🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Gallery of Characters-work book-Archive

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
THIS IS JUST A MARVELLOUS IDEA!!!!!!!

G-G, this is a great idea!!!!!!!!!
Boy! I LOVE it!

First - for the beginning I take ALDARION!.. especially after you have allready taken Feanor! ;) :D So...Aldarion - for Lhun.

Then I'll DEFINITELY pick up some more!

Second - some matters of organization, if I may...

In fact - questions:
1/ Are all "biografies" to be posted in the main thread?

2/ If so,where will the comments and the possible discussions take place. I mean... some people will perhaps not agree with the opinion of the "author" of he review concerning a character... so a discussion will occur.... but where?

3/ Time-terms? Say... 10 days between the characters.

4/ Order? Will the characters be presented by the order in that list or randomely?

For now - these are the questions.
A! You know me! I want a strict organization in everything and ...yet hate rues and order! ;) :D :D

But sometimes to have things ordered is good!

Hey.... and WHO HAS MADE THE THREAD STICKY? ;) :) :D

Oh! And one more thing... Why don't you make an announcement in the Members Announcement - with a suitable link provided, so that more people could participate?
Just an idea...:rolleyes:

FoolOfATook

I'm Still Alive...
Reaction score
While I don't have a problem with setting a timeframe for the character profiles in theory, it's worth noting that there is no possible way that mine will be posted in 10 days- I quite simply don't have the time. I will post it as soon as possible, however. :)

Beleg

Fading
Reaction score
That's a nice idea!
But can you add Finduilas there too! :) She is such a cool, cool elf! And a hero in her own regard and Niniel too.
If you can add Finduilas then I'll take Beleg, Turin and Finduilas!

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
:(
Well, since Finduilas is already taken I'd like to have Niniel.
Is that possible?

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Of course it is possible,Fin!
I have also to annouce that Melian asked me to let her do Melian's character,so Melian goes to Melian :D :D :D :D !

I want to suggest some changes in the rules of the Gallery.

First I think that we should wait for about two weeks.Thus there will be enough assigned members and we'll be able to start the Gallery.And with the time the other characters will be taken too by other members.
Tomorrow I'll suggest dates for the first characters.
What is more,I believe 10 days is too much time.There are about 70 characters and if the period is 10 days that will continue 2years!So what would you say about 7 days?!If we see that 7 days is too much we'll make them 10,is that ok?
:)
And please tell all members you know about the Gallery.I'm sure there are many people who are not Tolkienologists but would like to write about their favourite or least favourite characters!!!!

FoolOfATook

I'm Still Alive...
Reaction score
Since this was Gil-Galad's idea, I think that we should accept his recommendations for it- seven days is fine by me, but as I said, with finals right now, seven days might be unrealistic for my very first one.

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
LOL...
Don't worry, FoT!
Aldarion is the first on the list ! ;) :D

So, when am I to post my Aldarion - review?

Beleg

Fading
Reaction score
Wait a second! If we are to go by Alphabetical order in posting our character's bio, then it would take a mighty long time for the later alphabets to appear and people like Turin and Thingol will apear much later. Can someone please clarify the point? when'll we be posting our character bio's?

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Originally posted by Beleg_strongbow
Wait a second! If we are to go by Alphabetical order in posting our character's bio, then it would take a mighty long time for the later alphabets to appear and people like Turin and Thingol will apear much later. Can someone please clarify the point? when'll we be posting our character bio's?
I was told by GG that the biographs are going to be posted alphabetically and I don't think there's any problem with that. What is more, if we don't do it alphabetically some characters will have to appear much later again.

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Well,I wasn't clear enough ,so I want to apologize for that.
As I said it would be better if the biographies are not posted in alphabetical order,because of the long time some have to wait to post their materials.So we start
11th May
with the first biography of Aldarion,assigned by Lhun.For more details see The Gallery.Every new one,who wants to participate,choosing a character will receive a date for posting his materials.So the list of the dates and assignment will be filling in every moment.

Ithrynluin

seeker of solace
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice idea, GG. I don't have the time to prepare a thorough character study right now, but I would like to "book" Galadriel for myself.:)

Eol

Reaction score
I will take Beren and Tuor, if that's ok. I may add more later. Good luck with the first one Lhun!:)

Lhunithiliel

Fëanorean
Reaction score
Originally posted by Eöl
I will take Beren and Tuor, if that's ok. I may add more later. Good luck with the first one Lhun!:)
Thanks Eol! :D

I just wouldn't hide my "love" for one of my favourite characters! ;)

Thread suggestions