🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Great Debates' Matters!

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
Finduilas said:
Man, you're in the next one!! No escaping this time! :D

*making the devil emotion*...;)
Think not...

*flies away with a broad (arch)angelic grin*

;)

C

celebdraug

Angels dont fly away from their fears/or they are not lazy!
So you will have to participate in the next debate or God might chuck you out of heven :D ;) :)

Manveru

Reaction score
celebdraug said:
Angels dont fly away from their fears/or they are not lazy!
So you will have to participate in the next debate or God might chuck you out of heven :D ;) :)
Really... I guess I must be some strange type of arch... (and btw: isn't being lazy "written down" in everyone's fate? just wondering;)).
As for heaven... hmmm... haven't you read my poem? (yea, that bunch of words strangely put in in sth which resembles poetry...;))

I'm climbing higher to hear heaven's cry.

Listening carefully, there's no reply...

heaven's a lie...
and since I'm already "bound" on earth... there's no point in "chucking me out of there"...;)

but I'll reconsider that debates' thing... (promise nothing, of course... don't want to promise lightly)

:D

C

celebdraug

good come back! cant argue with that! well done! and thats another reason you should debate :D:D

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
:Dhahhaa

You should see Man debating! Huuu.....;) He's like a unearthy debator...;) A debator from Heaven! :D

But you will see him, because he's debating in the next round.;) No escape from the exile! ;)

Now seriously....you have choice,of course...;)

C

celebdraug

lol!

Well, the other team are still not ready are they?
*waits patiently!*

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
No, they are ready, but we still need one more judge and they're seeking for him.
When everythung's ready they'll tell us.:)

Btw, they were ready before us.;)

C

celebdraug

ahem. i knew that!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
lol
silly mistake!

Cant we just ask a lovely random person to be judge? or have we got to wait for someone to voleenteer? :confused:

Bethelarien

The Lost Evenstar
Reaction score
Scatha would be the dragon to ask about this. He's the one who's mainly coordinating things. I do not know in what guild the debate will take place. As for our missing judge, we are actively looking for one. However, it seems that many people are tired of judging from the Tournament, or are too busy. Or don't want to. So we're still one judge short.

And I must admit to some confusion (naturally, all Scatha's fault). ;) I don't understand exactly how this debate is going to work. Could I bother someone to explain it to me, please?

Manveru

Reaction score
I guess that our Kingy would be the best person to "throw" questions at...;)
Unfortunately, he's offline (I wonder for how long yet?) and cannot answer them now...
That pointy eared dragon could be another possibility, just a thought...;)

As for judging... could a judge be from one of the guilds "interested" in whole matter? If so... count me in (if you want... no pushing around;):D).

So...

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
I will post the topic when the two teams are ready,in a thread open in the Guild of Tolkienology.Having in mind that some of the members are unexperienced debators yet,I suppose that the topic will concern LOTR.
I have one last question,who will be debate for the Guild of Eruhini?

I would like also to invite Eriol to be analyzator and judge of the debate.He is the one who can best analyze the good and bad points of the debators,so we will definitely need his help.

C

celebdraug

Gil-Galad said:
I will post the topic when the two teams are ready,in a thread open in the Guild of Tolkienology.Having in mind that some of the members are unexperienced debators yet,I suppose that the topic will concern LOTR.
*cough* me *cough*

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
celebdraug said:
Gil-Galad said:
*cough* me *cough*
ok,I you will be the one who will debate for the Guild of Eruhini,enjoy your debate for them and make use of the chance to learn some things from Scatha and Bethelarien. :)

I would like to ask Scatha to tell me names of the four debators fro, the Guild of Eruhini as well as who will debate for the Guild of Tolkienology.

Last edited:

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
I just want to help here..;)

For the Guild of Tolkienology:
-Ulairi
-Starflower
-draug (exchange)
-Finduilas (exchange)

For the Eruhini:
-Scatha
-Beth
-Celebthol
-Omni

But I don't know who will be exchanged in the Eruhini Guild....

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
:)
Good luck to both teams.:)
I hope we turn this debate into a wonderful experience.

Manveru

Reaction score
Gil-Galad said:
Ok,finally we have the teams.Due to his problems at school Ulauiri will probably not participate in the debate.So I would like to see Manveru at his place.
Hmm...
Finduilas said:
:Dhahhaa

You should see Man debating! Huuu.....;) He's like a unearthy debator...;) A debator from Heaven! :D
Do I really have to "excercise" my fingers after such a flawless recommendation?...;)
Finduilas said:
But you will see him, because he's debating in the next round.;) No escape from the exile! ;)

Now seriously....you have choice,of course...;)
"Choice? What choice do you think I have?";)
"If it is indeed the will of the council...err... Kingy...
The arch. will see it done."
:)(thx, Boromir... for yet another great line...)

-----------
Sorry... if I noticed this too late...

Thread suggestions