🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

The Guild of the Periaur (The Half-Olds)

Fechin

Member of Guild Periaur
Reaction score
I sure hope we can save our guild we have here. I have not been posting much lately becuase I simply cant think of anything to post. *shrugs*

Please let us keep our guild!

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
I think the only way we can keep this guild alive is if we start posting more "Tolkien-related" threads...and are able to keep those guilds active. Although I'm not a big fan of those threads...I understand how important it is to have those type of threads in a "Tolkien forum".

With that said, if you want to save the Periaur guild...start posting more and encouraging others to join in the fun.

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
I'm in a giving mood this early early morning...so I will say yes you may join King A. But as a new member I am requiring you to submit at least one really rockin new tolkien related thread to the guild. Good Luck! :)

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
I know I may have said this in the past...but I guess I wasn't ready the last time.

However, I am unfortunately stepping down as Guild leader of the Periaur.

This little guild has sort of dwindled over the years and with participation down to exactly two members, I am not sure if I have the desire to keep this up anymore.

If someone would like to replace me as guild leader please speak up now, otherwise, perhaps we should just archive the place and move on.

spirit

Dragon Tamer
Reaction score
:(
If someone would like to replace me as guild leader please speak up now, otherwise, perhaps we should just archive the place and move on.
No! We can't have this Guiled as an archive :( !
We should make a poll and vote (a fair way to do it) on who we want as the new leader...
What do you all think?

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
spirit said:
:( No! We can't have this Guiled as an archive :( !
We should make a poll and vote (a fair way to do it) on who we want as the new leader...
What do you all think?
Normally I would be all for this idea...but I have tried things like this in the past...and no one has ever wanted to step up as leader. Additionally, the activity in this guild is painfully slow.

However, if you all really want this guild to work....I encourage you to step up and really make things happen in here.

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
As WM mentioned in another thread...the Guild of Periaur is on its way out of the forum and will most probably be archived...if all goes well.

Before that happens though, I want to go through the guild and move some of the Tolkien related threads as well as the some of the more popular threads and move them into other appropriate sections of the forum.

Although I know which threads I want to move...I also would like to get your input. What threads do you think should remain open?

Give your opinions now....since if all goes well, I will be able to start prunning the guild next week when I return from my vacation in Maine.

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
The day has finally come for me to say goodbye to my beloved Guild of Periaur. It has been an amazing ride. I have met some great members in this guild, had some great discussions...and ultimately really enjoyed my time with all the wonderful members who have joined the guild in the two years it has been in existance. I want to thank all you wonderful Tweens who helped make this guild possible. I loved your enthusiasm, your carefree spirit...and I will miss you all. I will be forever greatful to you all for making my vision of this guild a reality. It has been a priviliage and honor....Thank You!

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
The following threads have been salvaged from the Guild and have been moved to other areas withing the forum:

Limlight Lounge - moved to Green Dragon

The Peredhil: What Choice Would you make? - moved to Hall of Fire

Who's you favorite character - moved to Bag End

What if the Fellowship went to college - moved to Bag End

Daily Affirmations from LOTR - moved to Bag End

LOTR, "Applicability" and our generation - moved to Hall of Fire

Thread suggestions