🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Testings and Rankings- PLEASE READ

Úlairi

Crying in the Wilderness
Reaction score
Finduilas said:
Hmm...here's the link of the link of the Quiz.:)

http://www.thetolkienforum.com/showthread.php?t=12976

When you click on QUIZ it is supposed to open the page with the quizes for every rank. But there seems to be some kind of mistake, I can't open it. Lhun? :confused:
Yeah, I already tried that a long time ago, but it wasn't even working then. That Quiz hasn't been working for ages! ;)

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
I am truly sorry for this inconvenience!
I have talked to the software developer - Beorn about it and he said that with all the changes in TTF we shall have to wait a bit more for the Quiz to start functioning again. :(

We shall have to show understanding and patience.

Also, I am preparing some changes... some updates of the questions in various levels. I am too waiting to be allowed to the Administration pannel of the Quiz to start working on them.

Patience, my "brother"! ;) :)

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
Haven't been here for a little while...
But now... little by little, I'm recalling all that I used to know about T. and Middle-earth...
In this case...
I'm "dropping off" my rank...

I'm free... rank free...

:D

Úlairi

Crying in the Wilderness
Reaction score
Lhunithiliel said:
I am truly sorry for this inconvenience!
I have talked to the software developer - Beorn about it and he said that with all the changes in TTF we shall have to wait a bit more for the Quiz to start functioning again. :(

We shall have to show understanding and patience.

Also, I am preparing some changes... some updates of the questions in various levels. I am too waiting to be allowed to the Administration pannel of the Quiz to start working on them.

Patience, my "brother"! ;) :)
Indeed, my apologies, I seem to have an affinity for jumping to conclusions. ;)

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Well,Ulairi,you can share your ideas with our two beautiful ladies-Lhun and Findi and they will take care of the Quiz.
I am glad somebody wants to improve the question.As a matter of fact we need to change the questions permanently,in order to make the Quiz more interesting.
Let's first fix the Quiz,and then we can talk about the new questions,I would be glad if I receive a list with possible new questions. :)

Scatha

The dragon of wrath
Reaction score
The number of questions should be drastically improved upon and the questions on the different books be picked at random, so no two tests are similar. This will increase the level of difficulty and prevent the 'cheat factor' of writing down the correct answers. :)

Úlairi

Crying in the Wilderness
Reaction score
Or, we could have the same questions, but create a 'programmed jumbler' in which it rotates the questions in a random fashion for each section. Might be easier than organizing a million different tests, and it would throw a few people off. How do they write down the correct answers anyway? Unless you give it to them!

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
I know what you mean,but I am afraid that it will be difficult to create such a "programmed jumbler".It will depends on Beorn and the software.
As Lhun said the Qiuz will not be working for at least a month,so we can use this time to make new questions,ideas etc.

Úlairi

Crying in the Wilderness
Reaction score
Gil-Galad said:
I know what you mean,but I am afraid that it will be difficult to create such a "programmed jumbler".It will depends on Beorn and the software.
As Lhun said the Qiuz will not be working for at least a month,so we can use this time to make new questions,ideas etc.
Guess I won't be a real Tolkienologist until sometime next year then! I have my last year of High School coming up and will have to give this all up for a year too! I go back to school in a week! ;)

Manveru

Reaction score
Gee, Úlairi, don't know what to say...
... and you've contributed so well on the boards.
Geesh...

I'll just shut up...;)

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Ok, here is the next portion of Tolkienologists...;)

First of all, let me most cheerfully welcome celebdraug and MorgothsBane!!!! Great work and contributions guys...(and girls;))!
Welcome aboard! :)
So that means you're in.You can include in your signature: a member of the Guild of Tolkienology! ;)

Now, we also accept Shaky_the_Mohel, but with the condition that he will be more active. He has proven to be a great member with a vast knowledge and therefore he deserves to be a Tolkienologist, definetely. :)
Welcome and have a nice time with us! :)

As for the other member, I'm afraid that Thingol hasn't been active at all...:(
He only applied and then left the Guild. :(
If he wants he can reapply and we will accept him if he's active after the next one-month testing period.
I hope you will, Thingol.

So, that's all upto now.
To the new members....: WELCOME!!! :D

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Newbies?Greenies?!!!! :D :D

Welcome!!!Now you are real members of the Guild of Tolkienology.Please,put in your signatute:Journeyman,expert,appretice(the rank you have) Member
of the Guild of Tolkienology

Manveru

Reaction score
Or just leave "no rank" next to it... doesn't matter, right?;) :D
It's that what "resides" in your head that really matters...:)

WELCOME, WELCOME!

:D

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have some bad news and one good. :(

First of all, let me start with the good one. I'm most happy to welcome again our friend Thingol, who after many problems with his dial-up connection is back and ready to participate. He's now on his testing period, starting from today, so say Welcome and good luck! ;):)

Now the bad news. Two of the members applied for a membership are not accepted due to lack of activity, Belegmacar and Lotho_Pimple. We all despise denying membership but those two members didn't participate ectively in the Guild's matters, and I feel free to say that they didn't participate at all. This is not the way to become a member of the Guild of Tolkienology. I hope that they'll reconsider and reapply and then be active so that they become a part of our big family. I trully hope so...
Please, friends, come back.:(

Morgoth

Bauglir
Reaction score
Sorry I havent posted much of late, I have been very busy with Maths coursework, but I promise to be spending alot more time here in days to come (especially during my 2 1/2 month summer holiday!). With regard to the test, I believe that the Sr. Journeyman test questions should be made a leetle bit harder, as I nearly passed it first time, a rank which I do not believe I earned, when comparing my knowledge to others who have that rank. With regard to testing, when I used to be a member last year, testing was done based on msn, or another instant messenger service. I know this might make testing difficult for some members, but I think it would be worthwhile considering. Unless I've missed a really big reason for not doing this, in which case I apologise in advance for bringing this up :D

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Do not worry Morgoth,we all have real-life problems :)
Now you have all the time you want to enjoy GoT :)
At the moment the Quiz is not working due to the changes made by WM,but when Beorn fixes it we will make new question for the Quiz and they will be really difficult.

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Yes, Morgoth, I hope everything's fine now and you got an excellent mark with that Maths.;) (I know this Maths,gosh,it's hard isn't it?;) I'm in a Mathematical School...;)).
So, when you're ready, come and join a debate! :D

Thread suggestions