🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Testings and Rankings- PLEASE READ

Barliman Butterbur

Worthy Keeper/Bree Roué
Reaction score
Passed the 1st test

OK, I passed the first test. I will actually have to STUDY for the next one (haven't been into Silmarillion for a while). That will come after I get over this sore throat.

—Lotho

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS!!!:D

Now, you can include your Rank in your signature, if you want.

Barliman Butterbur

Worthy Keeper/Bree Roué
Reaction score
Originally posted by Finduilas
CONGRATULATIONS!!!:D

Now, you can include your Rank in your signature, if you want.
Aha! thanks, but I'll wait until I pass a few more tests.

("Hope brings death"???!!! Isn't that just a tad dreary? Am I missing something?)

—Lotho

Barliman Butterbur

Worthy Keeper/Bree Roué
Reaction score
Trick Question???

In the second test, it is asked "Which battle started the First Age of Middle-earth?" As far as I can tell there was no battle that STARTED it, unless you count what happened at the Noldor's return.

The First Age began when the sun rose for the first time, no?

By the way, the abc choices of some of the questions are out of order, and one is abb instead of abc.

There appears to be no way to check the answers, it's pass or not.

The way this test is set up doesn't really make it seem to be worth going on with — disappointing.

—Lotho

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
I thinkt that the question actually asks which Battle starts in the First Age...

As for the answers, when you take a level, in the end there're shown the questions you have gone wrong and if there are NO questions it means they are ALL right. But if there are there're also marks which show which are the correct ones and which are the wrong you have chosen. That's it.
The quiz has it's mistakes as every machine and we will fix them , but it checks your knowledge and definetely is worthy doing!!!!!

But it's up to you, if see it pointless, then just stop taking it. We'll enter your Apprentice Rank in the Member List.

Barliman Butterbur

Worthy Keeper/Bree Roué
Reaction score
Originally posted by Finduilas
I thinkt that the question actually asks which Battle starts in the First Age...

As for the answers, when you take a level, in the end there're shown the questions you have gone wrong and if there are NO questions it means they are ALL right. But if there are there're also marks which show which are the correct ones and which are the wrong you have chosen. That's it.
The quiz has it's mistakes as every machine and we will fix them , but it checks your knowledge and definetely is worthy doing!!!!!

But it's up to you, if see it pointless, then just stop taking it. We'll enter your Apprentice Rank in the Member List.
I guess I got everything right on the first test then, because it just said that I passed.

Well, maybe I should wait until I get well. It's hard to move myself to to what's required right now. I'll probably feel better later.

—Lotho

Lhunithiliel

FĂ«anorean
Reaction score
Hmmm... What you're reporting seems more like some technical problems...But I will check it all. I promise!

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lotho_Pimple
I guess I got everything right on the first test then, because it just said that I passed.

—Lotho
Yes, I took the Apprentice too and without mistakes. Your situation is the same. If nothing shows up then you have no mistakes. Congratulations.:)

Lhunithiliel

FĂ«anorean
Reaction score
Lotho, now everything should be OK with the Quiz. I checked it and corrected what mistakes and faults I could see.

Give it a try. :)

Morgoth

Bauglir
Reaction score
I passed Journeyman! There's a problem with the program that quiz runs on though. All the times i've done it, it says i've failed, even though i haven't, and when I go back to check on the quiz main menu, it says I passed. Most peculiar :confused:

Lhunithiliel

FĂ«anorean
Reaction score
Hmmm....:confused:
Do you have access to the next level?
If you do, then it's all right.
But I'll see to it.

Morgoth

Bauglir
Reaction score
What do you mean access to the next level? :confused:
I've always been able to access all the tests, if thats what u mean.
Anyway, I'm a journeyman now, so i'm happy.

Barliman Butterbur

Worthy Keeper/Bree Roué
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lhunithiliel
Lotho, now everything should be OK with the Quiz. I checked it and corrected what mistakes and faults I could see.

Give it a try. :)
Okay, thanks. Now — How do I get there?:eek:

—Lotho

Lhunithiliel

FĂ«anorean
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lotho_Pimple
Okay, thanks. Now — How do I get there?:eek:

—Lotho
LOL :D

Follow the white rabbit ;)

BTW, I passed the Journeyman (again! :p :D) and it was OK! It just said I passed and I could go to the nex level. Where is the problem?:rolleyes:
However, I PM-ed the software developer to check it too.

Barliman Butterbur

Worthy Keeper/Bree Roué
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lhunithiliel
LOL :D

Follow the white rabbit ;)

BTW, I passed the Journeyman (again! :p :D) and it was OK! It just said I passed and I could go to the nex level. Where is the problem?:rolleyes:
However, I PM-ed the software developer to check it too.
Thank you, thank you! I bookmarked the page so I won't have the trouble again. And if I run into any more burps or hiccups, I'll let you know.

—Lotho

Ăšlairi

Crying in the Wilderness
Reaction score
Put me up for an Expert testing. ;) I may not pass, as I haven't really bothered with all the Letters of JRRT, if it requires the knowledge of them all, then I'll just forget the test altogether! Perhaps a list of the knowledge required (criteria) would indeed be of use.

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Ăšlairi said:
Put me up for an Expert testing. ;) I may not pass, as I haven't really bothered with all the Letters of JRRT, if it requires the knowledge of them all, then I'll just forget the test altogether! Perhaps a list of the knowledge required (criteria) would indeed be of use.
Well, you go and take it.;)
You don't have to be in a list to take it. If you pass it,however, your mark will be written down in the Member List Thread.

For Expert you need a wide knowledge on HOME and the Letters. Of course, before the Expert level you have to pass the other tests, otherwise you don't have access.;)

Good luck and imform us of the results.:)

Ăšlairi

Crying in the Wilderness
Reaction score
So, where can I take the tests? Also, I noticed indeed that my testing period ended yesterday, but I haven't been tested yet, unless it is indeed a test of presence here in the Guild, in which case I obviously failed. However, you need to forgive me, I needed the time to go over some of the texts and get the feel of it all again.

Thread suggestions