🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Switzerland: Anyone Been?

Starbrow

Tolkien Fan
Reaction score
I visited Lucerne and Lake Constance. They were both beautiful places. I was hitchhiking at the time and I remember getting stranded and having to spend the night in a cozy little gasthaus. It was nice country but not necessarily memorable.

Olorgando

not from 'Straya
Reaction score
My wife and I went on our honeymoon to Lake Lucerne in central Switzerland (and three times on vacation to Lake Constance before that, but every of those times on the northern, German border of it). We stayed in Brunnen, pretty much at the north-eastern part of Lake Lucerne where it splits into its east-west and north-south parts.
Switzerland was then, well over 20 years ago, an expensive place to vacation, and it hasn't gotten better (exchange rate of the Swiss Franc). But for scenery, if one likes mountain regions, certainly very worth-while.

CirdanLinweilin

The Wandering Wastrel
Reaction score
My wife and I went on our honeymoon to Lake Lucerne in central Switzerland (and three times on vacation to Lake Constance before that, but every of those times on the northern, German border of it). We stayed in Brunnen, pretty much at the north-eastern part of Lake Lucerne where it splits into its east-west and north-south parts.
Switzerland was then, well over 20 years ago, an expensive place to vacation, and it hasn't gotten better (exchange rate of the Swiss Franc). But for scenery, if one likes mountain regions, certainly very worth-while.
Thanks for sharing your experience! I love mountains so I think I would love it! And I get my feet wet traveling internationally.

CL

Elthir

Reaction score
🍁 In Montreal, Roger Federer signed my hat!

That counts in my book :)

Olorgando

not from 'Straya
Reaction score
Galin, is this really you?
Or still your "alter ego" (or whatever) "Endorfin"?

Elthir

Reaction score
First sentence by Galin.

Second sentence by Endorfin.

Pictures by Grinleaf the Ent.

Thread suggestions