🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The British Army Barracks Tea-Room

tookish-girl

Pippin's stranger sister
Reaction score
The door swings open. An 89 piece swing orchestra burst in playing "Diamond's are A Girl's Best Friend" Tookish makes her grand enterance on a trapeze:

"Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! There's a spiderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"

She runs out screaming followed by 87 of the swing muscians two of which decide to stay in the corner and see if they can get any free drinks (well, that's what all band members do after gigs isn't it?)

Idril

"Sparkling Brilliance"
Reaction score
*At the scream, Idril slowly and nervously glances into the room* She mutter to herself "that spider's still in here!, I can't get out!"

"HELP! - anyone here? Can someone hold on to that spider, so I can leave!" Idril shouts in a tremulous voice.

*she waits.........*

legoman

Humourous Bombadillian #2
Reaction score
Izzy, you hungry?
Yeah, theres a this Idril in the corner, no one knows her, we wont miss her, just don't leave any evidence alright?
*Izzy nods then turns round*
*Izzy stalks over to Idril who faints*

*Izzy licks Idril*

'Hahahahahaha!!!'

Izzys a vegetarian spider!!!!!!!!!!

Idril

"Sparkling Brilliance"
Reaction score
*Idril slowly regains consciousness with Izzy leaning menacingly over her, licking her face*
"Ar..............."
*Her scream is stiffled in her throat and she backs away, sliding along the floor and dashes back into the loo - locking the door. Someone was out there laughing at her!*

menchu

Reaction score
Menchu watches from her seat.
'Aaah, beautiful creature...' says while approaching the spider.
'where are you from, what continent?'

Frodorocks

Ban - Albannach
Reaction score
*Goes over and pets Izzy* Aww, you're such a cute spider!:) With a tongue to lick Idril with! You must be a big fluke of nature, it's very unusual for spiders to have tongues!:D

Wonko The Sane

Aredhel Ar-Feiniel
Reaction score
The Dark Tower, 'neath the growing threat in the E
Originally posted by legoman
*Legoman looks round*
'Here boy, come on, here boy'
*Izzy bounds over*
'There you go, whos a good boy then, who is who is, you are'
*he lets Izzy drink some of his ribena before finishing it off and signalling the wonks for a fill up*
'Cheers wonks, just fill it up to peters blue coat this time, I'm not to thirsty at the minute'
*Izzy pines*
'Oh OK, fill her all up, Izzy wants some more I think.'
*Wonks grins and fills Legoman's mug up to Peter's blue coat, and Izzy's dish up with Ribena as well.*

There you go!

Izzy's from the dark places of middle earth.

And YES Roxy, he is sort of a strange form of Spider. Vegetarian. No poison glands. And a tongue.
Among other things.

He's a fluke of nature. But not a freak! *scratches Izzy's neck*

*Wonks then gets up and walks towards the loo, she opens the door and call's Idril's name. She finds Idril cowering in one of the stalls, with the door shut. Taking Idril by the hand she leads her through the door and up the stairs to the rooms above the bar.*

Here. Lie down for a while to compose yourself and then if you wish to leave you can go down the back stairs at the opposite end of the hallway along the inn bedrooms.

*Wonks then pulls a small vial from her magic pockets*

Or you could take this, and come down and meet Izzy.

*Idril reads the label out loud*

"Liquid Courage"

*Wonks smiles and nods.*

It's not alcohol, but it does give you courage. Take this and you'll find yourself ready to conquer anything. Even Izzy. ;)
And when it wears off you'll find that you aren't afraid of him anymore.

*Wonks grins*

Now to find Tookish...

Idril

"Sparkling Brilliance"
Reaction score
*Idril sits up, partial recovered from her ordeal and looks dubiously at the vial Wonks gave her*

Hmm...

*opening the bottle, a foul smell fills the room. Should she trust Wonks? She hardly knows her...., but she has been very kind. She lifts the bottle and after taking a deep breath, drinks the vile smelling liquid*

Hmm.. tastes like Ribena with a bit of something else.

*she lies back and waits for the mixture to take effect,........and waits......and waits*

Maybe you don't feel any difference.

*She shrugs her slim shoulders and heads downstairs to test the 'courage'*

*She confidently opens the door and steps into the room. There were a couple of people in the room, but no Izzy. Idril was feeling remarkedly calm inlight of the fact she may see a giant spider any minute. Her book was still lying face down on the table she had sat at the day before. She took her seat and waits for Wonks.........and Izzy.

Wonko The Sane

Aredhel Ar-Feiniel
Reaction score
Wonks returns from outdoors and searcing for Tookish.

"I can't find her anywhere!" she exclaims. She lets out a sigh and then shrugs. As she walks in the door Izzy comes bounding in behind her.

Legoman laughs and points. "Maybe that's why! There's no way Tookish would come out of hiding with Izzy following you around."

Wonks throws her head back and laughs as she bends down to scratch Izzy behind the ears. As she stands she sees Idril back at her customary table. She raises an eyebrow in question, waiting for some signal from Idril that it's alright for her and Izzy to approach.

Idril

"Sparkling Brilliance"
Reaction score
*Idril sees Wonks and Izzy and waits for the panic to take over, but nothing happens and exclaims*

Wow! That stuff you gave me is amazing! I don't feel any panic or fear of Izzy. I can't believe it - I've been scared of spiders for ever.

*she signals for Wonks to come over and bring Izzy*

*Wonks approaches with excited Izzy bouncing up and down. Warily Idril lifts her hand and scratched Izzy's chin*

Amazing
*Idril mutters. After a moment she then smile at Wonks and thanks her enthuisatically*

Wonko The Sane

Aredhel Ar-Feiniel
Reaction score
Wonks grins proudly.

"I'm so pleased it worked!! Now you can play with Izzy and never be afraid!! He's really sweet. I'm glad you can be friends."

Wonks pats Izzy's back.

"Now if only I could find Tooksih..."

Hehe.

I had a spider toy when I was younger. It was a rubber spider and I put a string on it and I played on the stair landing at my grandma's house. I'd set it on the bottom step and then pull on the string and have it dance and stuff trying to scare people.

That spider was named Izzy too. :) Hehe. I wonder why...

legoman

Humourous Bombadillian #2
Reaction score
Yea, I had a plastic one once, I threw it onto my sisters shoulder, she screamed, I got told off. I don't remember seeing it again.

haha, Tookish'll be back, she likes it in here too much...

tookish-girl

Pippin's stranger sister
Reaction score
*suddenly all the lights in the tea-room go off. The door is lit by a single spot, a voice speaks:*

"And now, the entrance you've all been waiting for, the re-emergence of the Tookish-girl"

*thunder peels outside, lightnings cracks open the skies*

"After her one week trip around the sprawling metropolis that is Hull, England, she returns"

*lightning strikes the barracks, everyone screams, the spotlight goes out and the voice stops working*

Tookish walks in soaked from the rain (well if it's thundering and lightning, it's raining too!)

"Sorry, everyone, couldn't be bothered to stand out there waiting for my introduction, I just want a cup of cocoa to warm me up"

*She wanders in warming her hands,*

"I really wanted to do a big entrance, I imported a troop of Cornish dwarfs to head bang to Queen music and everything. h well, never mind what have I missed?"

*She perches on a stool, looks about her sees the giant spider, falls backwards off the stool and gets knocked out cold*

Wolfshead

Formerly CraigSmith
Reaction score
*Slowly emerges from behind a large ribena barrel*

Well, as far as I can tell life goes on much has it has done this past age. No, that's some film with a wizard and a short guy with busy hair :rolleyes:

Not a lot, really, in answer to your question. Or not that I've noticed, at any rate.

Idril

"Sparkling Brilliance"
Reaction score
*Idril jumps up as Tookish-Girl falls of her stool and rushes over, shooing Izzy away.*

She gently lifts Took's head of the floor resting it on her lap and she gently fans her clammy head with her big book - trying desperately not to drop it on her head.*

*Tookish-Girl, stirs and turns to look for the spider*
"He's not here, let me help you up. I'm not sure where Wonks is but I'm sure she'll not mind us using her room upstairs."

*Idril glares at CraigSmith as he seemed to be ignoring them and rambling about something or the other*

*Idril helps Tookish-Girl up and then upstairs.*
"Lie down, I'll go look for Wonks, she has this miracle cure for Arachnaphobia."

*Idril pats Tookish-Girl's hand reassuringly an then hurries out of the room to look for Wonks*

Wonko The Sane

Aredhel Ar-Feiniel
Reaction score
*Wonks emerges from behind the bar and pulls another vial of "Liquid Courage" from her magic pockets. She mounts the stairs and ascends to Tookish's room. She enters, kneels by her bedside and hands her the vial.*

"Here, you take this. It will cure your fears. You'll be ready to conquer anything. Drink it. We'll wait downstairs."

*Wonks takes Idril by the sleeve and leads her out of the room, leaving Tookish to rest.*

Idril

"Sparkling Brilliance"
Reaction score
Well Wonks and I were waiting for Tookish to find her courage to face Izzy. Maybe we should check to see if she has climbed out the upstairs window?:(

Thread suggestions