🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Guild of Sports

Wolfshead

Formerly CraigSmith
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aulë
Who thinks that Beckham will leave Manchester Utd?
Hey everyone! Mind if I join? Of course you don't :D I like to think I'm a football expert, and I keep up with all the goings on in the English and Scottish Premierships, so I'm probably qualified to discuss the beatiful game at great length :D

Beckham's gonna leave, I think the situation has gone too far for him to stay. Why, though, he would want to go to Barcelona is beyond me. Naturally, he's said he doesn't want to go there, and it's easy to see why - anywhere other than Real Madrid will be a step down. And Italy wouldn't be good for him - they play too defensively in Serie A. So, yeah, if he goes anywhere, he's going to go to Real Madrid. He'll slot into the centre of midfield there alongside Claude Makelale and get to play a more attacking game than in Italy.

I'm neutral in the situation, so I'd like him to go, purely because it will be interesting.

Eliot

We shall prevail.....
Reaction score
I'm sure munchkin wouldn't mind talking about baseball.... :D

So, what does everybody think of the Cubs loss to the Blue Jays? I'm absolutely ticked off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

A third-place team beating a first place team?!?!?!?!?! How did that happen? Oh well, just as long as Houston doesn't take first. Hopefully the Cubs can make the Playoffs this year. They usually start the season off pretty well, then just gradually fall into lower positions in our division. It's pretty sad. :( :(

Last edited:

FoolOfATook

I'm Still Alive...
Reaction score
A third-place team beating a first place team?!?!?!?!?! How did that happen?
Because the AL East is a much, much stronger division than the NL Central? If the Cubs had to play teams like the Yankees and the Red Sox more often, and teams like the Pirates and the Brewers less, they would be a third place team. Besides, the Cubs' best player is still out for cheating, Hee Sop Choi is injured and Mark Prior and Kerry Wood still only get to pitch every fifth day. That leaves Moises Alou, who's on the decline of his career, and Damien Miller, who's lost his All-Star form...

Inderjit S

Bootylicious
Reaction score
And Italy wouldn't be good for him - they play too defensively
Beckham would get greta support from Cafu at Milan though! But Seria A doesn't rely on wing-play, if they do it is by left/right wing-backs, such as Cafu and Candela at Roma (Well before Cafu moved, though when he and Candela were at their most effefctive they were brillaint, though Roma are off form now and Pannuci pinched his palc,e and he is a more defensive minded player.)

He'll slot into the centre of midfield there alongside Claude Makelale
*cough* Zinedene Zidane. :p

Makele may be drafted in Center of defense to partner Pavon since Hierro is getting a bit too old, and Pavon is a great young defender. But playing 4-4-2 without a def. mid. leaves a unbalanced side.

Wolfshead

Formerly CraigSmith
Reaction score
Originally posted by Inderjit S
*cough* Zinedene Zidane. :p
No, Zidane'll play behind Raul and Ronaldo. Figo will play on the right of centre with Beckham and Makelele. I think that was how it would go.

Eliot

We shall prevail.....
Reaction score
But you can't prove that he meant to pick that bat. So, in a sense he cheated, but in another sense, he didn't cheat.

I don't see why you can't figure that out, you crazy fool of a Took!! :) :rolleyes: :D

M

munchkin

I'm with Eliot on this one. He said he uses it in practice to put on a show. I can believe that. Sammy Sosa is an honest guy who just took the wrong bat. Hes not the kind of guy to do something like that.

Luthien Tunivel

Resident Football Hater
Reaction score
Just so you know, as long as the Guild of Baseball works, I'll be leaving this guild because all I ever talk about here is baseball, and I know you guys are getting pretty sick of hearing about it.

Thread suggestions