🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Dancing Pumpkin Inn

Thomas Baggins

Aravorn Blacksword
Reaction score
Well I'm doing alright, I've been travling all over but I decided this is one of my favorite Inns so I decided to come and rest here for a few weeks. Well now that I've wet my lips, could you get me a glass of Red Gondorian Wine, please. Thank you."

"Well those times aren't as gone as you'd think, Lolik. I have found a place where they still survive and it's newly come into being, The times us Ranger's used to have are coming back, you should join us! you too should come, Fiara!" "Well how are things here, it seems pretty lively lately."

HobbitGirl

Aurë entuluva!
Reaction score
Ashari laughed. "I could use a drink. That would be most kind of you to take over for me for a bit! I feel blessed that you came along. Thank you." She grinned, then jumped off the stage and hoisted herself up onto a barstool. "Something light, old friend. I don't want to get too blasted before the night is out." She chuckled, as she had already had a pint and a half of ale.

Fiara fetched Aravorn his wine, then sighed wistfully at his comment on things being lively. "I wish they were livelier," she said. She caught herself, then continued, "I mean, they are lively now, but...oh, I just wish I could dance. It's been so long since I've had a good jig."

She turned to Ashari when her friend arrived at the bar, then laughed at her comment on getting drunk. "I think you've already had a bit much, my friend. I hear that a hobbit's liver isn't acostomed to processing more than half a pint of ale at a time, and you've had at least three times that."

"Hey, I'm not that much of a lightweight," Ashari replied.

"I know, I'm just teasing," Fiara said. "Wow, you really are tired out if you can't even get my horrid attempts at humor." She winked.

Ashari laughed. "Yeah, you may be right there. A strong black coffee, if you please." She sighed. "The night is getting old. Are you going to make a last call?"

Fiara glanced out the nearest window. "Maybe in about an hour. I'll get your coffee in the meantime."

Thomas Baggins

Aravorn Blacksword
Reaction score
"Well I'm about the worst dancer ever, but I have a friend trying to teach me, maybe she'll come and show us her extraordinary talent sometime." "She know's every Elvish dance and most Hobbit ones too." "Anyway your inn is almost as lively as the Crystal Goblit, except you don't have huge foodfight's..............
that was fun................," he muttered.

HobbitGirl

Aurë entuluva!
Reaction score
Fiara's face broke into a huge grin. She'd trust her bar even to Kellivara to get a good dance in before dawn. "Thanks so much!" she managed to say before dashing out onto the dance floor.

Ashari didn't even need to be told once. As soon as she heard the words come out of Kell's mouth, she chugged on her coffee, dashed to the stage, and whipped out her harmonica. She grinned at Ledreanne. "Let's hit it!" she said merrily. And hit it they did.

The tune was the fastest one yet. The only thing keeping the notes and measures from tripping over each other was the superb skill and tightness of each of the music players.

Fiara danced her heart out, splaying all her pent-up energy out over the dance floor. She moved so vigourously that it seemed the music was in time to her dancing, not the other way around. She started an intracate stepping pattern she had learned in her hometown of Bree, then rapidly switched to a fast-paced jig Ashari's sister had shown her once. Within the space of four measures Fiara had switched to break-dancing. She was spinning all-out on the floor, going as fast as her momentum would allow. She jumped up to her feet, then threw herself sideways and upside down on one hand, then threw herself upright again. She broke into a sweat before sixteen measures were passed, but that didn't slow her down a beat.

Thomas Baggins

Aravorn Blacksword
Reaction score
Aravorn strted chearing when Fiara began to dance, after afew minutes he jumped up and joined in, performing what little moves he knew.

Thread suggestions