🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Great Court

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
Hail Friends! Here, within Talfalas we hath gathered to see the doom of Goroth, the decesion of the strife between Ellesa and Ciyaher, of the Empire of Arnor. Remember, if I be the judge, ad if this is still a problem, it ppears as though i's nearly been resoled, though it may yet flow to blood shed, and the opening of horrors unseen now for ages. All gather now, and present your case!
*Bell tolls once*

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
*People who weren't here during the Great War of the Forums, this is what actually happened...*

As most of you know, I had been King of Gondor for a large span of time, and my reign ended after the Election. I did not agree with the election (though I certainly no longerbear any grudge) and alienated myself from the side of good (although I had always claimed to be neutral). I formed a pact with Dengen-Goroth and took command of Harad along with Jahrdur. We attacked Gondor (after I escaped from Minas Tirith) and I stopped the war just as I arrived at the gates of the city due to the large amount of chaos caused by certain people who couldn't restrict their characters to the PPI...

Anyways, I felt very bad after the war, and begged forgiveness from the new King in Gondor--the honorable Mike B--and he granted it. I also asked permission to rule over Arnor, which he also granted, so I moved there and began rebuilding it, as I had promised.

*pauses for a moment, indicating that the past history has been explained*

Now, for a long while I was content with rebuilding Arnor. That I did quite well, and all three provinces (Arthedain, Cardolan, and Rhudaur under the Knight Aerin) have prospered. I began to look around, however, and I saw that most of the land west of the Misty Mountains was unpopulated or left to rot in the hands of brigands. Only the Shire and the lands adjoining the Mithlond, Rivendell, and the Ered Luin were at all safe, and that displeased me.

So, I took it upon myself to take those lands and place them under the Sceptre of Annuminas to be improved as the kingdom of Arnor had been. I claimed all of the lands west of the Misty Mountains (except the Dwarven Kingdoms, who I made alliance with) to put under my protection so that they could be improved and made to prosper as my own lands had done.

That is how I see things, perhaps others might disagree, so let them now speak!

*sits down in a chair*

Eomer Dinmention

The Asian Lord
Reaction score
I King Eomer of Rohan claim land :
the Gap of Rohan to the outer fence of Fangorn to the Limlight along it to the Anduin to the Entwash and the mering streem ( i think thats how you spell it i don't have the book infront of me so excuse me if i'm wrong) then up the Ered Nimraise back to the gap of Rohan

sorry if i'm wrong once i get my books back from my brother then i'll tell you the exact measurements

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
Very Well Ciryaher of Arnor, you have spoken of why you chose to take these lands. But was that your true purpose? The court must enter all points. Do tell first why the lands west of the Mist Mountains would notfrom the beginning be of Arnor as they are show in many a map. Another question, where you aware of the Rule of Ellesar on this region or no. And Last for now, did you take this land by force, or did the general populace accept your oncoming.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
My true purpose was and still is to make those lands prosper and flourish.

Arnor originally was composed of most of the northern half of what I consider to be Eriador (being all the lands between the Blue and Misty Mountains). I claimed all the land except those stated previously.

I grudgingly accept the rule of Elessar over the lands with the following borders: Swanfleet to the north, Greyflood to the west, the Misty Mountains in the west, and the Isen in the south.

To answer your final question, I must say neither is quite true. I took the lands by force of word, but I advanced no army across my borders. I now have garrisons scattered about the land I claim, to keep the peace and defend in times of war, but that is all.

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
I see, so you accept his rule in those lands, yet still desire them do you not? Tell me, now that you have had rule over these lands for some time, how have you benefited them? Are there improvements in living standards so drastic that it may be seen that you would be the proper and most needed ruler of these lands? Also, do you have the blood of Numenor within you? Where is the link within you and Ellendil's sons, which King of Arnor is needed to have per the laws written.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Changes go slowly during times of unrest, in which we certainly are. Once the threat to order has been dealt with, I can proceed with reconstruction much more quickly.

I am descended directly from my grandsire of old, Halbarad of the Dunedain. We were a line of less reknowned men, but the blood of Westernesse perhaps runs truer in we than it does in the veins of the princes of Dol Amroth or the Stewards of Minas Anor.

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
Thank you for providing me with much neded information. I have heard enough for now of your case, Ciryaher, and now desire to hear of Ellesar. If within half of a fortnight he does not arrive, I shall pass the Doom of Goroth.

Thread suggestions