🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Dancing Pumpkin Inn

VioletFalcon129

Princess Prissy Pants
Reaction score
"Brother, you must ask the people who own the inn before bringing those, those THINGS into thier biusiness. you'll scare every one awawy, even if your dragons ARE harmless, wich i doubt." Lestiya told Garron. " Is it my fualt that people don't know the difference between a star dragon and a wicked dragon? Certianly not. My dragons are certianly not harmless, but they won't harm innocent passers by." Garron said to her, a bit angrily.

Kailita

Return of the Redhead!
Reaction score
Saving the world, one recycled bottle at a time...
Taytlen nodded with a friendly smile to the inn staff as they were introduced in turn. "I'm called Taytlen Starsworn," she answered, when asked for her name. "Not from around these parts. This is my first time to come through this area. So..." she began to slip on the apron..."is there anything you'd like me to start on?" She smiled widely, unable to believe her good fortune at securing a decent job so quickly. The inn seemed like a respectable establishment, and Fiara seemed to be a very nice sort of person, though Taytlen did not wish to see what would happen if she got herself onto the bad side of such a person. She hoped that Kellis would not have to find out either.

Kellis chuckled from her corner in the back. How easily Ribbons had landed a job! If I was really serious about money, I should try something like that, the thief thought to herself, grinning. But she knew that a respectable job would be far too much for her to manage. Her love of risk and adventure was too strong.

Grinning, she approached Resbrita at the bar, wanting some company. "So," she asked, climbing up onto the counter and seating herself on it, her long legs dangling off, "can you get Ashari to play anything that we can all dance to? I'm longing to stretch my legs...but I doubt she would know any of the songs that I do."

HobbitGirl

Aurë entuluva!
Reaction score
Resbrita kind of just stared for a second. "I...don't know Ashari. I don't really know what songs she can play...but I can ask her." The Kachita girl shuffled between tables up to the little platform where the hobbit jammed on her harmonica. She lurked near the edge of the platform until the Mithril Knight was finished with her current song. Ashari leaned over to hear what Resbrita had to say; considering her height she didn't have to lean very far. "Do...do you know any...lively songs?"

Ashari chuckled. "Well of course I do! What would you like to hear?"

"How about...how about a song from the Spring Festival?"

The hobbit looked befuddled for a moment, then said, "Um...what spring festival?"

"Ok...how about one from...the festival celebrating the fall of Kotere?"

"Who's Kotere?"

Now it was Resbrita's turn to be confused. "Not know Kotere? Codita aystalai! How could you not know Kotere? Don't tell me you weren't affected by him in these lands."

"We've...never even heard of him."

"Ai ishina... Oh well. Well...then...you...could pick...the...lively song," the Kachita girl supplied hesitantly.

"Ok. I'll do that." She launched into an upbeat and happy song, tapping her bare, hairy foot as flecks of spit flew from her vigorous playing.

VioletFalcon129

Princess Prissy Pants
Reaction score
Lestiya looked angrily at garron, who seemed to be about to ask someone to dance. She sank a little lower in her chair mumbling about cleaving off his head.

Kailita

Return of the Redhead!
Reaction score
Kellis grinned as the music started up and clapped along in time, winking at Resbrita.

"Perfect! This will do nicely..."

She looked around at the other occupants of the inn, wondering if they would get up to dance. She noticed the young man who had owned the dragon getting to his feet. The spot on the counter was perfect for observing the going-ons of the inn, even better than her little corner. The only problem with it, she thought with a wry smile, was that she was in plain sight of Fiara. But no matter. She had held this profession for long enough to keep a Ranger off her tail...right? She just had to be very cautious...there was no room for mistakes.

With that thought in mind, she scanned the room pleasantly, looking for someone with a few spare coins...

HobbitGirl

Aurë entuluva!
Reaction score
Resbrita was still in total disbelief. She felt she had to share her confusion with someone. She walked back to Kellis, still wide-eyed in bewilderment. "I could understand that Ashari wouldn't know the Kachitish Spring Festival," said Resbrita to the thief. "She hasn't lived among us, after all. But she's not heard of Kotere. Not heard of him! How is that possible? I simply cannot believe that no one in these lands has heard of Kotere. Next she'll be saying she hasn't heard of the Dark Dragon." She lowered her voice to a whisper as she uttered that last name, a name that a sorcerer named Nethley had taken for himself and conquered Atavve under. "Or worse yet, she'll say she hasn't heard of Fireball!" Resbrita's voice squeaked when she said Fireball. To not have heard of the dragon guardian of Magdala was unthinkable to her, but she was terrified, literally terrified, for Ashari's sake, that the hobbit never had.

Kailita

Return of the Redhead!
Reaction score
Kellis raised her eyebrows slightly at hearing that Ashari had never heard of Kotere, a warlord who had lived many decades before her time but still had an infamous legacy. "These are strange lands, indeed. Well...maybe it's just as well that she doesn't know. He's dead, isn't he? And he certainly gave you and your people a time of it back during the wars..."

The thief's eyes narrowed involuntarily at the mention of the Dark Dragon. It was habit. Magdala had only been freed of his rule two years ago, and the memory of his dark reign was still fresh in her mind. But her eyes softened at the name of Fireball - she didn't understand Resbrita's terror.

"Fireball is good and kind," Kellis reassured the Kachita. "And merciful. Though I can't believe that there is any place - even this foreign one - that is free of his influence. His presence is everywhere."

She smiled kindly at Resbrita's apprehensive face. "Well, you're a Kachita...don't tell me you don't know how to dance to a good jig like this!"

VioletFalcon129

Princess Prissy Pants
Reaction score
Garron began dancing and wistling in a shrill sort of creepy way. Lestiya looked at him in horror and dibelief and her turned circles and ran around like a crazie. She sank even lower in her chair and considered leaving. It wasn't to hard to figure out the clinking noie was her unsheathing and resheathing her sword.

Peacemaker

I am the Peacemaker.
Reaction score
I'm out looking for myself. If I come back before
(psst..let's just pretend Nimrodel ahs been sitting at her table and no one noticed her and she didn't notice anything cuz she was asleep or something (yeah yeah I know Elves don't really "sleep" but shut up..) cuz I havedn't been able to get on and I don't care to take the time to read everything that's happened)

Nimrodel stirs slightly in her sleep, and then slowly her brown eyes flutter open. It takes her awhile to remember where she is, and as soon as she does she wakes up fully. She thinks to herself hm, I might be more comfortable in a room.., so she gets up and walks over to Fiara, and says "Is there an open room? I'd like a place to stay for awhile. I'm willing to pay in advance, if necesary."

Ledreanne313

Reaction score
Ledreanne smiled big and chuckled to herself at Garron. She looked to Lestiya and started laughing in a merry laugh, which is very uncommon to here from herself. 'Lestiya...' she said laughing slightly, 'You shan't be embarrased or mad at your brother! He is having fun, something that you should try! Yet I guess I shan't be saying that...' Her voice died down at the end. She wantes Lestiya to have fun, but she should not have said that. Lestiya is far more joyful that Ledreanne at times. At at the moment Ledreanne felt she needed to laugh, for she hasn't for so long. She leaned in closer to Lestiya and put her slender hand with silver and emrald rings on her shoulder. 'Come now, Young One. If anyone should be asting such it should be me' me smirked, hoping Lestiya knew what she meant. 'Smile a bit' Then she leaned back in her seat and smiled to her and loked back to foolish Garron.

HobbitGirl

Aurë entuluva!
Reaction score
Resbrita's cheeks colored, which wasn't all that noticeable with her dark skin. "I'm not really much of a dancer...I can never remember the Turning Leaf dance during the Autumn festival...I always trip over my own feet. I do know the Mushroom Dance, at least, though."

As if talking of dancing had suddenly triggered something in her muscles, her feet began to involintarily move in time with the music. She caught onto the beat, then did a simple, lively stepping pattern where she stood. She topped it off with a whirl, then spun to face Kellis. Resbrita grinned.

Fiara smiled warmly at Nimrodel. "No, paying in advance isn't necessary." She dissappeared behind the counter for a moment and reemerged with a small key. She handed it to Nimrodel and said, "Here you are. This room is quite lovely, with little curtained windows that look out on the forest. It's up the stairs and the second one on your left. You can pay just before you leave; you don't have to pay now. I hope you enjoy your stay." She smiled warmly again.

When Nimrodel had gone Fiara sighed, looking at her hobbit friend. She turned to Lolik. "I wish I could get out from behind this bar. I can't remember the last time I had a good dance. Remember the limboing contest at the Wandering Blade?" She sighed whistfully. "Those were the days, eh?"

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
Lolik smiled a little bit. "Yeah we need some music to lift our spirits. Everything this day is doom and gloom." He stared into the bottom of his mug and drained it then put it on the bar. "Those old days were the goods ones."

Ledreanne313

Reaction score
Ledreanne, feeling in a merry mood, held a small pouch that was at her hip. She took out a small package that was rapped tightly in velvet and then she held a bright shining Lyre of silver and of gold. 'Alas! I have not played this in so many years. I wonder if I can remember any songs of old.' She said aloud. Then strumming the strings there was a silence and a beautiful sound filled the air. Either everyone stopped to listen of the joyous sound of the golden strings took over all other sounds. Then she stopped and the chatter was heard again. Ledreanne pondered for a bit then put her pale fingers back to the strings and started a soft, gentle song. It was not sad, yet it was beautiful and slow. And the string vibrated and shook back and forth as she moved her hand gracefully back anf forth on the lyre. It was all silver with golden strings and lined with bright spring green emeralds. She smiled and started singing softly to the tune:

'Varda i alata
Tario eleni
Luineva vana ar mel
Varda i cal
i caleva i vilya
i caleva i lumbuleva i kemen
Varda i mirë
i mirëva i vanwa
A Varda! Silmesse orë!'

Then she finished the song and sat silent and hummed the beautiful tune over again.

HobbitGirl

Aurë entuluva!
Reaction score
Ashari stopped suddenly on her harmonica when the lyre started up, producing a rather dischordant squeak out of it. When the song was over she just stood there for a moment. About a moment later she jumped down off of the platform and scampered rather uncerimoniously over to Ledreanne. "That...those...were some of the most beautiful sounds I have ever heard. Will you come up on stage and play with me? I'd be more than happy to offer pay for your services as a musician. With talent like that, you'll be doing more than just playing in inns. Why, you could be a court-bard! Will you play with me?" She gestured to the platform, smiling enthusiastically.

Ledreanne313

Reaction score
Ledreanne laughed loud! 'Why of course, my Young Fair lady. I would play any instrument with a Hobbit so fair and kindly as such!' Then Ledreanne stood, towering over the hobbit (as she stood at 6 feet 4 inches). Then walked to the stage with her lyre and played a merry tune this time and hoping the hobbit would catch on to the simple tune. And as she played she smiled and laighed and she thought to herself This is the best time I have had in more than 100 mortal years!!

Thomas Baggins

Aravorn Blacksword
Reaction score
Amid the joyful music Aravorn walked back into the inn. Coming over to Fiara he said. "Well it's great to be back in your inn, I always loved the atmosphere! Can you perchance get me a glass of water, if you're not too busy?" seeing Lolik his face lit up, "Well another old friend, how are you? I don't think I've talked to you since we had our fight over in the Ranger's battle arena, I did fight you didn't I?"

Kelonus

Prince of Lenya Woods
Reaction score
Kelonus walks into the inn. This would be the second inn, he's walked into. He sits at a table and asks for water. He then introduces himself to those at the table he was sitting at.

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
Lolik tilted his head back and forth and shook it. "I do not know. Did we? I can barely remember those days anymore. Too long ago." He went back to brooding over his drink.

HobbitGirl

Aurë entuluva!
Reaction score
"Welcome, Aravorn! Welcome!" she said joyously to the newcomer. "Waters it is!" She filled two glasses with water and passed them down to the bar to the two new arrivals. "Good sir, could you please tell us your name so that I don't have to say "That guy there" to my waiter every time you order something?" She grinned. "So how goes it, Aravorn? How's life treating you?" she said to her Ranger friend. "And Lolik, don't brood so. Those days may be gone, but we can make happy times again."

Ashari lept onto the stage in one bound, that, considering her exceedingly short legs, could only have been made by an exceptional amount of energy. She joined right in with Ledreanne's tune, then after a minute or two of playing, swelled a loud note on her harmonica, leading the music to a new level of energy. Ashari was really getting into it, stamping her bare hobbit foot on the floor and gave no regard to the flecks of saliva coming from her instrument. She song ended, and Ashari stood there, red-faced and panting, only to launch into another one with Ledreanne.

Ledreanne313

Reaction score
Ledreanne smiled after they finished and took a deep beath, while patting the hobbit on the back. 'You play very well, Small Maiden!' Then she wiped the finger prints from her lyre with her cloak really quick and looked again back down to the hobbit. 'You may start the next if you wish. And if you wish to catch your breath, go on and have a drink!'

Thread suggestions