🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Chamber of The Rangers

Mablung

aka Mablung
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
0
Location
Whither and thither
Well we are all experienced commanders so I doubt we would have troubles leading seperatly. Our numbers are unfortunatly not huge and if we have an overall General it would take a commander out from the midst of the battle. I think that simply coming up with a plan before the battle as a whole would be the best bet.
 

Anamatar IV

Anabadger
Joined
Aug 15, 2002
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
3
Location
Connecticut, USA
Yet another horse was heard in the distance. The rider stopped at the foot of Amon Sul and called aloud in a great voice (since naught but no ranger had yet come down)

The legions of Heren Istarion set out from the Temple some time ago. Them wilt not be here for some days. We bring an extra century of warriors for one reason: to rienforce the weatherhills.

The rider bowed low to the Rangers that had just come outside and mounted his horse.

"Good lords and ladies," said the messenger. "It is not written on the scroll but I will tell you this:

Among the army of Heren Istarion (which is 100 archers and 200 spears men) ride the Council of Heren Istarion. None other than Ingolemo himself will be riding at the head of the army with his banner on one side and a messanger from Arnor on the other." With those last words the rider sped off back from whence he came.
 
Last edited:

EverEve

Back from a long hiatus
Joined
Jan 13, 2002
Messages
770
Reaction score
1
Eve watched the retreating back of the messenger, and said "Pity he did not stay for a moment or so longer. We did not even have the chance to offer him drink and rest, and that poor horse looked as though he could have used a moments peace. At least we know our friends shall be here soon. I suggest we go back in," she said, and turned to go inside.

Once all the Ranger's were settled once again in the Chamber, she turned the topic back to strategy. "We cannot plan for a battle we know nothing of. But considering the size of the Mornclaur Federation, it could very easily be a large scale attack. If that were to be the case, we should leave some people to gaurd Weathertop, and then go into battle together."
 

HLGStrider

All Knowing Magic Cat
Joined
Dec 17, 2001
Messages
7,803
Reaction score
32
Location
Moving on the whim of the military
Elgee puts on a paper crown and hands Nain some puppet strings very good naturedly.

"My warriors are all humans, but not necessarily tall ones. They are skilled in bow and sword but prefer the bow, stealthy men accustomed to fighting in forests."
 
Last edited:

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Joined
Aug 18, 2001
Messages
2,207
Reaction score
2
Location
Baltimore, MD, United States
OOC and Anachronisms

This post will be deleted after a few days, do not respond to it, just read it

Several of you have been adding anachronistic items (i.e.: Dr. Peppers and Root Beer) to your posts. If you read the RP rules, you will see that this is strictly forbidden. Please observer the rules and remain in-character at ALL times while in the Gov't Council Forum.

Some of you may notice that I have edited your posts. You may change them to something that you like more, but remember to make it IC.

Also, Annuminas (the location of the Temple) and Weathertop are about a 100 mile journey, just to let you know.

Thank you.
 

Ecthelion

.................
Joined
Jan 25, 2002
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
0
Location
If I tell you will you come say hi?
Nain spoke to others "We have not much time to plan. When the group of Heren Istarion comes we shall journey north to help from the Mornclaur Fed. that reside up there. We journey after the Heren Istarion's rest. Night is coming so I suggest that soon we all get some rest."
 

Arathin

Sic Lucreat Lux
Joined
Jan 3, 2002
Messages
1,603
Reaction score
0
Location
Practicing Wicca Honorably
An eagle flew through the window again. This one also bore a message.

Fellow Rangers, Weathertop must remain guarded. I have not yet need of my 50 elven archers. If you wish, keep them at the fortess to guard it. I will not, I don't think, need them in this war as much as Weathertop must be guarded. ~Lady Arathin of Mithlond
 

Ecthelion

.................
Joined
Jan 25, 2002
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
0
Location
If I tell you will you come say hi?
Nain read the message aloud and wrote back a quick thank you and good luck letter. "Ok now we have guards for Weathertop, also since Courtney has not come yet her 50 will also help having us 100 men to guard. That should do us well."
 

Mablung

aka Mablung
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
0
Location
Whither and thither
I hope that Courtney has not been waylaid, but that must wait and I agree we all need some rest. Does anyone have anything else to say? Also any guesses as to when the Heren Istarion shall arrive? It would be good of us to to meet them rather than be caught sleeping.
 

HLGStrider

All Knowing Magic Cat
Joined
Dec 17, 2001
Messages
7,803
Reaction score
32
Location
Moving on the whim of the military
"Yes, we have no time to plan," Elgee sighed. "My cats will watch over the castle... Seriously I'd be willing to wager that Ciryher does not want me in his battles... Perhaps I should stay here as well."
 

Anamatar IV

Anabadger
Joined
Aug 15, 2002
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
3
Location
Connecticut, USA
As the Rangers conversed a droning of many hooves were heard. They drew closer and closer. But then they stopped. And a loud voice was heard:

"Hear ye, hear ye-Rangers of Amon Sul. Heren Istarion is come!"
 

Ecthelion

.................
Joined
Jan 25, 2002
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
0
Location
If I tell you will you come say hi?
Men all around the Top cheered at Heren Istarions arrival and The Rangers filed out shaking hands and saying hello. After meeting when things calmed down a bit Nain said loudly, "Rangers, Heren Istairon's, and warriors alike. We go to battle against the evil of the Mornclaur Federation and we will defeat it!" Much cheering was heard and slowly died down, "Now we march north to aid the forces of Arnor for the defeat of darkness is near!" Cheering again. Nain called one of his captains over and spoke "Bring me my steed please Ori." the dwarf ran off to do the deed. Soon Nain's Oliphaunt came around the corner. Nain walked up to it and stroked its side calming. Nain climbed up and sat on his place up top. He took out his great horn and let out a great blast. He and the other 5 Oliphaunt riders rode ahead the armies of The Rangers and Heren Istarion with the great leaders of both alongside. "Not long now," Nain spoke to himself.
 

EverEve

Back from a long hiatus
Joined
Jan 13, 2002
Messages
770
Reaction score
1
Eve soon had Windrider ready. There was a war-saddle on his back, and bridle on his head. He chewed the bit, and gracefully, proudly arched his neck. Around her were her friends and allies, united and one, to destroy an evil, The Mornclaur Federation. O! What a happy day this was, yet it was also lined with fear and sadness. War yet again. If the only good that came out of this was the a strong alliance and new friendships, then maybe all was not lost. 'But Mornclaur Federation will be destroyed, so really, there was nothing to fear.' she thought to herself, and as she did, her spirit lifted and the darkness that had been trying to creep into her heart was banished.
 

Mablung

aka Mablung
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
0
Location
Whither and thither
Lolik made a point to try and meet each of the HI leaders. After that was done he saddled his mount, and made sure all of his provisions were ready. Seeing it was so he started off down the road among the other leaders deep in silence contemplating the battle against the Mornclaur ahead. Looking around he did not doubt that they would come out above the Mornclaurs victorious so many great warriors assembled evil would be won against.
 

Ecthelion

.................
Joined
Jan 25, 2002
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
0
Location
If I tell you will you come say hi?
The army of nearly 1000 had been going for almost a whole day. Night had finally come and the warriors were half way to Fomost Erain where they would meet with the Arnorian forces. Camps were set up for the night and the leaders all met in one larger tent. Nain looked around as all Rangers and Istarions(hope its ok to refer to you guys as that) lunged in the tent talking to one another. Nain sat alone in a chair scanning over recent maps of the warseeing where men are, how many and much else. Nain thought to himself "We have gone about 75 miles today with no rest. Tomorrow we shall be a little more tired so if we leave before noon with one rest we should be there early the day after next." Nain starting scanning his maps again.
 

Mablung

aka Mablung
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
0
Location
Whither and thither
Lolik was looking over Nain's shoulder and frowned. 'If we get too tired we will have alot of trouble if we are besieged soon after arriving. Are you sure it is a good idea. I know haste is needed but if we cannot do our job well then we might as well have not come.'
 

Ecthelion

.................
Joined
Jan 25, 2002
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
0
Location
If I tell you will you come say hi?
Nain turned and looked at Lolik,"the sooner we get there the better, even if we are tired the forces of Arnor will be strong enough for us to rest, thats even if Mornclaur is going to attack within 2 days." He turned to everyone,"Alright everyone get some rest we have a big day ahead of us."
 

Mablung

aka Mablung
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
0
Location
Whither and thither
Lolik nodded to Nain. 'Whatever you think is best.' He then turned and walked off to his own tent enjoying the light of the stars above him for a moment before getting his beddings from inside and laying them in front of the tent and sleeping there rather than inside of it.
 

HLGStrider

All Knowing Magic Cat
Joined
Dec 17, 2001
Messages
7,803
Reaction score
32
Location
Moving on the whim of the military
Elgee rested her head into Badger's back, feeling tired. He purred reassuringly... she sighed. What had she got herself into? She hadn't been in a real battle since the Iron Hills were under attack and she invented frying pan warfare after hitting Ori with an arrow... frying pan warfare was probably not what this was going to be. She sighed.

She then approached Nain.

"You're already leading in action, so I believe that you should lead in name. Not the diplomacy, I think I can handle that, but I never took a strategic weapon class in my life. So this battle is yours... not that it wasn't already, but now you can say it without worrying about my feelings. I'll hang around, but I'm not sure I'll be that much help."
 

Thread suggestions

Top