🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Great Divorce

octoburn

Reaction score
has anyone else read this book, and do yu think it would make a good movie? I've read it twice in the last week and love it. I'd love to see it as a movie, but doubt it would happen, as it doesn't really involve any action or a love story. more of a "thinking man's movie"

I think it'd be fabulous, just not in line with what is "in" right now.

HLGStrider

All Knowing Magic Cat
Reaction score
I think it is a bit too talky to be a movie but it IS an excellent, interesting, thought-provoking book.

However, movies are a visual experience mainly. It might make an amazing radio drama.

Hammersmith

Irresistible Ork Child
Reaction score
I read it a few weeks ago for the first time, and was blown away by it. Totally incredible, fantastic, insightful...just wow. I was playing it through my head as a movie while I was reading it, and while it could be done I came to the conclusion that it wouldn't be a very good movie. Besides, I shudder to think what Hollywood would do to CS Lewis' theological books.

Thread suggestions