🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Christian Cup

Dáin Ironfoot I

Vive la revolution!
Reaction score
Wine tasting and casual drinking is not leading you astray anywhere. Alcohol can lead you astray after... oh, lets say... twelve shots of vodka and beer-bonging. Not that I've ever done that... ;)

This is why moderation is key, as Elbe so wonderfully pointed out. Alcohol as itself is not sinful, it is over-consumption which can lead one astray from God's word and hence, is not wise. There is no damaging the temple of God from a few drinks, that is, if you can handle it. Everyone has a different tolerance level and fortunately mine is very high. If you are trying to tell me that the actual consumption of alcohol - no matter how small - is sinful (as it is somehow damaging the temple of your body) then I hope you know that you are in effect condemning most of Europe and other places in the world where wine is a normal, everyday drink with dinner.

We are all Christians here and while I respect your beliefs, I find it interesting the rift between us Catholics and Protestants. I like a good debate, but I also encourage an open mind. But perhaps I'm taking you all too gravely- are you indeed saying that any alcohol is sinful, or that only the overconsumption of alcohol is sinful? That biblical quote seems to support only the latter opinion, with which I would agree with you - to an extent.

Lord Sauron

Dark Lord Of Mordor
Reaction score
Hi. It is lord sourn but now it will be a different name because it would not let me sign in as lord sourn. Belive me. look at my signiture

Evenstar373

Travler!!!
Reaction score
I do think that any achol is sinful. and Im not condeming anyone. Whats a Protestants is it the same as Prypertain ( I cant spell that word Lourd Saurn help me with that word) ? In my church (Iron station Church Of God ) We do not belive in consuming achol at all thats all Im saying.

King Aragorn

Reaction score
I know how alcohol can affect people. My dad used to drink, and then he would just lie on the couch and sleep, while I'm left to entertain myself.

Like I said before, I respect my body too much to put stuff into it that can eventually hurt me.

Lord Sauron

Dark Lord Of Mordor
Reaction score
Look I don't want to be rude but can we all just drop the subject. mI don't belive in it. can you just take something else instead of beer or wine.

Lord Sauron

Dark Lord Of Mordor
Reaction score
I am sorry If I have affected all of you in anyway. But please I beg you all for forgivenes. It says in the bible to not let the sun go down on your anger. I know you all may not be mad at me, but the reason I mad this was to invite people that may be lost and share the love of Christ to them. Please i beg you I don't want my dream go down the drain of sharing christ over the internet. and if you all could help me share christ over the internet not just by this but by im, pm, or email I will gladly be thankful. But I would still like all of you to still post on The Christian Cup. Thanks.
Lord Sauron

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
I honestly was not trying to take away from your "dream", but I'm just trying to help you realize that by being closed minded about something you really don't understand, is actually promoting more hatred and evil than good. It worries me when someone promotes Christianity with the perspective of no tolerance. I find that kind of preaching as dangerous as the teachings of devote Muslims. Balance is key...love god and be forgiving...but be understanding of other cultures and religious practices.

Lord Sauron

Dark Lord Of Mordor
Reaction score
King Aragorn is right. I do understand all about it. But I had asked a good christian and they told me to look at the whole book of Proverbs. and I am telling you the same thing and when you find something i would like all of you to write the verse and what you learned. It will be that easy.

Dáin Ironfoot I

Vive la revolution!
Reaction score
Im not mad at anyone... Ive been on vacation! Im fine with your decision not to serve *imaginary* alcohol and I severely doubt anyone was truly angry about that. I am a Catholic, and I love my religion, but I don't spend too much time on TTF anyways...

Evenstar373

Travler!!!
Reaction score
I am not mad at anyone and if anybody is mad at me I send my depest apogies. I understand that it is your choice to drink beer or wine and I respect that and your religions.

Lord Sauron

Dark Lord Of Mordor
Reaction score
Okay since everyone is said their apoligies. does anyone want a drink or a place to stay?

G

greypilgrim

*walks in*
"Hi, can I get a mug-o-1420? And a regular ol' sandwich please!"

Thread suggestions