🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Senate of the Mornclaur Federation

Turgon

Ghost-King of Gondolin
Reaction score
'So be it!' The Corsair cried, saddened by the silence that followed his words. 'I know not whether it is the darkness that blinds you, or whether your love of luxury has addled your wits. But I will not sit here and wait for the Men of Arnor to come banging on the gates. I leave for Umbar tomorrow, and from there I will look to my own defences. Fare thee well!'

With that the Lord of Umbar left the Council, and made ready for his departure.

Azog

Prone to Violence...
Reaction score
Azog arose from his seat in the council and spoke, "I will go with Drygo, but my men are few. Grant me a legion of Warg-riders and I shall be of great aide. All uruk-hai under my command fight well, and throughout the many battles, we have lost but one of our ranks, although many times outnumbered."

Azog now stepped forward, entering the center of the council. "I will wait for a week's time before I set out, with a thousand Uruk-Hai... or a hundred."

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
The Dark Lord nodded and spoke.
"Long has the call to action been made, and now let it be done."

Azog

Prone to Violence...
Reaction score
Azog bowed and left the chamber. He mounted his Warg and rode hard to the nearby camp. He entered a pavilion, adorned with the markings of the Mornclaur Federation.

Inside the tent stood a mail clad general. His arm was bound from a wound, and he Warg snarled at the incoming Uruk-hai. The gaze was met by the evil sneer of Azog.

After a short discussion, Eight centuries of Warg riders went with him. They rode hard and were soon accompanied by the heavily mailed riders of Azog.

"Riders!" Azog shouted, "We shall ride hard and will meet Drygo tommorrow. When the fingers of the sun are beginning to stretch over the vast horizon, we shall be dining with him. Now ride!"

The quick Wargs were off, and the nine hundred rode behind Azog, running at a swift pace, and not tiring.

They arrived on schedule, entering Drygo's camp early in the morning.

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Snaga remains sprawled in his seat, grinning. But behind his fixed smirk he thought wryly:

'So a war with no plan, or I am no longer trusted with a part. An old friend is not always a good friend, or say so they say! And Lord Telchar is sleeps long, so all Zirak Khazad's policies must be decided by me, and the Grey Mountains besides. But how, if I have not the tidings by which this judgment will be made...?'

He stood slowly and bowed low to Lord Goroth: 'Hail! I wish you success in all your endeavours!'

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
Goroth looked upon Snaga and spoke.
"Lord Snaga, why speak you thus? Do you wish to depart as well?"

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
'What I wish and what may be prudent, may be far removed in these troubled times. Tidings pass in scarce-heard whispers, foes stalk empty lands, nameless but dreadful. In the mountains the orcs multiply, but they will need their chieftain I believe.'

Morwen

Daughter of the Dark
Reaction score
Having arrived days earlier, Morwen now descended upon the chamber with news of great importance.
"Members of the Mornclaur, since thy great Lord as not yet announced my wishes, it is my duty to do such. I am leaving--for the lands to the east. With me I will take two thousands. Ask no questions, but instead know that is the will of Morwen", she paused.
"In my stead I leave with you a great commander. She shall prove worthy, methinks, to take my place. If the Lord as any words to add, he may do so after I have left. Fare thee well".
And she was gone, to where and what purpose laid heavily in her stead.

Tar-Ancalime

Dark Queen of Mordor
Reaction score
Dark Queen Tar- Ancalime began to descend down the stair case. One of her winged handmaides accomponied her. and held the train of her shimering ,black, strapless gown just above the stairs so the bejeweled hem was not spoiled. The large red jewel held by a diamond chain on her neck glimmered in the dimmed torch light. She walked by just as morwen was leaving the room. She walked by alll the advisors and visitors. As she passed them they bowed. When she reached near the throne she curstied to the Dark Lord, he kissed her gloved hand and while holding onto it guided her towards her trhone. she took her seat at the dark lords right, a charming smile graced her red lips. She adjust the crown atop her head, finally she relaxed. The court sat in awe, for dark queen tar was often dwelling in her spa at rhun, but today she sat at her husbands side.

Last edited:

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
The Urukgush of the North, that once was Gonnilclaur arose from dark thought and felt certain that now the time was come to travel again to Mornclaur, and seek the counsel of the Dark Lord.

Perchance others of the Dark Legion would also feel the need to debate the world anew, for not all that should have come to pass in the War did. Should plans thwarted be cast aside entirely? Or reforged, like a broken sword?

He made his way east and south to find out...

Thread suggestions