🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Court of Last Battle by R.C. Black - My Own High Fantasy - Novella - IN the Works!

CirdanLinweilin

The Wandering Wastrel
Reaction score
Hi All!

So, instead of the High Fantasy Novel first, I am starting my High Fantasy with a Novella called: "The Court of Last Battle", with the same High Fantasy Character as in the novel.

Here's my starting description for the story:

"Starved...
Cold...
Frozen to the Bone and Jagged at the Core...
Sleeping in literal fox dens, falsely accused, will a dreaded Trial by Combat save the life of a young drifter by the name of Branwen? And will old Royal secrets and acts of banditry destroy the reputation of the Greatest Archer in Arundur? Branwen must use all her wits, tricks, and skills of survival to ensure her reputation is saved and more importantly her life, in the dreaded tundra and sleet capped mountains of Laurion."

Let me know what you think so far!

Coming soon!

CL

CirdanLinweilin

The Wandering Wastrel
Reaction score
Because I'm nice:

Happy New Years! :D :D :D

“Now, it be the Bounty Hunters that smell not, not a clip, only way to avoid them is to hear, and do that like a hare!” said Branwen, half to herself, half to the foxes still below. She climbed, or, rather scampered out of the foxhole, but not before Father Fox, or as Branwen calls him, Gareth of the Hole, appeared suddenly, and motioned her to hush, but not move.

“Listen, girl, listen well, and acutely, use those hare ears of yours, and silent as a serpent!” Branwen could almost hear gruffly and with a deep accent, not unlike that of her Bakirin ranger clan back in the South and West of Arundur. Almost a smile crested her lips, but it did not make it to maturity.

“Make thine way to Grâcu, the capital town, and be ready to be accosted, and mark thee well, they will not be….gentle, use any means necessary, there are bounty hunters from Rivali, searching for you Daughter of the Dusky Bird.” Spoke Gareth of the Hole, gently, but with great urgency.

“Am I unknown anywheres?” Branwen laughed. “Very well, if the city wants crimson Rivali blood staining their homes, they can sanctify their town with it! Ar argaidh! is féidir le morrigan glacadh leo! Morrigan can accept them!” Branwen spoke with rage of the Rivali, ancient ruddy-faced pirates of the Corrigan East. They are rivals and enemies to the Arunduran Continent, and are traders with the Rûs, wild and uncontrollable beasts of Veoden, to the far West and South.

“Branwen stood up out of the crevice, all donned in her brown fur, hidden scaled armor of the Airanic, and long, crimson cloak of the Thorn, a sage like cult that rescued her out of the Blizzard separating the Arunduran West from the frigid North. Then, she smelled something far off. Bless her maternal senses.

“The Yeush. Traders from the South. Slavers of my people. Chasers of coin, retarded bastards!”

“It will be a slaughter.”

“Thou art the most treasured of quarries, Branwen.”

“I am no mere Stag, Gareth of the Hole” Branwen spoke frighteningly

“I am a Hunter.” Branwen spoke humbly."

CL

Last edited:

Thread suggestions