of refuse. Get thee gone from this congregation and do not bring your worthlessness back."

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
Dengen rubbs his eyes weerily.
"We need no conflict here! It is to be a place of serious discussion."

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
One of the guards politely says 'Perhaps you will be good enough to come with me. I will ensure you are properly accredited in no time, and you will be seated in high honour, if everything is in order. Come Lord, we do not wish to create an incident!'

Snaga's men are well trained.

Kementari

Lady Writer
Reaction score
Kem is usually quiet but in rage she stands up and says "For Eru's sake Elessar you wern't invited in the first place. Now shut your face."

Telchar

Someone out there?
Reaction score
Telchar rises slowly.
"As Lord Ciryaher, I prais the Lord Dengen, my friend, an exelent speach", he pauses and looks at Ciryaher, "those who are worthy will stand out from the crowd, even as a child they will be easy to spot."
"I have seen men corrupted by the mere thought of power, so, beeing wothy may not mean that you can handel the power of rulership."

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Immediately the guards close in. Gently but with strength beyond hope of resistance they lift Elessar off his feet and rush him the few yards out of the hall. The vast doors swing shut silently behind them, closed with a spell of such vast effectiveness that no hope of entry remained to Elessar. Gently again, the guards put him down.

One knelt before him saying: 'My lord, on behalf of the diplomatic guard of Mornclaur we apologise for the necessity this action. Pray, can we offer you some refreshments or anything else you may need, before you depart?'

A golden carriage of great dignity draws up outside ready to speed him on his way.

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
ooc - a ludicrous post, worthy of deletion by Cir's hand of moderation! ***Cir nods and complies***

Snaga discreetly apologises to Lord Dengen-Goroth for the guards failure to prevent his entry, although he makes a mental note to honor those affecting the arrest.

Refreshments are served, a refreshing cordial recalling at once the finest Dorwinion wines and the miruvor of Rivendell.

Last edited by a moderator:

¤-Elessar-¤

Telcontar II
Reaction score
ooc: that's the way it will be then? you can all quite go to hell! I have never submited to guards and dont intend to now. I will just have to...adapt to your strange rules

IC:
Elessar walks, completely disgruntled, around the outside of the building. He finds what he is looking for, the entrance to the servants quarters. He takes off his bulky armour and places it in a room in the inn he has selected for the night (while there he says hello to Arathin, who chose to stay at the inn). He walks back to the place, dressed in plain cloths, and tries not to be noticed in the buisy servents room. He waits for an opening, and finnaly finds one. He moves in haste up a quick stair, which leads to the upper portions of the room. He pulls a strangely coloured stone from around his neck and whispers to himself (I knew this would come in handy) He removes a piece of a yet to be finished stainglass from the top of the room, and sits there, listening to the counsil below. He looks behind him, out to the mountains, just as the sun sinks behind the peaks. The room below is lit with many fires and such. Elessar jumps down to a ledge, still many stories above the floor below. He raises the stone and whispers a few words. The stone becomes as black as endless night, and looks as though it is a gaping hole in the very fabric of the world. Then a pop is heard, and all light from the room vanished, even though the fires still burn and give heat. The room goes quiet. The only light there now are two glowing orbs in the upper parts of the room, many look in their direction. Elessar's eyes glow with fierce triumph. His voice had not yet finished its stay in the room.
"Lord Goroth, I am sorry, but I had forgoten one thing I had meant to say." Ciryaher moans as he recognizes the voice. "Orc Slave, wherever you be, you will know that I was invited, and had a seat which now stands empty! Lord Ciryaher, Dengen should had known better than to bring us together, for we are fire and water! And lord Dengen, please allow for common curtosies for all of your guests next time, and please, put some security in the Kitchen, it is frantic in there.
I are tulya
Elessar turns and dives out of the building, and into a fountain in the streets below.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Ciryaher raises an eyebrow at the light show. "Are you quite finished, young man?" he turns to Lord Goroth, "Do you see what I convey in my messages, friend?"

The Emperor folds his arms and sits. Refusing to respond to the childish games of Elessar.

Talierin

Still here... sometimes
Reaction score
After the outburst, Talierin rose to her feet and spoke in her husky voice, soft, yet loud enough to carry well. "If I may speak, my lord," she paused until receiving Lord Dengen's nod. "Please, let us continue and do not let that foul dwimmerlaik to ruin this glorious council," she glanced at Lord Ciryaher, who she could tell was furious. "I wish to offer my magical services to any here who wish it. As some of you may know, I do not use my powers except at times of greatest need. And since it has been such a long time since one of those times has come up, I have power in plenty to use, perhaps even enough to cover all of Middle-earth in trees. So if you have empty and barren lands that need my touch, feel free to ask while I am being generous with my power."
"On another note, I have traveled far in my day, and in the far, far east once, I had a chance to visit a grand library there. All people were free to use it, and many of the inhabitants of the city were wise and knowledgable from that priviledge. I feel that this would be a great asset to our people, therefore I propose that we divide all inhabited land up into squares 10 leagues by 10 leagues, and build at least one public library in every one."
"One last proposal, and I will be done. On the roof of this eastern library was a object I had never seen the likes of before. It was like one of our sundials, but different. They had built a stream of water, swiftly moving around its set circular track. At one point in this track, it flowed through this machine which was about 6 feet high, turning the machine's gears, which in turn moved weights and pointers attached to a circular piece of metal, painted with the numbers of the hours and dots for minutes around the edges. It was called a clock, and it kept time far better than any sundial. Seeing the value of this machine, I asked if I may have instructions on how to construct one, which the people gave to me, delighted to spread knowledge. It has taken me until now to build a good model, which I would like to show to you." Talierin beckons to her servant to bring forth a large box, which she opens and carefully lifts out a minature model of the clock. Another servant brings a pitcher of water, pouring the water into the water track. Almost immediatly the little gears began to move, and everyone watched the clock face intently to see if the pointers moved. After a little while, the longer pointer moved slowly to the minute dot to the right of it. A gasp of pleasure came from the watchers.
"As you can see, it's quite ingenius. I would like to build one of these in each capital or major city in Middle-earth, with everyone's permission, of course. I will be building one in Minas Ithil soon, and if you wish, when it's done, you may come and see just how well it works, and then make a decision whether to build one or not in your cities." Inclining her head to Lord Dengen, she sat down to listen to the reaction her words brought.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Ciryaher's dark mood faded as Talierin revealed the machination she had brought. He watched the tiny parts moving and looked in wonder. "The great Temple MUST have one of these! Could you design a larger version of this when the Temple is nearer to completion?"

He snapped his attention and stood, "And what of the libraries? Should we perhaps ordain some group to accomplish the task of copying the many tomes throughout Arda?"

Eomer Dinmention

The Asian Lord
Reaction score
*Eomer walks in after Beorn.
He takes a seat at the end.
"Wow Dengen nice place you have here."

*Eomer stands up. " Lord Dengen, I as a Silver Wizard have powers over, well silver. But my powers is not as great as what Tal has now. But my wizards will be glad to help you if you need it."

Thread suggestions