🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Guild of the Periaur (The Half-Olds)

Aulë

The Larrikin
Reaction score
Melian Le Fay said:
don't worry, 33Peregrin! you're welcome to join as long as you've got that tween spirit... but, you'll have to "talk" to some of the guild-leaders, just to make it official!
lol, you had me worried for a while there Melian. :D
I looked at your profile, and saw that you had a posting rate of 66 posts a day. Yet I couldn't figure out where you had posted so much. It took me ages to find out that your profile had been restarted from 2002. :p
You should try and get that 'joined' date changed.

Melian Le Fay

Lover of night
Reaction score
He, he...For a moment there it seemed like I had no life. :p
Yeah, I commited a terrible sin, by opening a new account ( I believed my old one was canceled a 1,5 ago), but mods forgave me and merged my two accounts... But I will have that changed, thanks for reminding me! :)

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
33Peregrin you are of course welcome to participate in the Periaur guild!

As long as you bring your energy and creativity...and willingness to help grow this guild...I'm all for it!

Welcome!!!!

33Peregrin

hmmm
Reaction score
OK :D

Aulë said:
Hey there 33Peregrin. :D
I haven't seen you around the place much since I was Pippin_Took :D. You must have been sneaking around those nasty movie forums. ;)
Yes, I have been around the movie forums... :p I've... I don't know what I am going to say. :) Sorry guys, I'm kinda shy. In real life, you wouldn't have even been able to hear me talk a year ago. But I can talk more now... :D I think. :)

Melian Le Fay

Lover of night
Reaction score
Don't worry... we'll make you talk!
We'll tie you to the chair and point a big flash light to your face...
It works like a charm! :p :D

Just kidding, of course... :D

Melian Le Fay

Lover of night
Reaction score
Oh, well, what are you gonna do... People quite often ignore me to, but if you just talk enough, there's a greater chance you'll run into people who won't ignore you... ;) Like me! tadaaa... :D

Aulë

The Larrikin
Reaction score
OK, it looks like we have two options for the future of this Guild:

a). Fight like last time, and desperately try and revive the Guild with a bunch of wonderful and inovative ideas.
b). Say our goodbyes, and close the Guild like OiE and GoE have just done.

Elbereth will have the final say in this matter, but what do the remainder of you guys think? (Now that I think about it, Legolam, Niniel, Elbe and myself are the only Periaur left...but oh well.) :(

Niniel

Random Quoter
Reaction score
Hm... oh dear... I must say that at the moment I don't really have the time or inspiration to revive the GoP. That can change very quickly with me, but for now I would say close it down. We can always reopen it when TTF becomes more active in the future.

Ithrynluin

seeker of solace
Staff member
Reaction score
Why close it down?? I would think a more viable option would be moving it into the Flotsam and Jetsam section where it would remain as a 'guild' - in the sense that it would have its own section, just without the 'guild of' part. Its members would continue to discuss topics that center around 'tweens', though activity would have to pick up a bit. And at the same why not try to come up with 'a bunch of wonderful and inovative ideas' in the book section where they would receive more feedback than in the confines of a guild?

I suggested this in the Spring Cleaning thread, but there wasn't much response, so I'm not sure what others think would be best.

Now that I think about it, Legolam, Niniel, Elbe and myself are the only Periaur left
People, don't be fooled! Aulë must enjoy all the attention of being the only male left in the group! :D

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
I like your suggestions ithy. Let's not completely disappear as a guild...heck, I think it is really an impossibility to have the tweens spirit die altogether. But the inevitable has happened...we teens have become too busy with our real lives to keep the guild alive. We have some good threads in here though...and if the mods would be so kind...I would appreciate it if we can keep many of them open. (I will be more than happy to review the threads myself and let you know which ones to keep and which ones to discard.)

However, the reign of the Periaur has faded and a new age must begin. And as the founder of this guild, I think I am finally willing to let my baby go.

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
As long as you have the Periaur spirit..I don't see why you can't join the guild.

Feel free to get involved in the current happenings in the guild...participate in the threads and if you have any good ideas for the guild of Periaur, please feel free to let me know about them...your contributions will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the guild Jesse and Darkknight! :)

Darkknight

Honourable Periaur
Reaction score
Elbereth said:
As long as you have the Periaur spirit..I don't see why you can't join the guild.

Feel free to get involved in the current happenings in the guild...participate in the threads and if you have any good ideas for the guild of Periaur, please feel free to let me know about them...your contributions will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the guild Jesse and Darkknight! :)
Thank you, Elbereth.

Melian Le Fay

Lover of night
Reaction score
What? What? What?!?!?!

What's happening?!?!?! Why is the Guild being shut down?! I've been away for a month, and now when I come back I see things falling apart!!! WHY is the guild closing down?! PLEASE, somebody tell me!!! :mad:

Aulë

The Larrikin
Reaction score
Melian Le Fay said:
What's happening?!?!?! Why is the Guild being shut down?! I've been away for a month, and now when I come back I see things falling apart!!! WHY is the guild closing down?! PLEASE, somebody tell me!!! :mad:
Well at the moment, the Periaur doesn't seem to be in the process of being shut down. There was talk about it for a little while, but recently there has been a surge in Guild activity, so it seems to be hanging on. I believe that the Periaur and the GoT are the only major guilds left now.

Melian Le Fay

Lover of night
Reaction score
Hmmm... But I was also under the impression that GoT is also being closed down... Actually, ALL the Guilds are being closed down, 'cause the Big Guys said so... And I really can't find a good reason to do so... I mean, if the members of the forum want to keep the guilds, why stop them?! :confused:

Arvedui

Stargazer
Reaction score
Aulë said:
Well at the moment, the Periaur doesn't seem to be in the process of being shut down. There was talk about it for a little while, but recently there has been a surge in Guild activity, so it seems to be hanging on. I believe that the Periaur and the GoT are the only major guilds left now.
Here's looking at ya, kid! :cool:
What we are looking at, is not only activity, but Tolkien-related activity. And in the process of doing that, we look at the Guilds also, and concider where they belong in the "new & improved" TTF.

The first guilds to be closed down were two that were very Tolkien-related, but lacked activity. Maybe that have given the wrong impression.

Whether or not the Periaur will suffer the same destiny as Scholar's Hall and O-i-E, remains to see.

(But don't be surprised if this happens to this Guild as well).

Thread suggestions