🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Ban Game

Ermundo

Bam!
Reaction score
Objective: Find a reason to ban the person who posted right above you. That's it. Your reason can be as funky or as messed up as you desire. In fact, the funnier, the better.

To the 1st person to post: Why should I, Ermundo, be banned from this message board?

Illuin

Fire On The Mountain
Reaction score
"the annoying flashy things?"
LOL! That was hilarious…I’m still belly laughing as I’m writing this. Flashy things … :D that was really good.

Well nodnarb, since you are a friendly, considerate, active new member in the forum; there is nothing that could possibly warrant banning you.

However, the definition in the “Urban Dictionary” of a “nodnarb” is this:

“A person who, complacently, notes all others’ faults deeming them inferior at all times with repeated and unnecessary insults; to note another’s tribulation or hardships to take away from one’s own”

If that is indeed the origin regarding your username; then banned shall you be! :D

PS - No offense Ermundo - I've warmed up to the flashy thing.

Last edited:

HLGStrider

All Knowing Magic Cat
Reaction score
Illuin is herby banned for using the Urban dictionary when Tolkien had his hand in the Oxford one.

What the heck is an urban dictionary, anyway? A dictionary with public transportation, high crime, and lots of Starbucks?

Ermundo

Bam!
Reaction score
LOL! That was hilarious…I’m still belly laughing as I’m writing this. Flashy things … :D that was really good.

Well nodnarb, since you are a friendly, considerate, active new member in the forum; there is nothing that could possibly warrant banning you.

However, the definition in the “Urban Dictionary” of a “nodnarb” is this:

“A person who, complacently, notes all others’ faults deeming them inferior at all times with repeated and unnecessary insults; to note another’s tribulation or hardships to take away from one’s own”

If that is indeed the origin regarding your username; that banned shall you be! :D

PS - No offense Ermundo - I've warmed up to the flashy thing.
Offense? None taken. In fact, I'm honored that actual feelings would be evoked by my "art." Heck, I'll take a description as blunt as "annoying" any old day. At least someone is paying attention to my avatar, right? In fact, isn't that the whole point of the thing?

Now, if my avatar actually manages to cause a seizure, some deep subconscious reaction, or anything related to that, than, I admit, it would be tight. If nothing else, I would have bragging rights for a whole year. But that hasn't happened yet, as far as I know. Maybe if you stare long enough into the revolving stars, just maybe, you might feel something deep down. I haven't tried it yet (considering my eyesight), but you guys definitely should * smiles suspiciously*......

As for HLGStrider, I think you should be banned since, while I was walking home last night, one of your cats robbed me. It was dark, and I was walking down a narrow alley. Out of nowhere, one of your cats jumped up and tackled me, football style. Ugh, it was horrible. I lay there on the ground, not realizing that I was the victim of a cat burglar, and before I could so much as move a muscle, the beast struck my head, knocking me unconscious. I don't know how long I was out, but when I came around, in the same place but broad daylight, the first thing I did was feel my pocket. It was than that I realized, my passport was gone.

If you have any information, please call
1-800-Iwuzpwd

Starbrow

Tolkien Fan
Reaction score
Ermundo, you should be banned for blaming a cute, little kitty cat. :D I'm sure Elgee's cat would never stoop so low.
It was perhaps some other creature was trying to frame a cat. I know some canines with suspicious backgrounds, starting with our neighbors' dog, RC. He's a wild one, he is. Always throwing his weight around.

Illuin

Fire On The Mountain
Reaction score
by Starbrow
"Ermundo, you should be banned for blaming a cute, little kitty cat. :D I'm sure Elgee's cat would never stoop so low.
It was perhaps some other creature was trying to frame a cat. I know some canines with suspicious backgrounds, starting with our neighbors' dog, RC. He's a wild one, he is. Always throwing his weight around."
;) Ha ha! :p Nodnarb has already banned Ermundo (but he has those thread-starting privileges). How are we going to tie up this loose end with Ermundo…..he runs the thread…yet he has already been banned…..twice! :D

Illuin

Fire On The Mountain
Reaction score
I formally ban HLGStrider by reason of her dyslexia. And hereto; her title from this day forward will authoritatively be recognized by her true unfeigned, unadulterated designation: "D.A. Strider" :D

Narya

~He-he-he~
Reaction score
Ack! Narya has been banned from this planet for not giving me my due credit for the hypnotic avatar.

lol! Boy, that avatar you have is not hypnotic at all. It's giving me a headache! And because of its migraine-inducing effect and for having a deep thought that is not complete (A wise man once said...) you are hereby banned to MARS!

***kzzzzzztttttt!*

Ermundo

Bam!
Reaction score
lol! Boy, that avatar you have is not hypnotic at all. It's giving me a headache! And because of its migraine-inducing effect and for having a deep thought that is not complete (A wise man once said...) you are hereby banned to MARS!

***kzzzzzztttttt!*
Schzaam! I ban you for banning me! Ha ha! I pity the fool dat messes with me. And you, my dear, are today's fool!

By the way, hows the weather in Venus? I myself am not to fond of Mars sub zero temps.

Gilthoniel

Speak to the hand...
Reaction score
I ban Ermundo for overzealously banning Narya from this planet, and for his blatant disregard of two already placed bans.

Illuin

Fire On The Mountain
Reaction score
by Narya
"I ban the Iluin Person above because of that hypnotic avatar and for not answering my query on the gollum thread, post #29 ..."
I apologize. Things happened so fast in that thread that it was hard to keep up. Also, after looking over your post; I fully agreed with your interpretation. As far as the “Lead Defense” thing……no….I’m more like those old heckler dudes on The Muppet Show :p.

Narya

~He-he-he~
Reaction score
I apologize. Things happened so fast in that thread that it was hard to keep up. Also, after looking over your post; I fully agreed with your interpretation. As far as the “Lead Defense”……no….I’m more like those old heckler dudes on The Muppet Show :p.
Oh... okay... I ban you now for not banning the person above you. :D

Narya

~He-he-he~
Reaction score
Schzaam! I ban you for banning me! Ha ha! I pity the fool dat messes with me. And you, my dear, are today's fool!

By the way, hows the weather in Venus? I myself am not to fond of Mars sub zero temps.

Venus? Am not from Venus! Am from FORNAX! And we have nice tropical weather here. :D

Fool? What is that? No! Narya is no fool! Narya is a ring! And therefore cannot be fooled! Harrrrr!

***Kzzzzzzzzaattttttttzzzz***

Ermundo

Bam!
Reaction score
Venus? Am not from Venus! Am from FORNAX! And we have nice tropical weather here. :D

Fool? What is that? No! Narya is no fool! Narya is a ring! And therefore cannot be fooled! Harrrrr!

***Kzzzzzzzzaattttttttzzzz***
I so hope that when you say***Kzzzzzzzzzaattttttttzzzz***, your not threatening me in some abstract way.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................just kidding :).

O yes, I now here by ban you from FORNAX, wherever that is, for the simple reason that ______(fill in the blank)_______. Now, goodnight.

Narya

~He-he-he~
Reaction score
I so hope that when you say***Kzzzzzzzzzaattttttttzzzz***, your not threatening me in some abstract way.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................just kidding :).

O yes, I now here by ban you from FORNAX, wherever that is, for the simple reason that ______(fill in the blank)_______. Now, goodnight.

(in the best Lloyd impression ever)

You can't do that! You can't ban someone with a blank reason! NO. NO. NO.

I hereby ban you to the zone of non-moving avatars!

****INSERT HYSTERICAL GASPING HERE****

Illuin

Fire On The Mountain
Reaction score
Just a reply here (I know I'm a little late...fast moving thread)

by Narya
Oh... okay... I ban you now for not banning the person above you.

I cannot ban Gilthoniel from the forum. It is a poem to Varda; and my lifelong love (and ultimately my profession) has been astronomy. Can’t do it…won’t do it :p.

Thread suggestions