What's new
🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Guild of Sports

Feanorian

Reaction score
Darn I see I missed out on the Beckham and Sosa talks.

O well I will offer my 2 cents about them anyways

1st. Beckham: As a staunt Beckham supporter I am very glad to see him go to Real, there is no reason they should not win now. They have the top 10 players in the world on their team
Zidanne, Beckham, Figo, Carlos, Ronaldo, Raul, Casilias, etc this will also give Becks a great opurtunity to measure his skill out of England and will probably result in him being a better player.

2nd. Sosa: I believe him when he says that it was for the fans but I think thats what it was originally, he hadent hit a homer in about a month when that happened. He was getting pretty desperate. They checked all of his hall of fame bats and they were clean. I think his time is passing.

By the way has anyone started training for an upcoming Fall Sport? I started Football practice a week after school ended. Its been alright mostly just conditioning and weight lifting. Does anyone else play futbol americano?

Feanorian

Reaction score
What's AFL? Australian? Tsk, Tsk I've heard the stereo-types that we are lazy, women, who wear pads, etc.........that's ok we all know in a street fight it'd be the real football players!!

Just Kidding. :D

Wolfshead

Formerly CraigSmith
Reaction score
Well, no one seems to have mentioned football (or soccer if you prefer) for a while. So I will.

What about that Harry Kewell transfer, eh? £2 million to his agent! Wow.

And that Ronaldinho fellow - snubbed Man Utd and gone to Barcelona!

And also, Man Utd have signed an American keeper - Tim Howard, who suffers from Tourette's Syndrome. Good for him, I say.

Of course, all this will seem inane babble to most people, but maybe some versed in the beautiful game will follow me :D

T

The_Swordmaster

Wow this guild died suddenly.

Anyway. Is there any American Football fans in this guild or at all. Because If we have a few we could start a fantasy football league in Yahoo or someother site just for TTF members. That would be awesome if we could.

Aulë

The Larrikin
Reaction score
:rolleyes:
Not another American sport... ;)

How many of you are going to be following the Rugby World Cup? :)
It's in Australia this year! yay. :D

Thread suggestions