🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The 'AUTOBIOGRAPHY' Thread!!!

Ancalagon

Quality, not Quantity!
Reaction score
Stop! Who goes there?

Me, I am Ancalagon.

Last edited:

Beorn

In the shadows
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I'm Mike B. I got on the old board the day it closed as Mike. I'm not Michael or Mikey, but Mike....got it? That I hate.... I'm 14 Ok....So....I'm on Long Island, and as I said a couple minutes ago, I hate it here. I'm moving to North-East Penn., when I have the money. Umm, I really really really value trust, and sometimes I'm a bit screwy. I think I'm making this worthwhile....I'm goin into 9th grade in [The "S" word]. I'm into Photography, and currently building a darkroom in my basement. I haven't take any 'Poster Shots,' but some pretty good ones. If I had a bit more money (and patience), I could makes some really nice pics. I'm also into Model Railroads, as I have a 7 x 11 'Train Table.' I'm gonna be putting track down in a couple weeks. Now, I'm forming terrain, and painting it.

That's about it...

C

cid

Hi !, I was kind of a newbie on the old forum, I guess I´m beeing a newbie here ;). My real name is José, I´m a Ecuadorian living in Copenhagen, Denmark. (It´s a very long tale, I won´t borre u)
I work in IT stuff, and I have to be sincere, I didn´t know anything about J. R. R. Tolkien and his brilliant job, you have to understand that my native language is Spanish, I would know more about "El Cid Campeador" or "Don Quixote de La Mancha", but know I have found out about this awsome books!!, I just finished TFOTR, and I´m ready to start T T T.
I´m looking to discuss Tolkien´s work with you all fair people.

PS, forgive my English please, It´ll be getting better though ;)

G

Gryphon

I am 16 year old guy living in Kansas City. I was sorta a newbie on the old site. I got in to LOTR when my old friend sat me down and said not to get up intell I finished reading the book he cave me(FOTR). Since then I have read the series 3 times. I like almost anything that has to do with ME and am a ringer. Peolpe who I dislike are ones that think that they are better than anyone else. but other than that I can make friends with anybody. I am on my way on starting a sword collection but it is a very expencive hobby.

R

ReadWryt

Well...I'm just this guy, you know? I'm 39...I've been mucking about with computers since 1977, been playing around online since around 1980 and have ALLWAYS been known my this screwed up handle, so I decided to use it here instead of picking a really COOL name from the body of Tolkien's writings.

I've been a fan of Tolkien and have been reading his works since around 1970 and am known to have heated debate with the webmaster about anything that makes the veins in his forehead throb visually for no other reason other then that it amuses me.

Talierin

Still here... sometimes
Reaction score
Katy, 16, Colorado.
Love anything to do with medieval ages, Tolkien, 20's.
Love oldies, Loreena McKennitt, ABBA
Fave movie until FOTR comes out is Thoroughly Modern Millie.
Also like to read stuff by Robin McKinley, Patricia McKillip, Brian Jacques, CSLewis, many others.
Hobbies: Drawing, Reading, Writing, Computer, Archery, Stunt Kiting, if my kite decides to work.
I hardly ever stay mad at anyone longer than ten minutes, which can be a good thing or bad. Teenage "girly girls" tick me off.

Mike, you're scaring me. My dad's side of my family all have an interest in photography and trains. My grandma's house used to have a darkroom, as well as a gigantic train set that went through three rooms.

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
If you do not wish to read the following, you can always check out my profile! :)

14, male, live in southern Finland. I lived the first 9 years of my life in England, and I attend an international school: so I can read and write English & Finnish really well ( I think so, anyway). My other hobbies are airsoft shooting, archery (glad I was an inspiration, Ancalagon!) reading, writing and cycling.
I was known as Pontifex Cactus at the old site, but the 'Cactus' was a bit lame, so that's gone now.
I love anything to do with the Middle- and Dark Ages, and Tokien etc.
er, that's about it! :D

Rosie Cotton

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a 15 yr. old girl from NJ. I have an older sister, a cat, and a dog. I play the cello, and twice a year my life is consumed by drama rehersals. I love Tolkien (obviously), and I love theatre which is why I do drama. I also am a clown. No seriously, I belong to a Christian clown troop that puts on shows for local nursing homes, and schools for disabled children. It's a really cool group, and even though I took a break from it this past year I'm definately joining again this year. It's very interesting to learn more about everyone here. Good idea Ancalagon! :D

whiterider

Reaction score
i am 15 years old .I am Irish .
My interests include tolkiens works reading ,sports such as soccer hurling + gaelic football.My fav band is REM

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
I am 14 and live in New Jersey. I play the guitar, am in a band, and enjoy reading Tolkien. Like Mike I am about to enter 9th grade. And I also like REM. Other musical interests-Nirvana, Pearl Jam (The whole grunge sound), and some evil rock.

H

hiku747

i'm erin, 17 year old leo. ive been a fan of tolkien ever since i was 4 years old. im currently re-reading lotr for the movie and my own personal enjoyment of course!, then moving on to the similarion (sp, sorry i spell like poop!), the unfinished tales and history and shaping of middle earth. im really into photography and i LOVE to downhill ski!!

G

Galraen

I am a 14 years old girl from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I love playing hockey, drawing and reading fantasy books.
I like Sui Generis, Los Piojos, Fabulosos Cadillacs and Charly García. Of course many of you might not know these music groups because they are Argentinian groups, but anyway, it's what I like. I was in the old forum, where I had around 200 posts :( all lost now!!
I enjoy watching movies and going to the theatre. I also love musicals (specially Cats).
I expect these new forums to be better than the last one, I mean, the other were very good so, lets see what happens with these ones.;)

E

Eowyn

Hi, I'm from Spain and I'm 37, I've been a Tolkien fan for about 21 years, ever since my english teacher started reading The Hobbit to us in class,he also lent me The Lord of The Rings (Thanks awfully Adrian).I'm new in the board and really happy to meet you, for no one I know has REALLY read Tolkien. I have a 10 year old daughter whom I'm trying to introduce to The Hobbit, but so far she is a Harry Potter fan, even so I don't despair!
I like music, reading, but I don't have much time, as I teach and keep house. Oh, and I am female.

A

Archer

Yikes, I ment to post earlier since I joined but I got side tracked with some other things ^_^ So a little about Archer...
First off, I'm a girl. My sex has been questioned on other boards, many believe me as a guy so just to let ya'll know, I'm not.
I'm 15 years old, and live in ol Michigan. No where special...dang. Other than that, I can read real well, draw, and write. I'm a sports person, I play basketball and a bit of hockey. So thats it, me, Archer. ^.^

Tar-Ancalime

Dark Queen of Mordor
Reaction score
I'm back

Hi, It's me Celerbrian. I was given a big shock when comming back to this forum and finding i no longer existed. As a dedicated old member, I was slightly confused at first but now I all understand. Oh well. I live in the midwest of USA. My time is rationed because of scholl and I'm proud to be called a Ringer

Asha'man

No Whining!
Reaction score
Greetings all, it is I, the great and powerful Asha'man! :)

I expect most of you remember me from the old boards, but I've changed. Really I have. I'm 16, and mostly into knives, cars, computers and reading voraciously, among other things. I'm trying to get into photography by getting a digital camera soon, so maybe some of you will give me some photo tips. I think I'm pretty good at setting up shots, but haven't followed up on it until now because of the expense of a film camera. But I digress. I live in Denver, CO, in the good old U.S. of A. I will listen to almost any kind of music, notable exceptions being: metal, some rap, and girly music, like J. Lo and Madonna and such. And jazz. Jazz is evil. I'm primarily interested in Irish/Celtic music, though; I took up the fiddle a year or so ago and, though I have yet to make much headway, wish to pursue it much further. Male, by the way.

That's awesome that there are airsofters here! I only have a couple of pistols (springers), but I've played with my similarly armed friends and it's a lot of fun. Paintball is good, too, though pretty expensive. And messy; airsoft you can play around your house, but try shooting paintballs indoors, and..... That's lousy that you're in Finland, Pontifex, I'd love to see your -A4.

I like threads like this; they give one a little more insight into one's fellow board members, allowing one to evaluate what they say more knowledgeably.

Last edited:

Telchar

Someone out there?
Reaction score
I'm 20 years old from near Oslo in Norway. On the old board I was known as Arathorn. My interests are; The works of Tolkien, reading, hiking, movies and history. I'm currently studying history at the University of Oslo.

I was introduced to the Works of Tolkien for about 11 years ago by my grandfather and have since been reading them over and over again. :)

Thorondor

Indie kid to the end
Reaction score
My heart will always be in the land of sky blue wa
Hi, I was Thain Peregrin on the Old Board, but read mostly and posted little. I'm 19, and a sophomore at NDSU. So right now I'm in Fargo at school. But I am from Minnesota. I like to read, watch some tv: the simpsons, South Park, The Daily Show, Son of the Beach, and the History Channel:D Love music, mostly rock: Blink 182, Weezer, Incubus, Godsmack, Linkin Park, P.O.D, et cetera. But I like many other music types like alt, classical, jazz, blues. But I hate "pop" music(N'STINK can fall of the face of the earth).:p Back in High School I could play some intruments, but I haven't for a while now. I also Like Basketball and Football(Futbol Americano not Soccer!) I also enjoy stuff like carpentry, achitechure, and photography. As well as much, much more!

Gothmog

Lord of Balrogs
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I am the Lord of Balrogs and before we find out what effect Dragon fire has (if any) on a Fire Demon. I am 42 years young and live in South Wales UK. I like reading SF, Fantasy, horror and many other types of books. My other interests include Archery (which I used to coach), Aikido and Zen. I first read Tolkin about 20 years ago. I like most types of music from Classical to modern. There's not a lot else to say.;)

F

Frito

Hi i'm frito(nickname) I'm 14, a freshman, love tolkien, reading the hobbit right now. I love Basketball + Football, I like anime, video games, and, of course, fantasy books. I live in Caz New York, a little shit town, that know one has ever heard of before. All i have in this town is my friends, and nothing ever happens. I have a half brother who is 23. Well that's pretty much me.

Thread suggestions