🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Gallery of Characters-work book-Archive

Minuel Lasgalas

Lilies are blooming...
Reaction score
Gil-Galad said:
Elrond-March 28th 2004-by Minuel Lasgalas
:cough: Ummm, the books will not ship until 15 March so I may not make that date, but it will not be too far off.

Since several others are tied into Elrond's history...... I will also do Elladan, Elrohir and Celebrian...

Minuel Lasgalas

Lilies are blooming...
Reaction score
Gil-Galad said:
well,just tell me when would you like to post Elrond.
I have the basic outlines of Elrond and the other three... just need to check the books to make sure I have it all.

I would say, no later than 5 April...

Rhiannon

is one hand clapping
Reaction score
Ta-da! Finally! I hope it's good enough to make up a little for the delay :(

Rhiannon

is one hand clapping
Reaction score
Thank you! I'm sorry it was so late, but I'm glad you're pleased :)

Minuel Lasgalas

Lilies are blooming...
Reaction score
"Elrond" will be posted by 5 April... the books are here and I have most of it done... However, there have been two deaths recently among friends that has shaken me a bit.

Eledhwen

Cumbrian
Reaction score
Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire, England, UK
Lhunithiliel said:
(in Gallery of Characters) Volunteers? There are plenty of characters to be taken and researched!
The things I have posted in this and other GoT threads attract little or no comment. Are people being polite in not commenting (in which case I should cease) or are they just ignoring or not noticing my work (in which case - what's the point?). I have a busy life at the moment, so if I am going to post, I want it to be helpful, either to me (through healthy criticism) or to others.

Ithrynluin

seeker of solace
Staff member
Reaction score
Eledhwen, your posts are always interesting and definitely worth the read. The problem lies in the whole idea of guilds. Members feel unwelcome, think they cannot post if they are not members, don't have the time, aren't aware of what's going on in every corner of the forum,...etc. That's why in recent weeks we've disbanded a few inactive guilds, and moved many 'ordinary' book-related threads where they belong, into the book fora. Lhun and I have been doing the same in the GoT, and we hope that it becomes a place for special projects and such, and that we make this fact well known throughout the forum. Certainly, it is a pity for excellent contributions such as those in the Gallery of Characters surely are, to go unnoticed.

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
may i take Mim? (silly question, right? ;) )

oh, and... not estimated date, Kingy, pls... will post it shortly :D

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Of course you can...actually you did it already!!hmhm just finish it.I have a question for you :).

hmmh I also wonder which character to take??Suggestions?I want it to be High-king,like me ;)

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
since...

since i won't be having much time for T-related stuff nowadays... the bio of Mim the Petty-dwarf will linger somewhere in the clouds, awaiting better times...

since it's not finished i was thinking of deleting the only one post it contains, not to prevent others from posting in the Gallery, but...

since (gosh, it's the 3rd "since" in this post, looks strange;)) there's such a crowd in here :)p) i decided not to "move" my post anywhere...

go on, post your bios without fear... don't wait for me... if i come back and see none, i'll finish Mim's, but... if there is one (maybe even two, who knows;)), i'll delete my post and start the bio from the beginning, thus it won't be in "shards" :)

thank you and hopefully see ya soon...

Thread suggestions