🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Christian Cup

Lord Sauron

Dark Lord Of Mordor
Reaction score
I don't want to be rude but my answer was no to the beer and wine. If you got a problem with send a pm to me. By the way here is is your mountian dew King aragon

faila

Adopted son of God
Reaction score
Um yeah....does the owner of an establishment choose what he will serve? and also it is arguable that Jesus has no choice and that the wine he drank was not really like the wine today...for instance it was fermented but that was the only way to preserve it, and it probobly wasnt fermented as much... so you could get drunk on it...but it was hard.

Lord Sauron

Dark Lord Of Mordor
Reaction score
Thank you for writting that. So the vote is no beer or wine shall be sold here.

Lord Sauron

Dark Lord Of Mordor
Reaction score
yes we are and there is no beer or wine that will be sold here and that is final.

Lord Sauron

Dark Lord Of Mordor
Reaction score
Okay if you aggre that no beer or wine shall be sold put a thumbs up. If you dissagre put a thumbs down. I will tally the thumbs saturday.

Dáin Ironfoot I

Vive la revolution!
Reaction score
I dont think you need to have votes if you own the tavern. Just say you dont have an alcohol selling license! :)

But I do not think you should label alcohol as sinful... it is one of life's natural pleasantries.

Dáin Ironfoot I

Vive la revolution!
Reaction score
That had absolutely nothing to contribute to why you all think alcohol is so horrible. Of course its bad when youre drinking to get drunk, to release all your problems through a bottleneck tube. But there is an actual art to wine and other alcoholic beverages, which is not only elegant and cultured, but it also sparks intelligent conversations and contributes a lot to certain societies.

Saucy

In love.
Reaction score
i suppose, but its not worth arguing...someone poor this dude some wine :rolleyes:

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
faila said:
Um yeah....does the owner of an establishment choose what he will serve? and also it is arguable that Jesus has no choice and that the wine he drank was not really like the wine today...for instance it was fermented but that was the only way to preserve it, and it probobly wasnt fermented as much... so you could get drunk on it...but it was hard.
"Well, I will give you and 'A' for effort...but I don't buy that one bit. Actually the fact is wine back then was generally much stronger, or at least I have been told by many a wine expert...and I do know lots of them in real life.

It is my belief is that anything in moderation is ok....it is when you are excessive or abusive of any one thing...that is when it becomes sinful and harmful. Perhaps, as the resident adult here...I could teach you kids a thing or two about how to drink responsibly.

You see I have a problem people who promote prohibition...because there is no tolerance involved in it....with no tolerance...there is no forgiveness, and therefore very very un-Jesus-like."

Lord Sauron

Dark Lord Of Mordor
Reaction score
I've said it before there is no beer or wine going to be sold here. I don't want to say anything is wrong with your believes. But I don't think that this is right. If you have a problem, please send me a pm.

That is Final, subject is dead.

King Aragorn

Reaction score
I vote thumbs up. I don't drink, and I never will. I don't want the effects of alcohol in me. I respect my body as a temple of God to drink or smoke.

I agree with Evenstar, what about other things? Do you think that things like sex are okay in moderation and out of wedlock?

Thread suggestions