🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Best of The Best Tournament

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Amm...I have the feeling that Mum really doesn't want to...:(...

In this case, let's do the following: Inder as a leading debator and Mum as his replacement?

Eriol

Estel
Reaction score
Has anyone talked with Inder to see if he would accept it?

If Lhun's decision is final, I think Helcaraxë is a good name.

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
That is not possible Findi,Inderjit will be busy from 10th February till 15th March,then he will not be that active.So the only possibility for him is to be a replcament or even if it is not possible for him to debate I would suggest Helcaraxe to be the replacement.

Of course we have many debators here,but the truth is that only Inderjit,Eriol and Lhun can oppose:Arvedui(Anc-replacement);Aule,Bethelarien(Scatha),Baragund,Nom.
Since Eriol and Inderjit cannot be representatives,the only one who can defend the Guild of Tolkienology's name and honor in the best possible way is Lhun.
Lhun,will you disappoint all of us?? :(

Helcaraxe is a good option for a replacement :).

Lhunithiliel

FĂ«anorean
Reaction score
Oh, please! I wouldn't like to disapoint anyone! :(

The Guild however has marvellous minds! Let's count on them!
If I can help from aside I will! I certainly and most willingly will!

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
I would like to ask the others to choose representative and replacement..From that moment I cannot ask anything else about GoT's team,because I have to take care of the Tournament.

I said what I believe in,that Lhun is the best one here,but since she is not willing to participate,I cannot do anything.

Now it is up to GoT's members.

Last edited:

Lhunithiliel

FĂ«anorean
Reaction score
I don't think what you've just said is fair, G-G.

Now ... if I am made to feel guilty without having guilt whatsoever, this will only make my stay in the Guild very uncomfortable.

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
hey hey hey!!!
you know what i think...? it's getting hot in here... so take off all your clothes... (oops, not a perfect quote;)) and, though it's a very snowy and freezy (but so lovely;)) winter here in my place, i don't need that kind of "warm-up" now (and i'm sure others will agree with me). so... chill out, guys. after all, what's with that tournament anyway? i guess somewhere in those "rules & other stuff" written and invented by the organizers there must be some line (don't know for sure, though;)) that tells it's for FUN... am i right? i guess this rare phenomenon called 'fun' disappears when sth. else is in use... sth. called "force", "push" call it as you wish... it was a lot of fun to fool around with that nominations, but i guess it has gone too far, i mean... it's not 'fun' any more (at least not for everyone;)).
watching carefully what's happening here i don't think we all wanna lose Lhun (or any other member, we're all worthy members, each and every, right?) because of sth. like this... personally i think that Lhun is one of the best debators in this fine guild (no question about that!), but... the best debator i've seen... that's right, it's a big difference... i haven't seen each member debating (and some new and fresh blood came in to these halls lately;)).
in addition... i must say that i'm also not too fond of "pushing" thing and, though i like you Kingy and respect you, i must say that it was really not fair to utter those words...

IT'S ONLY FUN THAT REALLY MATTERS!!

so... pax, peace... and other such things (whatever the language...;))

:D

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Absolutely agree!
Chill out, Pa, we will win anyway! :D

Let's leave our Mum at peace and rest and hand down the opportunity to the 'younger' generation.;)

As has been said many times (and by you too, Pa), Helcaraxe is a good option for a replacement. :)

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
Gil-Galad said:
I apologize for my words,I just want the best for our Guild.
Remember not to harm while trying to help.* ~ Ovid

* - sorry for my humble translation...

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Wise decision, GG, and an even wiser quote, Man.

So, is Helcaraxe accepted by all members as a leading debator?

Lhunithiliel

FĂ«anorean
Reaction score
Ah! Poor wraith! Left without supper with a wonderful and pure Elven soul! The King apologized! Grrrrrr......And the black shadow disperses... ( :p )

Helcaraxe ! Yes!!! And Starflower!

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
All Guilds except for The Guild of Tolkienology chose their two debators.
Who will be GoT's debators.
It seems that Starflower is not online very often.
Final suggestions?
I also hope that the suggested members will confirm their participation ASAP,because the tournament will start very soon.

Aulë

The Larrikin
Reaction score
Gil-Galad said:
All Guilds except for The Guild of Tolkienology chose their two debators.
Who will be GoT's debators.
It seems that Starflower is not online very often.
Final suggestions?
I also hope that the suggested members will confirm their participation ASAP,because the tournament will start very soon.
So when's this thing happening?
Us Periaurians are getting impatient! :D

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
At the moment we are preparing the programme of the debates as well as the topics of the debates.The Rules and the Guildelined of the Judges are ready and posted in private section.Everything will be visible soon. :)
When the Guilds are ready :)
That is why I would like to know GoT's decision.

Helcaraxë

The Grinding Ice
Reaction score
Hmm..When is the debate happening? I am going to Vermont, and I'll be back on Monday. :( My sincere apologies for any inconvienience, but this is sort of a tradition with my family. Again, I'm sorry. :( I'd be happy to participate in the debate when I return. I assume the debate will have some preliminary stuff? I really hope I make it in time.

Starflower

Almost here
Reaction score
Apologies for my recent absence in the Guild activities. I am online every day, but only from work and unfortunately real life has to come first...
I would be happy to aprticipate in the deabte, but I would like to know some details. What is the timetable for this debate? When does it start ? When is it scheduled to end? What is the subject? Where will I find the debate thread should I be deemed suitable to participate? Next opportunity for me to devote time for this is monday next week. If this is alright with everyone else , I will be proud to represent the Guild of Tolkienology in this debate

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Well,the debates will start around 24th February.Please ,Helcaraxe,be prepared to participate in every round because you are the main Representative.
On Sunday the Section will be made visible so you will be able to take a look. :)

Thread suggestions