🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Sil audio cd

StriderX

Reaction score
I seen this Sil package at the bookstore the other day, and it had an audio cd of the Sil. I was wondering if it is any good or not? Does anyone hear have it? The package included a hardcover limited edition Silmarillion, postcards, maps, audio cd, and a guide.

Tar-Palantir

Reaction score
I have an audio version of The Silmarillion (on tape). I can't remember who the narrator is, but he does a fantastic job. It's a straight reading of the book and runs something like 13 hours.

StriderX

Reaction score
Ya, I'll probably buy it, I think it would be a lot easier if you could listen to someone read it while you yourself are reading.

Merry

Has chubby cheeks
Reaction score
I was going to buy it but was disappointed that it was just a reading. After listening to the BBC dramatization of LOTR, I think I would get bored by a plain reading. I would love for it to be acted out!

Glaurung

Reaction score
But most of it couldn't just be dramatised, because there is not enough dialogue in the book. The narrator would be the one talking for 80-90% of the whole cd.

Thread suggestions