The Tolkien Forum

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Critter in the Troll's Pocket

baragund

Brother in Arms
Reaction score
Remember when Bilbo tried to pick the troll's pocket, and there was some kind of critter in there guarding the troll's wallet that squeaked " 'Ere! Oo are You!"? What was that critter?

FrankSinatra

Chairman Of The Board
Reaction score
Well

Talking wallets?

I always imagined the troll to say 'Ere who are you'?

And that 'trolls wallets being the problem' were because trolls were difficult to mug.

Anyone have a quote?

Arvedui

Stargazer
Reaction score
I wish I could get my wife a wallet like that, and set it to react after a certain amount of money has been spent.:D

BlackCaptain

Vast Menace of Despair
Reaction score
Hmm.... Well I never even knew that there was anything in his pocket besides a regular wallet until now.... Cool! Thats a funny twist...

FrankSinatra

Chairman Of The Board
Reaction score
Hmmmmm.

I had never noticed that before!

Thanks for pointing it out!

Last edited:

elfearz

wandering spirit
Reaction score
hmm how funny!

I always thought that it was the troll who said that. I guess I didn't read it carefully enough. Thanks for posting this, I probably would have never noticed!

Feanorian

Reaction score
This is one of those things that you dont remeber as much as you would Bilbo sneaking out of the cave but it is a interesting little tid bit.

Kinda like that random fox who walks by the hobbits in the woods in FOTR.

Captain

Ramble On!
Reaction score
Trolls seem a lot more manlike in Hobbit and LOTR than the movie. Anothere example of overkill.

darkG

Reaction score
I didn't recall if it was the wallet or the pocket that spoke, I never read it as the troll. Fine moment, totally lost in the movie adaptation of course.

Thread suggestions