🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Great Debates' Matters!

Úlairi

Crying in the Wilderness
Reaction score
May I ask what the topic is? Or hasn't it been decided yet? If it has, then please tell me or PM me as I certainly need all the time I can get to study up!

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Usually the topic is announced just before every debate.One of the teams picks up one of the sides and posts its opening posts.Then the debate begins.It lasts exactly one week and then the judges have to post their opinions.
You can read this thread about the rules of the Tournament:

http://www.thetolkienforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12102

The same rules(with some very little changes )will be used.
As you probably know the coming debates will be part of our preparation for the next debating Tournament.
You can also read some of the debates(I recommend you the one between The Guild of Tolkienology and The Guild of Ost-in-Edhil-magnificent debate!!-
http://www.thetolkienforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13644 )
:)

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Ok, so let's see...We have two members?

Finduilas
Ulairi

We need two more.Anybody?Morgoth?Morgothsbane?

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Ok:)

So we have:

Finduilas
Ulairi
Starflower
?

Shaky?
Morgoth?
MorgothsBane?

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
celebdraug said:
When is the debating starting?
I have to admit that I'm not sure. But since the other team already has all his members, they are only waiting for us. So as soon as a fourth member appears, we'll probably start. Oh, and we have to decide which members will be exchanged (from our Guild I mean).

Draug, interested?:)

C

celebdraug

the think is, i not sure!
i want to take part but i not sure what the topic is going to be and i really dont know if i can depate on that topic! (i am good at debating some kinds of topics!) Do you know/have any idea what the topic is about?

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
:D Nobody knows it...except ithrynloin.;)

The topic is announced just before the debate, actually it is announced and the debate starts.:)
I think that you should participate, everybody learns, right?;)
If you find out later that you really cannot say anything at all, then you can stay asaid and watch in the first debate. After all, that is what the preparation debates are for - to gain experience.:)And it is going to be a friendly debate, so dopn't worry.;)
So, what do you say?:)

C

celebdraug

i will sign up, but im not going to be here till monday, but i'll try to do my best! and it gives me something to look foreward to cepy for exams! yay! :) (if you do find someone who can debate before i come them dont worry about asking to to leave, im sure i will get other chances!) ~ :)

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
So here we are:

celebdraug
Ulairi
Starflower
Finduilas

:D
We are ready, aren't we?;)
There's one final thing we have to do before we start, we have to decide which two members will ve exchanged...
So any volunteers? :D:D

Any volunteers twice? ;)

Ok, I'm the first one! :D
Someone else?
:)

C

celebdraug

Finduilas said:
There's one final thing we have to do before we start, we have to decide which two members will ve exchanged...:)
:confused: what do you mean!?

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
The debate will be an educational one, friendly. We have two teams, four members. Two of the Tolkienologists 'become' Eruhini for this debate; two of the Eruhini 'become' Tolkienologists. The idea is to gather experience and different style of debating; to see others' methods towards debating; strategies. When the debate is over, members return to their Guilds and tell their co-guildmembers what they have learned from the other team. Thus we exchange experience, tactics and prepare for the next years Debating Tournament.
More or less, that's it.:)

C

celebdraug

Wow! That intresting! Well if you still want a volenteer, i you man..... woman actually! :)

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Ok, accepted! :D

So, draug and I are to be exchanged...(wow, it sounds as if to be sold! :D).

I'm waiting for a reply by Scatha and we can start.;)

Further information...later. ;):D

C

celebdraug

Im so excited! This is my first ever debate on the forum! hope it all goes well! :D

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
Good luck (from the above) to both teams.
Have fun!
Exchange this feelin'...
I guess I'll read some... awaiting your "dares";)
Again, good luck.

:D

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Good luck, draug. ;)
My first debate was a disaster!!! :D
But don't worry..:D...that won't happen to you.;)

Man, you're in the next one!! No escaping this time! :D

*making the devil emotion*...;)

Thread suggestions