🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Best Gollum/Smeagol quotes

JanitorofAngmar

Serving Evil since FA 1
Reaction score
I was just reading the Quotes thread and I must say I get quite the chuckle out of the Gollum quotes. I would like to add "Dusst!" to the list of:

"Don't want fish."
"Yes, yes we could. Spoiling nice fish, scorching it. Give me fish NOW and keep the nassty chips!"

But other than the fish one, the whole mental image I have of Gollum cowering at Sam's feet and spouting off about how he will turn into "Dusst!" Just cracks me up.

Does any one have any other good Gollum quotes to tickle my fancy?

JoA

DGoeij

Pan Narran
Reaction score
When Gollum faces Faramir, of course. Gollum is by then still holding on to the fish he caught. When Faramir makes perfectly clear to him it will get him in serious trouble, he droppes the fish:

Gollum: "Don't want fish"

R

ReadWryt

`I daresay,' said Sam. 'But where have you been to – sneaking off and sneaking back, you old villain? '

Gollum withdrew himself, and a green glint flickered under his heavy lids. Almost spider-like he looked now, crouched back on his bent limbs, with his protruding eyes. The fleeting moment had passed, beyond recall. `Sneaking, sneaking!' he hissed. 'Hobbits always so polite, yes. O nice hobbits! Sméagol brings them up secret ways that nobody else could find. Tired he is, thirsty he is, yes thirsty; and he guides them and he searches for paths, and they say _sneak, sneak_. Very nice friends, O yes my precious, very nice.'

Sam felt a bit remorseful, though not more trustful. 'Sorry.' he said. 'I'm sorry, but you startled me out of my sleep. And I shouldn't have been sleeping, and that made me a bit sharp. But Mr. Frodo. he's that tired, I asked him to have a wink; and well, that's how it is. Sorry. But where _have_ you been to? '

`Sneaking,' said Gollum, and the green glint did not leave his eyes.

Poor Sméagol...He's so schitzo man, but I love that catty reply.."Sneaking"

JanitorofAngmar

Serving Evil since FA 1
Reaction score
Kind of reminds me

Kinda reminds me of my dog...after he's been bad.

"Sneaking, sneaking, arf, arf!"
"Whimper..."

:D

J

JefftheStrider

One my favorite gollum quotes is-
" No food or rest for poor Smeàgol. He's been sneaking."

The funny thing is that he meant he was to busy too sleep or eat because he was sneaking. It sounds like he's been punished.

It's also funny how gollum worships Frodo. He paws his knees and stuff. Gollum is hilarious.

Moose

Reaction score
Gollum doesn't worship Frodo...

he worships the Bearer of The Ring. It is the power of The Ring that gives him the will to continue.

A quote from Gollum at the Cracks of Doom -- "Wicked Master, wants to hurt Precioussssss!"

Moose

celeste-jo

Reaction score
:D
Gollum is plain twisted. But he is pretty funny, yp! I laughed out loud in the part where Gollum and Sam argue about Gollum "sneaking".

"Tired he is, thirsty he is, yes thirsty. And he guides them and searches for paths, and they say sneak sneak ."

Kementari

Lady Writer
Reaction score
" Cold hard lands,
the bites our hands,
the gnaws our feet.
The rocks and stones
are like old bones
all bare of meat.
But stream and pool
is wet and cool
so nice for feet....
"

Lol!!! poor poor Smeagol.

" No, no oliphaunts. What are oliphaunts ? " :)

Last edited:

JanitorofAngmar

Serving Evil since FA 1
Reaction score
Gollum...who is he really?

Now that I think about it...

Doesn't Gollum kind of sound like Yoda's alcoholic brother who is a bitter drunk??

"Tired he is, thirsty he is, yes thirsty..."

Kit Baggins

Thain Kit I
Reaction score
Gollum is awesome.
LOL, I think my favourite quote has to be the one JanitorofAngmar said at the beginning-
"Give me fish NOW and keep the nassty chips!"
That makes me laugh so much, every time I read it :D .

~Kit :p

R

ReadWryt

When I was in High School we joked about opening a Sushi Restaurant called "Gollum's"...

Janitor, you worry me. It's not the kind of worry like "Keep an eye on that guy, he's dangerous.." worry, it's more like the "Gawd! I thought *I* was the only one who thought things like that!".

I remember sitting and watching the first showing of "The Empire Strikes Back" and saying to my buddy, "If he runs in to a little green guy who talks funny, like in riddles, then I hope the kid doesn't keep the Ring when he finds it!"

JanitorofAngmar

Serving Evil since FA 1
Reaction score
Wow

Gee Read,

That's too bad. Hmm "Empire Strikes Back" or lottery ticket?

Should have gone with the lottery ticket dude! With that kind of foresight! Yeah, I would have $hit my pants after I saw Yoda. Either that or said something to the effect of "If a beautiful woman comes in here and begs to be my lifetime love-slave...yada, yada, blah"

JoA

I take it you liked my poem <he, he, he, he>

Thread suggestions